Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

Download / Listen

Alternative downloads:
Rapidshare:
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VA0IC4CI
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire...s39gssbfd29tvx6

~Lil~

Edited by Lilmikee, 22 November 2010 - 08:44 AM.

I don't need to be forgiven.

Posted Image

#2 Joseph

Joseph

I <3 Haters

• RS Name:Lowest Pid
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

Will edit when dl'ed.

RapidShare BLOWS.

Great episode mike. You put alot of work into the episode I saw.
With the volume troubles etc, it's a good thing the content worked out for you. As Teddy said, excellet content, large quantity of topics.

Bravo fellas.
:thumbsup:

Edited by Joseph, 17 May 2010 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image

[ Posted Image Message me for any help] * - * [ Proud 7+ Years on Zybez ]

[ - Embrace Your Dreams, Protect Your Honor - ]

#3 Lfc2004

Lfc2004

Steven Gerrard

• RS Name:Lfc2004
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Collision

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Rapid share never works for me! :|

You'll Never Walk Alone

#4 Lil

Lil
  • RS Name:Lilmikee
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Yes, yes, but only W13 can upload it to the server and I wanted the episode released sooner rather than later. Can add it to Megaupload as well if that's any better.

~Lil~

Posted Image

#5 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm almost positive this is the longest episode we've released by far, and we've also discussed easily with each other on the most topics.  This is definitely one to listen to :thumbsup:

Pleased with how it came out!

-Teddy
Posted Image

#6 Dark

Dark

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

I'm downloading it now; I'll listen in the morning. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#7 Joseph

Joseph

I <3 Haters

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:41 AM

View PostDark, on 16 May 2010 - 05:32 PM, said:

I'm downloading it now; I'll listen in the morning. :-)

Mikee was right, your new avatar is creepy!

I updated my original post :thumbsup:

Edited by Joseph, 17 May 2010 - 02:41 AM.

Posted Image

#8 DaveC

DaveC

Your soul. I has it.

• RS Name:Talisker

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

My name is 'Dave'. Not 'DONe' in reCAPTCHA.

/whinge

Edited by DaveC, 17 May 2010 - 08:01 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Wristé13

Wristé13

The mysterious stranger

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

Great episode. Don't forget to stay tuned for the Teddy interview, as well as outtakes in the ending song.
Okay, so you pronounce my name like this: "Rist'ay thur'teen.' It's not "Rist," "Riste," or "Rist'uh," and if you spell it "Wristle," you will meet a very, very painful death.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski

Member of the Midnight Crew

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

Yay, I've waited a while :lol:
Can't wait to listen to it, I'll feed back once I have :whistle:

Mikey

Posted Image

Retired Global Moderator | Retired Achievements Co-Leader | Retired Aotm Leader

#11 Joseph

Joseph

I <3 Haters

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

Thank you W13 for uploading to Zybez. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#12 mocco1

mocco1

• RS Name:mocco1

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

some good views covered this week =]

#13 Jackie Clay

Jackie Clay

スレイヤー

• RS Name:Jackie Clay
  • Clan:TSG

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

I'm a first time listener and I must say I'm impressed I found this pretty enjoyable. I don't know if there is already, but maybe there could be a link on the Zybez page linking to a Zybez20 page, where older episodes could be found as well as new?

One of the things I like about this podcast is simply hearing RuneScape related words said aloud. A majority of the time I experience certain terms in game and rarely spoken. Almost gives a welcoming feeling into RuneScape and the Zybez Community.

Nicely done.

Edit: Well I suppose this forum is for what I have suggested above. Should have payed better attention lol.

Edited by Wicked_Fire, 17 May 2010 - 10:31 PM.

Posted Image
"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

Slay on.

#14 TheJaizin

TheJaizin

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

This is my first time posting (as far as I remember) and there were several things in this episode that I would like to address. But first of all I need to know if posts here are only allowed to be "fluff" posts as per the "Be Nice" theme, or, is constructive criticism desired and appreciated? I hope you will take this the right way but as far as I know, this podcast is about Runescape, correct? I think that political and economic commentary should be left to the experts, which I think we all would agree you all are not. The comment to which I am specifically referring went "(American currency) is worth about as much as tissue paper right now". If you knew your facts the exchange rate right now is the same or less than it was in 1995, 15 years ago! Please, please, please just don't regurgitate the same mindless banter that you hear on the "telly"! Yes, the economy in the US is bad right now. But it is bad all over the world! Just because our press is free to display our dirty laundry for the world to see doesn't mean that you should point at it and laugh.

The second thing I wanted to address was the RuneFest topic. Conventions are a major part of the fantasy and sci-fi community and to put down Jagex for hosting one for RuneScape is ridiculous. The price is fairly typical for a convention although usually other conventions are longer than a day. I'm sure the ticket price is as low as they could make it and they probably will only break even on the event. RuneFest will not make Jagex money and I believe it is done for the fans of the game to have some fun away from their computer screens. So if you can't afford it, oh well, you can make it the next time they do it, save your pennies. At least you all in England don't have to worry about transcontinental airline tickets!

Now if this was too direct of criticism, I do apologize, but it was bothering me and I had to say something. Think of it this way before you all come down on me: If your show is generating a "buzz" at least it's better than no buzz at all! Keep it up guys and have fun.

#15 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:24 AM

Hey no worries, we love reading the nice posts that praise the podcast, but we also appreciate reading the ones that give us ideas on how to improve.  On Zybez20 we like to have our facts straight and spend some time looking up our material that we discuss before we actually put this together so we at least know something.  We don't know everything though, so we might make little mistakes in the area of economy and politics.  I'm thinking that tissue paper line was a bit of a joke, but you have to remember not all of us come from America and we like to poke fun at each other's countries every once in a while -_- As for that conventions thing, it's fine for you to have a different opinion on it, it's just something a lot of us felt strongly on.

Yeah, different opinions are welcome on this thread, as long as you don't direct flames at us! ^_^

-Teddy
Posted Image

#16 Wristé13

Wristé13

The mysterious stranger

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

The tissue paper thing was probably just a fun poke, and I don't know if the Euro is doing much better - being American, I wasn't offended in the slightest (I laughed behind the mic at that a bit), and part of the podcast is to simply have fun an express our views so long as we don't outright offend people. Nonetheless, I'm glad you posted your opinion, and I'd like to see more of that from the community. Glad you tuned in =P.
Okay, so you pronounce my name like this: "Rist'ay thur'teen.' It's not "Rist," "Riste," or "Rist'uh," and if you spell it "Wristle," you will meet a very, very painful death.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 ""Sliver_man""

""Sliver_man""

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:54 AM

Great Pod Cast, First time i have listend to one from you guys, but kept me busy when i was mining granite, So will probably take the time later to listen to all the ones before this,
Thanks for the pod casts! Keep up the good work!

#18 Alberta_A

Alberta_A

Shadow Of Guthix

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

View PostSliver_man, on 18 May 2010 - 09:54 AM, said:

Great Pod Cast, First time i have listend to one from you guys, but kept me busy when i was mining granite, So will probably take the time later to listen to all the ones before this,
Thanks for the pod casts! Keep up the good work!

Just relized i was signed into the wrong account, lol.

Great Job Guys!
Posted Image

#19 Lil

Lil
  • RS Name:Lilmikee

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

View PostTheJaizin, on 18 May 2010 - 01:37 AM, said:

This is my first time posting (as far as I remember) and there were several things in this episode that I would like to address. But first of all I need to know if posts here are only allowed to be "fluff" posts as per the "Be Nice" theme, or, is constructive criticism desired and appreciated?

I prefer one geniune post of criticism to a hundred "great episode" posts, because it helps us improve the direction we're going in.

I hope you will take this the right way but as far as I know, this podcast is about Runescape, correct? I think that political and economic commentary should be left to the experts, which I think we all would agree you all are not.

The podcast is mainly about Runescape, but also other matters we think are interesting. Usually the episodes get trimmed down to only the Runescape-related discussion during editing but we actually go off-topic a lot and there's at least an hour's worth of discussion for every episode. Bringing it down to just 20 minutes is difficult, and for this episode at least we wanted to leave in some of the non-Runescape related matters. No we're not experts, but our aim is to produce a podcast that's entertaining to listen to and we think discussing more worldwide matters is a good step in that direction.

The comment to which I am specifically referring went "(American currency) is worth about as much as tissue paper right now". If you knew your facts the exchange rate right now is the same or less than it was in 1995, 15 years ago! Please, please, please just don't regurgitate the same mindless banter that you hear on the "telly"! Yes, the economy in the US is bad right now. But it is bad all over the world! Just because our press is free to display our dirty laundry for the world to see doesn't mean that you should point at it and laugh.

That'd be me who siad it, and it wasn't meant to be anything more than a joke. We'll be wary of such comments in the future, but if ever hear something similar then try not to take it too seriously.

The second thing I wanted to address was the RuneFest topic. Conventions are a major part of the fantasy and sci-fi community and to put down Jagex for hosting one for RuneScape is ridiculous.

We're not putting them down for hosting one; we're putting them down for hosting one badly.

The price is fairly typical for a convention although usually other conventions are longer than a day.

It's not, I mentioned this in the podcast myself but I'll expand. The most major convention in the UK is Amecon, hosted at the University of Leicester. The registration fee is £40 for a three-day pass. Runescape is held in the middle of London (which London is not visitor-friendly) and will costs £75 for one day. This translates to over a hundred dollars, which is considerably more than the entrance fee for a typical american convention, which is roughly $60.

I'm sure the ticket price is as low as they could make it

Something else that we brought up. I think it's their own fault for hosting it in London, where renting the space will be ridiculously expensive. A university campus in a less populous city would have been far cheaper. While more difficult for anyone travelling in the country to attend (London has an airport; the aforementioned Leicester university does not) if someone is dedicated enough to fly into the country for a single-day event then the additional travel time is hardly a deal-breaker.

RuneFest will not make Jagex money and I believe it is done for the fans of the game to have some fun away from their computer screens. So if you can't afford it, oh well, you can make it the next time they do it, save your pennies. At least you all in England don't have to worry about transcontinental airline tickets!

We don't have a problem with them hosting a convention. We have a problem with them hosting an overpriced convention that excludes their main playerbase (people under 18, whether Jagex likes to admit it or not) and does very little to attract attendance.

Now if this was too direct of criticism, I do apologize, but it was bothering me and I had to say something. Think of it this way before you all come down on me: If your show is generating a "buzz" at least it's better than no buzz at all! Keep it up guys and have fun.

In media there is no such thing as bad publicity. We do appreciate your feedback though; as I said earlier it's more important to know what we're doing wrong than what we're doing right.

Posted Image

#20 TheJaizin

TheJaizin

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hey guys, great responses! You guys are all right. I do admit I was being a little touchy about the whole "poke at those Yanks" comments but it just seems that the US is getting hated on by, well, the rest of the world. We are not all crazy liberals or fundamentalists; there are a lot of people in the US who are just as fed up with our government (BOTH parties) as the rest of the world. Hopefully we can gradually change the world's opinion on us but it's gonna be awhile I guess. I also admit I didn't research the costs of most conventions and I just assumed that they were comparable with RuneFest. You make valid points about the decisions that Jagex has made in hosting the convention and they need to take the criticisms of the event and fix them for the next one they do, IF they do another one. I like the idea of a RuneScape convention but it should not be financially out of reach for its fan base!

Anyways, I posted that before I had listened to the whole podcast and I have both a suggestion and a comment. The suggestion relates to the sound quality. I listen to a lot of audio podcasts and they are always striving to improve their, as they put it, production values. I think there are many podcasts available that can help you improve yours. That community is always willing to help other podcasters with advice on the equipment and software you might need to get a truly great sound quality. The comment is about one of the voices on the podcast. I'm not sure who it was but it sounded like you had just had a tooth pulled or were talking with a mouthful of marbles! Anyways, I know podcasting isn't easy and takes a lot of time to do, so good luck on your future podcasts and keep on improving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: