• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Noshotskill

Noshotskill

• RS Name:Shunsui_K
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:none

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:02 AM

I'd quit, just because that means the many days of Runescape I've played would be for nothing. Being a longer serving player I've seen the changes that made this game go from a game with very few people with 99s, to a game with hundreds of thousands of accounts with 99s. Resetting the high scores would accomplish nothing, and Jagex would only loose thousands of dollars.

However Jagex could make a new high scores and create a prestige mode. Which resetts all your skills back to level 1 at your request. That would make for a a new race to 99 for players who want that. While at the same time, it doesn't ruin the accomplishments for people who don't want to prestige.

Edited by Noshotskill, 19 April 2010 - 05:03 AM.

#62 Wyatt Family

Wyatt Family

• RS Name:Wyatt Family

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:21 AM

Hell no rofl.

I play this game for fun and after over six years of playing if my accounts stats were all reset I just wouldn't bother. If I want to play a account from scratch I just create a new account. Ruining my nearly six and a half years work would make me rage. If people now are all about gaining ranks, a total reset would have whoever is left in the game no lifing to get rank #1

I worked hard for my current crapty stats, i don't want to work another six and a half years (I wouldn't even bother actually) to get back to where i am now.

#63 Oo2k5

Oo2k5

• RS Name:Oo2k5
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

So basically what your asking is reset the highscore and start racing for rank 1 all over again? Wtf...Isn't that what we are doing right now? Getting rank 1 in every skill by getting 200m exp... By reseting the highscore we basically letting new players have their own way. Which is dumb, people have worked so hard for it. You know how long it takes to get 200m like 2 years+. By doing this we wasted 5+ years for nothing. You should reread what you just wrote and think about it. This is just a dumb idea.

Posted Image

#64 H4v3 4t J000

H4v3 4t J000

• RS Name:H4v3 4t J00

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

I wouldn't enjoy a full reset, not in the slightest bit. Sure, my skills are crappy, but they keep me playing. And I would quit if I were to have 6 years of my life gone within a minute, and I'm sure many people here would do the same without hesitation. Jagex has made bad updates, good updates, and okay updates. But if this were to happen, this would be like 2012 for Runescape.
Posted Image
Come visit my Runescape Classic G&A! One of if not the only current RSC G&A's around. http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1379742-my-runescape-classic-ga/

#65 Exo Shock

Exo Shock

Pyromaniac

• RS Name:Exo Shock

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

View PostH4v3 4t J000, on 20 April 2010 - 06:54 PM, said:

I wouldn't enjoy a full reset, not in the slightest bit. Sure, my skills are crappy, but they keep me playing. And I would quit if I were to have 6 years of my life gone within a minute, and I'm sure many people here would do the same without hesitation. Jagex has made bad updates, good updates, and okay updates. But if this were to happen, this would be like 2012 for Runescape.

I completely agree with this. I may not have any skills above 70, but it doesn't matter. And RS isn't one of those games in which you can get bored. There's hundreds of things to do. May I ask the OP, do you all 99s, do you have a Dark Bow, Party hats, Santa or even millions of gp? (I'm talking over 200m gp.) Most likely you might have one or even some of those, but not all. And that's why RS will never get boring. Because you're always on a quest to accomplish something, whether it's get one of those items or get 200m exp. When dung came out, it was an equal playing field for all. 200m exp is nothing when 13m exp achieves the same thing. The only thing is that 200m exp gives you a high score rank. For you, you need to wake up and realize that you don't play by yourself. People have dedicated hundreds of dollars in order to get to where they are, think cooking. If you're not willing to spend $5 then you don't deserve to be on the high scores. The fact of life is that you have to work hard to earn it.

#66 phatsplox

phatsplox

• RS Name:i robotrip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:29 AM

I like this idea, But i also agree with the dude who said "Make a new account". The only downside. If they did do this. They would probly release rares and everything. And now that we all know they would be hella expencive. No one would sell or trade them thus making the rare market suck...

#67 Mickey

Mickey

Defender of Common Sense

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:12 AM

I'm pretty sure 99% of the players would quit if that happened. Alot of people got their 99s back when they were actually hard to get, when they meant something, and when you actually had to figure out most of it yourself. The fastest ways to 99 in most stats have been found, and almost everyone knows them. It'd be unfair for some no life kid to steal the glory of the players that had to work to get #1.

Edited by Mickey, 24 April 2010 - 11:31 AM.

Retired

Posted Image

[My Profile]

#68 ToastedAllDayEveryDay

ToastedAllDayEveryDay

• RS Name:Chaotic1337
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

I'm only writing this in bold so that it is payed attention to.:) Anyway I would support a FULL Runescape reset so not just high scores, not just items or gold, but reset it so that there wasn't a single account that existed to make for some original names again.I could see not reseting names though because day 1 the server would crash hardcore XD.But the rest stands I would be so ok with this because besides this I have been playing Diablo II for years and the ladder(high scores) on there resets every so often and its absolutely the funnest time ever to play that game.So runescape reset would be amazing because the high scores would be an all out battle to see who made top dog and it wouldn't stop for a LONG time, because the runescape community is so large that the amount of people competing for their spot on the high scores would never stop at that point.And then somewhere down the road when there is an entire page of people with ALLLL 99 skills except for the brand new one that came out a week ago and the guy only has 88.....(<---can u believe what you just read?XD) they could reset the high scores again, and just repeat process when the same thing happens again and again on down the line.Honestly if anyone from Jagex is reading this by some random chance a complete reset could be spark for the masses to make member accounts ;) who knows?Anyway this is my standpoint on the matter of a reset.

I Give The Idea 3 Thumbs Up!1!!;)

EDIT:: On Diablo II there are ladder and non-ladder characters. The characters on Ladder are the fresh newer chars that have been made on the new ladder season. witch leaves the non-ladder people the people who want to keep playing their characters that aren't on the ladder or "high scores" anymore because of the reset and still have all their items and stats/skills. It's a great idea and makes for great fun every time and it's never made anyone quit before because they can still play their character all they want.

Edited by ToastedAllDayEveryDay, 25 April 2010 - 01:07 AM.

#69 Arno

Arno

Oh hi

• Clan:Druidz

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

I really can't grasp the fact that you don't understand how resetting the hi-scores is completely pointless. :whistle: This is mainly directed at the poster above me: how is resetting the game every odd couple of weeks at all useful? So people can see their work get annihilated over and over again? You don't simply wipe the slate clean every time you make a booboo in life.

"Hey look at that one guy, he's dominating the hi-scores! bastard! Let's delete all the hi-scores and reset everything everyone ever worked for! yeah, great idea!".

-[Head of the CMP]-

-[Retired since 2012]-
-[Voted Poster of 2009]-
-[Voted Best Debater of 2010]-

-[Ex-Pictures | GFX | General Discussion Leader]-

#70 Earl

Earl

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

people have put in years of effort into this game. a reset would wipe away all of their work, and make those years of their life a complete waste. i dont think it should be reset just so some people can "catch up" to the top players. it's not as easy as it sounds, anyways.
Posted Image

#71 Locke

Locke

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

Perhaps, halfway through a marathon, the runners should be brought back to the starting line. After all, some may have such a large lead that it would be nearly impossible for the runners in the back of the pack to reach the front. But, alas, that is not how many things work. A reset, a wipe, a rollback, whatever you may call it, would be nothing more than a short appeasment to those who feel depressed that the ladder to the top is much to high for any life-sustaining creature to attain. However, such is the nature of multiplayer games that allow for competition among players.

(Locke)

The end of law is not to abolish or restrain, but to preserve and enlarge freedom. For in all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom

#72 Exo Shock

Exo Shock

Pyromaniac

• RS Name:Exo Shock

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

View PostLocke, on 25 April 2010 - 10:26 AM, said:

Perhaps, halfway through a marathon, the runners should be brought back to the starting line. After all, some may have such a large lead that it would be nearly impossible for the runners in the back of the pack to reach the front. But, alas, that is not how many things work. A reset, a wipe, a rollback, whatever you may call it, would be nothing more than a short appeasment to those who feel depressed that the ladder to the top is much to high for any life-sustaining creature to attain. However, such is the nature of multiplayer games that allow for competition among players.

(Locke)

I agree with this and a few other statements above. To add onto what I said before, no one so far has gotten 200m exp in every skill, considering it takes A LOT of time to reach 99. Once a person has gotten 200m exp in every skill, then this, reset, might even CONSIDERED to be looked at. As of now, there's really no point, because no one has reached 200m exp in every skill.

#73 ToastedAllDayEveryDay

ToastedAllDayEveryDay

• RS Name:Chaotic1337

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

Look.... I'm going to put this the easiest way that I can... Why would anyone benefit from a full reset? It would clear all the inactive players that litter the high scores, and that's just for starters, It would attract a whole new mass of people who wanted to stake their claim on the high scores of runescape. Since you all seem to have forgotten how to read, in my earlier post I stated that on Diablo II there is a Ladder and a Non-Ladder so if you want to keep on playing that character that has nothing but level 99 skills you go right on ahead... But the rest of us that would love a clean slate could make a new character and battle to the top. This is for the genius above that said wait until someone has 200 mil in every skill why would you want that? Whoever takes the time to have 200 mil in EVERY skill needs to be banned from runescape so that they may find a job a girlfriend and a house/apartment other than their mother's basement......

I personally think it would only be fair to the thousands of people starting runescape for the first time that everyone has to start with the same rules/updates i.e. The new outlook on PvP and the new trade system. ALSO how many of these people on this high scores that you all want to defend so bad have gotten their by using Bots/Powerlevers/Buying their way to the top? a full reset would give Jagex a chance to set new barriers against these macro systems and people abusing runescape rules

I'm probably going to leave it at this because I would rather not start a flame war between me and the people in between my posts that have stated directly against me

#74 Locke

Locke

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

View PostToastedAllDayEveryDay, on 25 April 2010 - 12:14 PM, said:

Look.... I'm going to put this the easiest way that I can... Why would anyone benefit from a full reset? It would clear all the inactive players that litter the high scores,
To clarify, is there currently any way to check if players are inactive, such as a "last logged on" type of button? Having seen nothing of the sort, I would then say it is impossible for you to determine who is playing and who isn't.

(Locke)

Edited by Locke, 25 April 2010 - 12:55 PM.

The end of law is not to abolish or restrain, but to preserve and enlarge freedom. For in all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom

#75 Chris antos

Chris antos

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

If people want to start again, they can create a new account, there'd be too many losses of membership for jagex to even consider doing this.

PROUD DIVINE FORCES Since November 30th 2009
Currently Active
Proud EX Member Of Shadow Elves. June 08 -September 09.
Shadow Elf Since June 30th.

Posted Image

www.rs-df.com/forums

PROUD DF SPARTAN

#76 Musica

Musica

We did it for the glory.

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

RuneScape was only fun when we were noobs, the low skill level does not contribute to that. The first month will always be the best, getting lost from Lumbridge to Falador, and dying to Goblins. Good times. Also, you would have destroyed Gertjaars life, and most of us would probably just bot back to 99 and go back to the same old routine.

@ToastedAllDayEveryDay,
Diablo 2 was a great game, but the ladder resets sucked balls. No one likes paying out the crap for ladder runewords on non-ladder.

Edited by Musica, 25 April 2010 - 01:26 PM.

Kill one man, murderer.
            Kill millions, conqueror.
                             Kill them all, god.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Click any image to go to my G&A thread.

#77 Gryph

Gryph

• RS Name:Lord Gryphie

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

One of the main "issues" (debatable depending on how you consider leveling up) in Runescape is that leveling up is based on how much time you spend rather than skill - essentially, it's quantity over quality.  The only thing that would be achieved by completely wiping everyone's levels would be restarting a competition for "who can stay logged in for the longest".  Sure, there are some skill aspects, albeit that those are rare, but in essence it's just seeing who can endure repetitive clicking for the longest and who runs out of coffee last.

That said, a completely new player standing a chance at high overall ranking is a near impossibility as it currently stands, and I think that something should be done about that despite this not being the ideal solution.
Posted Image

#78 Arno

Arno

Oh hi

• Clan:Druidz

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

View PostToastedAllDayEveryDay, on 25 April 2010 - 12:14 PM, said:

Look.... I'm going to put this the easiest way that I can... Why would anyone benefit from a full reset? It would clear all the inactive players that litter the high scores, and that's just for starters, It would attract a whole new mass of people who wanted to stake their claim on the high scores of runescape. Since you all seem to have forgotten how to read, in my earlier post I stated that on Diablo II there is a Ladder and a Non-Ladder so if you want to keep on playing that character that has nothing but level 99 skills you go right on ahead... But the rest of us that would love a clean slate could make a new character and battle to the top. This is for the genius above that said wait until someone has 200 mil in every skill why would you want that? Whoever takes the time to have 200 mil in EVERY skill needs to be banned from runescape so that they may find a job a girlfriend and a house/apartment other than their mother's basement......

I personally think it would only be fair to the thousands of people starting runescape for the first time that everyone has to start with the same rules/updates i.e. The new outlook on PvP and the new trade system. ALSO how many of these people on this high scores that you all want to defend so bad have gotten their by using Bots/Powerlevers/Buying their way to the top? a full reset would give Jagex a chance to set new barriers against these macro systems and people abusing runescape rules

I'm probably going to leave it at this because I would rather not start a flame war between me and the people in between my posts that have stated directly against me

Ignoring your passive aggression towards people who don't share your opinion, I can only repeat what I've said earlier: wiping the slate clean does not work. You're talking about a niche of people who want a fresh chance at being beat all over again by people with more time to waste. Also, "new players" should not be considered. Every week you have a fresh batch of new players, who will have no knowledge of this "reset" and will complain just like you are.

-[Head of the CMP]-

-[Retired since 2012]-
-[Voted Poster of 2009]-
-[Voted Best Debater of 2010]-

-[Ex-Pictures | GFX | General Discussion Leader]-

#79 Guillaume M

Guillaume M

• RS Name:Usurpation
  • Clan:None

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

I, myself, wouldn't really enjoy that. Why? I think it's because I'm just an average RuneScape player and that I do not grind to be the best RuneScape player. On the other side, I could understand that some players are highly competitive and play huge amounts of time to be ranked higher in the hiscores.

I wouldn't be against the idea as long as it doesn't affect me and reset all my skills to 1.

Edited by Guillaume M, 27 April 2010 - 06:04 PM.

Posted Image

#80 Dnovelta

Dnovelta

Dnovelta

• RS Name:Dnovelta

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'd quit playing instantly. I play to have fun, and what I find fun is killing the big NPCs, like the Corporeal Beast, GWD, DKs, TDs and the like. Currently, I log in maybe once or twice a week depending on work load and the only thing I do is maybe a quick TD run and check my kingdom, then that's it. I don't do much else because I don't have the time, and if things were reset, I wouldn't have the time to get back to where I am now.Do I think it would be that damaging? Yes, I do. I won't say that the beginning of the game is fun, because it is. But the fact that I'd have spent so much time getting to where I am now, to just have it taken away would just instantly turn me away, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that opinion. I didn't get the stats I have, and the items I have on a whim. I worked for them with the intent that I'd keep them, and be able to do the things I want with them, not have to re-attain them because to many people had them.The solution to "unclogging" the high leveled areas is not to make everyone low leveled again, it's to introduce areas where only the elite can go. As it stands, if you're 93+ Slayer you get access to the best of the best, at which point you're "elite" in terms of what the skill has to offer. If however there was something that only people that had maxed the skill (not 200M, just 99) had access to, the 93+ areas would be less crowded and the distribution would even out a little more.There is so much space in the game that within each "elite" area there could be subsections which would require players being "elite" in multiple areas. This sort of diversification would lighten the load in the currently crowded "elite" areas.And even if all you're after is a race to #1, nobody is stopping you but yourself. When the new skill came out everyone started off with a clean slate. You said after a few days you couldn't keep up, and that's with a clean slate. What's to say you won't be able to keep up with your version of a clean slate? The only thing holding you back from achieving your goals is yourself.No idea what happened to the formatting of this post...

Edited by Dnovelta, 27 April 2010 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: