Barbarian Fishing Guide - By Digitize♫

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

You are the reason; I don't believe!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

Barbarian Fishing Guide
Even Faster Fishing Experience than Fly Fishing!

By: Digitize♫

Contents
A character (Digitize422) Barbarian Fishing.
Posted Image

1.0 [ Introduction ]
Hello there all of you fishers. Have you spent days in Shilo Village Fly fishing, banking all of those pesky Salmon and Trout? Well now I have a better way to get your Fishing up, along with some Agility and Strength experience thrown around in there. Barbarian Fishing, which can be done by the Whirlpool south of the Barbarian Outpost. With very few items required, and not that many skills needed, this is a very nice way to get your Fishing, Agility, and Strength up. The only downside to this method is the lack of profits. Unless you wish to sacrifice speed for money, you won't be making any money.

In short, you will be fishing, and dropping said fish. Yes, you could do it with any fish, but you get fish at a much faster rate here compared to Fly Fishing.

This method can also be used to get some nice Cooking experience by using a knife on the fish, although it slows you down, so unless you want the extra experience, just stick to dropping them.

======================

2.0 [ Requirements and Recommendations ]

Like I said, there aren't that many things you are going to need before you can get started. But here is a list of what you will need before you begin.

Skill_Requirements

The reason it's needed

48 Fishing

Needed to fish the lowest level fish (Leaping Trout).

15 Strength

15 Agility

Skill_Recommendations

The reason it's helpful

58/70 Fishing

58 fishing is useful because you can catch Leaping Salmon, and the same for 70, except you can catch Leaping Sturgeons.

30/45 Strength

30 Strength is useful because you can catch Leaping Salmon, and the same for 45, except you can catch Leaping Sturgeons.

30/45 Agility

30 Agility is useful because you can catch Leaping Salmons, and the same for 45, except you can catch Leaping Sturgeons.

16/56/74 Summoning

Each of the levels allow you to summon a familiar which will give you an invisible boost to your Fishing level. 16 is for the Granite Crab (+1 boost), 56 is for the Ibis (+3 boost), and 74 is for the Granite Lobster (+4 boost).

Item_Requirements

The reason it's needed

Barbarian Fishing Rod

This is needed to catch the fish. It is the only rod that will work here. You can get one by searching the bed in Otto Godblessed's shack.

Fishing Bait or Feathers

These are needed as starting bait, You can get more as you fish, but you will want to start out with Bait or Feathers.

Item_Recommendations

The reason it's helpful

Knife

This is useful because it allows you to cut the fish open (giving a small amount of cooking experience), and giving you a chance of getting some Roe or Caviar, which can be used as bait.

Games Necklace

This is useful for teleporting to the Barbarian Outpost, which is the quickest way to get to the fishing spot.

=========================

3.0 [ Preparations ]

Ok, before you begin, you need to complete a very simple task assigned by Otto Godblessed. Talk to him and ask him to train you in the ways of Barbarian Fishing. He will instruct you to get the rod from under his bed. This is as far as you need to go to begin your training.

Now that you have the rod, simply get the items on the list below:
  • Posted Image Barbarian Fishing Rod
  • Posted Image Posted Image Fishing Bait or Feathers
  • Posted Image Games Necklace
  • Posted Image Knife (optional)

Once you have all of those, simply follow the steps below to get to where you need to go and begin Fishing:

Step 1.
Get everything ready at your bank of choice.
Posted Image
Step 2.
Use your Games Necklace to teleport to the Barbarian Outpost.
Posted Image
Step 3.
Run south until you find the Fishing Spots.
Posted Image

4.0 [ Training ]

Now that you know what skills you should have, and what items you need to have, you are ready to begin.

Method 1 - Fastest Experience
Needs: Barbarian Rod and Bait/Feathers

The process is very simple to get a very nice amount of experience per hour. Simply fish the spot until you have at least 2 fish. Then drop one, and click on the fishing spot really quick. Once you get another one, drop the other fish you had, and simply repeat. I will post a video after I get the guide up and going. This doesn't give you any profit, but it gives the best experience per hour of any fishing method available.

Method 2 - Less bait needed to start
Needs: Barbarian Rod, 25-30 Bait/Feathers, and a Knife

This method is very easy, and it doesn't really require you to have that much bait to start with, but it does require you to bring a knife. About 25-30 should do. Simply fish a whole inventory of fish, then use your knife on the fish and choose to gut them all. You should now have a nice amount of Roe and/or Caviar. This is very nice because both of those can be used as bait, so essentially, you have an endless supply of bait. Cutting the fish can also give Fish Offcuts which can also be used as bait, but are better to be dropped unless you didn't get that many Roe/Caviar. This method is slightly slower than the first one, but it saves you money as you don't need to have that much bait to start with.

5.0 [ Experience Rates ]

Type of Fish:

Leaping Trout

Leaping Salmon

Leaping Sturgeon

Fishing Exp:

50 per fish

70 per fish

80 per fish

Strength Exp:

5 per fish

6 per fish

7 per fish

Agility Exp:

5 per fish

6 per fish

7 per fish

Cooking Exp:*

10 per fish

10 per fish

15 per fish

* You get cooking experience by using a knife on the fish. If you are successful, you will get the cooking experience as well as some Roe (from Trout and Salmon), or Caviar (from Sturgeons).

Here is a chart that I did which shows how much experience I got per hour with the methods above:
Posted Image

6.0 [ Useful Familiars ]

There are a couple of Familiars that will help increase your experience per hour, as well as give you some more profit, depending on what familiar you pick.

Posted Image
Granite Crab
This will give you an invisible boost of +1 to your fishing level while it is out.
Posted Image
Ibis
This will give you an invisible boost of +3 to your fishing level while it is out. It will also forage Tuna and Swordfish for you, which will give you at least some profit.
Posted Image
Granite Lobster
This will give you an invisible boost of +4 to your fishing level while it is out. It will also forage Swordfish and Sharks for you, which will give you at least some profit.

7.0 [ Frequently Asked Questions ]

Q: Can I do this at level 3?

A:
Sadly for all you skillers our there, no. You need to have 15 Strength, and you gain experience for every fish you catch.

Q: What should I do with the Roe/Caviar?

A:
You can do one of five things with it.

1. Use it as bait.
2. Drop it.
3. Bank it (the closest bank is at the Barbarian Outpost).
4. Eat it.
5. Put it in some two-dose potions to get some Herblore exp (I would recommend banking it though and doing that part later).

8.0 [ Credits ]

Digitize♫: Wrote the guide, and where some pictures came from.
RS Wiki: Images of some items.

Edited by Digitize♫, 21 January 2011 - 11:24 AM.

#2 Keddy

Keddy

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:50 AM

Actually, you can use roe and caviar to fish more fish. Drop the fish off-cuts and fish using the roe/caviar. Dropping 1 item is faster than an inventory :thumbsup:

#3 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

method #1 needs a vid. i know how to do it. im sure someone doesnt get it. and im sure yt has videos of it.

i also wanna see some pics of you fishing.

also, i think you should include a "method #3". it gives faster fishing and even magic xp but costs alot.
as most of us know high alch now is a queue(or whatever the spelling is) spell so as soon as you get a fish, you alch it. then he will continue to fish after the spell is done (i think. if it doesnt, you can still click the fishing spot)

a vid off all 3 would be even better
Posted Image

#4 Maxman

Maxman

I Know You

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

Fantastic guide! I love your layout! The only constructive criticism I can give you is if you can make a money making table that shows the profit you can make per hour. That helps a lot in guides, in case members want to make a profit through fishing. :thumbsup:
Retired from RuneScape | 99 Cooking | 99 Fletching | 99 Fishing | Quest cape
Posted Image- Feel free to PM Me
- Retired Zybez RS Database/Maintenance Crew
- Ex-CL of Guides
- Ex-CL of General Discussion

#5 Ed Pro

Ed Pro

Ed Tar

• RS Name:Ed tar

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

View PostKeddy, on 09 May 2010 - 01:50 AM, said:

Actually, you can use roe and caviar to fish more fish. Drop the fish off-cuts and fish using the roe/caviar. Dropping 1 item is faster than an inventory :#

^ this, and the place is commonly used by obsidian maulers who don't want any Constitution experience.

Posted Image

#6 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

Actually, you can use roe and caviar to fish more fish. Drop the fish off-cuts and fish using the roe/caviar. Dropping 1 item is faster than an inventory :thumbsup:
I added this. :p

View PostChristley, on 09 May 2010 - 12:25 PM, said:

method #1 needs a vid. i know how to do it. im sure someone doesnt get it. and im sure yt has videos of it.

i also wanna see some pics of you fishing.

also, i think you should include a "method #3". it gives faster fishing and even magic xp but costs alot.
as most of us know high alch now is a queue(or whatever the spelling is) spell so as soon as you get a fish, you alch it. then he will continue to fish after the spell is done (i think. if it doesnt, you can still click the fishing spot)

a vid off all 3 would be even better
I will be getting a video sometime, I just don't know when.

View PostMaxman, on 12 May 2010 - 09:00 PM, said:

Fantastic guide! I love your layout! The only constructive criticism I can give you is if you can make a money making table that shows the profit you can make per hour. That helps a lot in guides, in case members want to make a profit through fishing. :wink:
Thanks Max.
I might work on a profit-per-hour table, but unless you were really after the money, it wouldn't be worth it since it would take a while to bank the Roe/Caviar.

View PostMetal Heart, on 15 May 2010 - 12:07 PM, said:

^ this, and the place is commonly used by obsidian maulers who don't want any Constitution experience.
As I said, I added that they can be used as bait, and that is a good point, I will add that in there as well. :huh:

#7 Obby Mauler Fanatic

Obby Mauler Fanatic

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

Hello there, I would like to know if level 60 fishing would yield good exp for Barbarian Fishing?

#8 Bill

Bill

Wont matter in 10 years...

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

Very detailed, I like it.I have a simple question though.What level would this be most applicable for?or likeWhat level is it recommended to start.

#9 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

Welcome to General Guides, Digitize.  Congratulations :innocent:

-Teddy
Posted Image

#10 Barak O Drama

Barak O Drama

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:57 AM

View PostBill, on 07 June 2010 - 06:29 PM, said:

Very detailed, I like it.I have a simple question though.What level would this be most applicable for?or likeWhat level is it recommended to start.
Any level is fine tbh I started at 15 strength and 48 fishing w/10hp and  now
I'm at 95 fishing and 71 strength still w/ 10hp so it really doesn't matter.
Btw great guide barb fishing is very fun meet alot of people and fast fish/str/agile xp as well.

#11 Normulus

Normulus

• RS Name:Normulus

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:07 AM

After 20 minutes I earned 21586 xp x 3 = ~65k xp an hour. The thing is, should I actually use the Ibis? Fishing level 91 btw

#12 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

View PostNormulus, on 23 November 2010 - 02:07 AM, said:

After 20 minutes I earned 21586 xp x 3 = ~65k xp an hour. The thing is, should I actually use the Ibis? Fishing level 91 btw
The Ibis would be helpful with the invisible boost, but if you are still managing 65k an hour then I would say you would be fine without it. :)

#13 SnaptiK

SnaptiK

you won't ever fly fast enough to make time stand still.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

65k xp/hr aye. Will look into this. Currently getting 80-90 fishing  :#

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: