• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 notyalb

notyalb

• RS Name:blayton5
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:none

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

I am trying to get 70 prayer for piety but i can't find a good way to get there without spending to much money :/ any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just looking for either the fastest ways or cheapest ways?

Edited by notyalb, 27 April 2010 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Meep M

Meep M

• RS Name:Meep M

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

weeeell best and low cost dont really fit to well together... you could try using the ectofunctus instead of a gilded altar as it actually gives more xp per bone but is waaay slower

meepmeep 99 atk 99 str 99 def 99 mage 99 fm 99 fletch 99 range 99 agile 99 smith 99 dung 99 sum 99 thiev 99 hp 99 cook 99 meep meep

#3 iReap

iReap

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

A middle of the road approach would be to use Big Bones an a Gilded Altar. It is slower but cheaper.

iReap
Posted Image

#4 G.Man

G.Man

Hard work never killed any1, but why give it a chance.

• RS Name:I want
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:cookies

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

View PostMeep Man, on 27 April 2010 - 05:46 PM, said:

weeeell best and low cost dont really fit to well together... you could try using the ectofunctus instead of a gilded altar as it actually gives more xp per bone but is waaay slower

• This is basically what everyone will tell you tbh. Run with terror bird and inf run (duno if you can so check if possible) as it will speed up the prossese of gathering buckets of slime 3 faster  Posted Image
  • Gather d bones your self
Soulwars (long but free and you can train other melle stats why you do it)  ^_^  Well tbh thats only ways to do cheep. Gather supplies yourself, echofunctus (+free)

Edited by G.Man, 27 April 2010 - 06:01 PM.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Posted Image

#5 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

• RS Name:Submersion
  • Clan:None

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

Dragon Bones on a Gilded Altar would give you the most efficient Prayer training. And before you start thinking: "Dragon Bones cost a lot, wouldn't it be way better to collect them myself/do SW?", know this -

1. Unless collecting Dragon Bones is the most profitable use of your money, it is not the most efficient.
2. SW is junky experience, do NOT use it.

Edited by AGS Lover, 27 April 2010 - 06:08 PM.

#6 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

View PostiReap, on 27 April 2010 - 05:56 PM, said:

A middle of the road approach would be to use Big Bones an a Gilded Altar. It is slower but cheaper.

iReap
That's what I did.  Didn't take too long and didn't cost too much.

Posted Image

#7 rune ownz

rune ownz

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:40 AM

Well my reply is to both the best prayer exp and the cheapest way. With brawler gloves (prayer) for the method to use is to use ourg bones on a Gilded Altar with both Incense Burners lit. This gives 980 xp per ourg bone, which adds up to 1,249,500 xp per pair of gloves because each glove lasts 1275 bones each they are dropped in pvp they are hard to get but that is the fastest way if you have them.

But if you want prayer cheaply just get the bone crusher as a reward from dungeonerring and go do slayer or killing monsters, then whenever the monster drops a bone it is automaticaly gone and turned into prayer exp.

Edited by rune ownz, 28 April 2010 - 03:46 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Glacors

Glacors

• RS Name:Glacors

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:15 AM

View Postrune ownz, on 28 April 2010 - 03:40 AM, said:

But if you want prayer cheaply just get the bone crusher as a reward from dungeonerring and go do slayer or killing monsters, then whenever the monster drops a bone it is automaticaly gone and turned into prayer exp.
I currently have a theory that camping chickens with a bonecrusher would be okayish XP. :#

Maxed except DG (106), Slayer (86, I HATE!), Farm (86) and Con (96). Currently building bank!
My threads: 4 visages/3 days

#9 Medo

Medo

• RS Name:Medo Z G

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:28 AM

View Postfroobz, on 28 April 2010 - 04:15 AM, said:

View Postrune ownz, on 28 April 2010 - 03:40 AM, said:

I currently have a theory that camping chickens with a bonecrusher would be okayish XP. :#
If you want to get 30k pray exp/h from that method,you would have to kill 6.6k chickens in hour and that would result in 80k melee exp in hour and that isn't posible at chickens,you can MAYBE get 30-40k exp/h but that would be around 10k pray exp/h.
Unless my math is bad,don't do chickens!
Posted Image

Mamiću odlazi!

#10 Henk_

Henk_

• RS Name:I-Ienk

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

Dragon bones might be expensive but if you use them on a gilded altar you can get 270 xp / bone.
That's about 350K exp / hour.

#11 Naded

Naded

I Love G.I.F

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:24 AM

Pretty much do soul wars, buy big bones or gather your own D Bones.

Myspace
Aim : Pink Can Fly
RS Name : Naded
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
| Girls Really | Ru N | Rune Scape | < 3 |

#12 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

View PostAGS Lover, on 27 April 2010 - 06:04 PM, said:

Well actually, if you have access to one of those '9 zeal per hour' clans, this is not 'junky' experience at all, as you gain prayer experience For Free plus you gain combat experience. And you do not need to waste time picking up drops or something, you can just go all out against your foe! Assuming you are level 70 Prayer, you spend around 11-12 hours for 237600 xp. Sure, this is very slow, but keep in mind that it is totally free.

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#13 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

• RS Name:Submersion

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

View PostThe duck, on 28 April 2010 - 08:33 AM, said:

Well actually, if you have access to one of those '9 zeal per hour' clans, this is not 'junky' experience at all, as you gain prayer experience For Free plus you gain combat experience. And you do not need to waste time picking up drops or something, you can just go all out against your foe! Assuming you are level 70 Prayer, you spend around 11-12 hours for 237600 xp. Sure, this is very slow, but keep in mind that it is totally free.
You are being inefficient, please stop :# The fact is that the money saved isn't enough to cover for the extra time spent using this method. Following up with your example, a player would need to make only 350,946 gp/hour to match the xp/hour of SW (based on the table on this page using current prices). Now tell me, do most players with Level 70 Prayer make less than 350K profit/hour?

#14 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

View PostAGS Lover, on 28 April 2010 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostThe duck, on 28 April 2010 - 08:33 AM, said:

You are being inefficient, please stop http://forums.zybez.net/public/style_emo... The fact is that the money saved isn't enough to cover for the extra time spent using this method. Following up with your example, a player would need to make only 350,946 gp/hour to match the xp/hour of SW (based on the table on this page using current prices). Now tell me, do most players with Level 70 Prayer make less than 350K profit/hour?
Inefficient? Depends on how much are you willing to grind!:#
Unless you do the common grinding big money methods, you usually do not make 350k profit/hour.
Keep in mind that using Soul Wars is most of the times generally less repetive than the big money methods, something which some do appreciate.

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: