We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Failures

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#41 Caek

Caek

• RS Name:Caekk
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Uprising

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:17 AM

Just an hour ago, I was attempting all the quests ive started but not finished, this included Contact!
So I geared up, got some decent stuff to wear went, I decided to take the catacombes route and guess what, I lagged like mad and lost 2.3m :(
And now Ive only got like 7m :(

#42 I love MSG

I love MSG

• RS Name:I love MSG
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:37 AM

I was pking in void in edgeville the other day. i went to the ditch to do something like get on aim or something like that, i cant remember.
anyway i logged out, and logged back in my home world, dead, in edgeville, with nothing.
still dont know how it happened but gf dbow fury full void

then i was on my tanker and got pulled into a random in pvp world while poisoned at 140 hp, frantically trying to get out, and the last 66 hits.

gf void2 + ranger ammy / ranger ring / 2 hand cannons / 600 hand cannon shots.

i guess the biggest fail ever was this kid told me hed sell me a santa for 15m (was about 21m at the time) i thought he had just come back from a break so i said ok and he said hed take 2k sharks with it since i couldnt sell them. he was at the wilderness line alching, and when i went to trade him he ran into the wilderness so when i clicked accept it followed him, i was barraged and dds'd for 15m.
inb4 ditch ect. old rs ftw.
follow me on twitter - plaid_anarchist
always looking for dagganoth kings, godwars, barrows, ANYTHING fun to do, and just friends for good discussion.

#43 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

Man, it's good to be back!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:50 AM

My biggest fail was a few years ago. I had managed to save up around 1M, and was hoping to try and buy a whip sometime (they were about 7M at the time). I was walking along, and got a PM from someone asking me if I wanted to buy a whip for real cheap (just around 1M). So me, being all excited about getting my whip for so cheap, said yes, and asked him where we should meet. He told me North of Varrock, so I was like, ok. I walked up to the bar north of Varrock, and saw him standing north of the place. I go up to him, and he trades me, then runs in to the wild. I accept, and run in after him. Burst/DDS for all my money.

Thankfully my good friend gave me 400k to help me out.

#44 Boot

Boot

The one and only

• RS Name:Il Boot Il
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

Biggest Failure? I would say letting my friend stephen talk me into playing this game 8 years ago.

Posted Image

#45 Raging_

Raging_

• RS Name:Raging
  • Clan:EoP

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:47 AM

http://img714.images...0408210359g.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Yeah... Biggest Runescape FML I've ever had.

130 days on that accout, bam failed.
My biggest GP Loss would have to be only about 3m or so, I'm quite smart with my cash and dying I suppose, or just lucky.

#46 Torleif

Torleif

• RS Name:Torleif
  • Clan:Valhalla

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

I must say I never expected this to be a lure, and I was a bit too brave, but ohwell, back to nature altar :DThis wasn't in a +1 world, I lost everything.Posted Imagehttp://img704.images...00205113148.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Torleif

Im4everskilled @ YouTube

Senior member of Valhalla

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/4038/110214020545.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#47 megas_xlr175

megas_xlr175

• RS Name:Megas Xlr175

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

Well, I fell to the "Omg jagex blocks your pass heres mine: ******" scam.

Other than that, nothing really.

Edit: Yeah, creating an account

Edited by megas_xlr175, 15 April 2010 - 03:02 PM.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9411/runeraidersunderfinal1.jpg [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#48 B0aty

B0aty

• RS Name:AimostFamous

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Way to many failures in my time in Runescape lol.

One that could stand out was pking about 2 days before +1 worlds and +0 worlds were released i was pking in rune/neit/AGS and i got claw rushed and went for the quick prays and accidently deactivated all the prayers as he koed me. He got about 400k loot and i got about 550k on my next kill. :'(

#49 Coffee mon

Coffee mon

Leik omg!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

When the transformation from Classic to RS2 came, i had been mining like a nutbag for coal, to buy the awesome DRAGON MEDIUM HELMET ^_^ Worth like 10m that time? I can't be sure how much it was that time. So anyways, when i managed to mine enough coal, i bought my first ever D med. So like 1-2 hours after i bought the D med, some guy came to me in Varrock east bank saying he wants to trade his Hollow reed (Available in Legend's quest, worth 0 gp) to my D med. He said Hollow reed's are worth 50m. I said no and kept doing whatever i was doing. So about 2 mins after that, another guy says that he's buying a Hollow reed for all kinds of rares. Of course me stupid as i am i traded my D med for the Hollow reed. :thumbsup: After that i tried to look for the guy who was buying the Hollow reed, and then i realized that i got SCAMMED. Afterwards someone told me that Hollow reeds are worthless, and you shouldn't trade anything for it.

So yeah, months of coal mining profits gone in 2 hours.. :-) Well, glad today D meds are like 60k haha :-D
Hi :o

#50 LOL Acid

LOL Acid

• RS Name:DROP A C I D

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

Well about a year ago I was ice bursting rock lobster to 99 mage while using swiftkit. I had about 4m worth of runes, ahrims, mages book, etc. I brought up a second IRC client and i set the property to always on top. While setting up auto-identify, the window came up underneath the IRC window. I couldn't click on anything since when the auto-identify window was up. To wrap this up, a rock lobster spawned behind me and continued to attack me until I was dead. It's a horrible thing to know you're about to lose around 7m, and not be able to do anything about it :(.

#51 Fourfold

Fourfold

Four

• RS Name:Fourfold

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

Hmm my biggest failure..

Ahh a few years back, when I was trying to purchase about a few thousand Big Bones to train Prayer with (played as a Free player at the time), I was deceived with the good ol' "Quick switch in Trade Window" scam. Ended up buying a load of regular Bones instead :thumbsup:.
There is a mute person who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing one's teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done. Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses, how should he express himself?

Think you know how?
Spoiler

#52 PvPWithDDS

PvPWithDDS

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:51 AM

Gf my almost maxed pure

Posted Image

First PK Vid >>[
Second PK Vid(Big Risks) >>[
Third PK Vid (Turmoil+Arcane Stream) >>[

#53 Wizardus

Wizardus

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

• RS Name:Wizardus007

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

My biggest loss was probably about ~300k, i was pking in a normal bounty world. I was kinda feelin' brave after getting dh axe drop off some guy, so i went in against a harmless looking ranger. Only problem was, he was a rune c'bow/ d claws hybrid. I got KOed in 2 specs lol. Not much but that's my biggest loss.
I hate people who turn up at football matches, know nothing about it and ruin the game for everyone else.

Bloody referees.

Did you know that if you watch Lord of the Rings backwards, it's a story about a little guy who gets a cool ring from a volcano and spends the next 2 1/2 films walking home.

I can't see the end.

I've got no control and there's no escape. I havn't even got a home anymore.

Definitely time for a new keyboard.

#54 Slam

Slam

Multi-Tasking

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

Time for some of my failures that I can remember from playing :-P

One that sticks out is when the God Wars Dungeon first came out. I brought about 10m in gear to the Zammy boss, but brought a ring of wealth thinking it would save me if it turned out to be a suicide mission. It did indeed turnout to be just that! I got down to about 3 hitpoints and the Ring of life teleported me out. As I started walking to the bank I see the flash of green on the screen and my player fell to the ground. Sure enough, the poison had killed me :-( By the time I got back to where I was, some level 10 kid had gotten my full guthans and a few other things, and then refused to sell them back to me (he didn't even know what they were) :-/ And as a slap in the face, three days later Jagex made the Ring of Life heal your poison if it teleports you out of a situation.

My other fail was waaaay back in the day, probably about 03 or 04. Some level three skiller had a drop party in Varrock W1, and so I thought I'd attend as it would be fun. I ended up being a very fast clicker that day, getting a pumpkin and a blue halloween mask, as well as lots of rune, coal, etc. Now this wasn't a fail by any means. The fail was selling the pumpkin and blue mask for 750k the next day, only to realize a month later I could have made a good 15m off of them. I definitely made some merchant kid wet his pants though :-/

More to come if I remember them. :-/
Posted Image[-Former Achievements Leader-]
[-Former Senior Moderator-]
[-Former Zybez Content Team Member-]
[-Former Zybez DJ-]

The democrats took your birthday cake. They split it up and gave it to those who weren't fortunate enough to have a birthday today.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 isthathenry

isthathenry

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

Dropping my 16mil on my Main account so that I would never come back to play on it again... and then coming back to him today with 100k :(

#56 Paradoxical Enigma

Paradoxical Enigma

Training Range since the Han Dynasty.

• RS Name:Islands44
  • Clan:Clan

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

I've had quite a few failures in my RS life.

There have been the revenant-related losses in the wilderness, the epic failure on Wave 60 of the Fight Caves, and the most recent hacking of my account.

That last one was actually my fault, it's a long story.

Edited by Paradoxical Enigma, 16 April 2010 - 09:10 PM.

[Insert philosophy/epic quote here]

#57 Anti-Troll

Anti-Troll

永远

• RS Name:Drill Sarge

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

I died during Demon Slayer because I forgot the incantation twice. I was in iron or bronze I think and I was about Combat Level 6. I thought my life was over. :-) Luckily I went to work in Lumbridge to get my money back, so all was good.

~Anti-Troll

继续做真实的自己。

Zybez Blogs Team Member

#58 October Sky

October Sky

The Original Tomb Raider

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

I've died plenty of times in F2P, but of course F2P deaths are easy to recover from. Back then your stuff revealed itself in less than a minute, and there are plenty of people waiting to snatch it up at Hill Giants and Moss Giants. But my biggest fails happened between 80-100 cb in P2P.

My highlights: Alched my whip...twice.

EDIT: I now realize that my biggest fail is starting tutorial back in 2005, and then not coming back to it until 2007. Years lost...

Edited by October Sky, 17 April 2010 - 08:53 PM.

#59 Moof

Moof

You're just jealous.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:10 AM

Never having over 150m at one time, due to either spending it on nothing or pking deaths. (lost 2 santas in old wild rambo pking, over 400m in pk (i got screenies so no trolling- check out my posts on screenshots forum, recent thread is me dying for like 100m in that thread lol) but yeah. Pretty fail. But with fail comes epicness, ive also pked tons in pvp so its okay. Ive completed the whole pvp dropset aside from VLS :[ (4 DFS, 5 dfh in old pvp.)

♫♪Quit again, runescape and it's community are dead.♪♫

Moof (Main) 12 99s 138 combat
Comedy (Zerker)
90 attack 95 Strength 95 prayer 99 Range 45 Defence
My 171m PK (Outdated.)
Click here to go to my Pk gallery of over 6Billion GP
Profile Lure

#60 Rulthulu

Rulthulu

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

Well..

in late 2008 i spent 2 months spinning flax so I could by full Dragon (chain and med-helm, before the plate was out), buying it (<

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: