Failures

• Please log in to reply
543 replies to this topic

#1 Atarah

Atarah

A 70s Disco Dancer.

• RS Status:Member

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

We've all been sharing our achievements in this forum for many years, but one thing we rarely discuss openly is our failures or near misses. Have you nearly died to a strong monster? Have you lagged and found yourself in Lumbridge with 200mil less of equipment? Have you had an embarassing loss whilst playing the game?

Well, we'd like to hear about it. You don't necessarily need a picture (although they would be beneficial), just a short description of what happened.

Please ensure you follow these simple rules when posting in this topic:
No flaming
No spamming
No lying (anything obviously ridiculous will be removed)
You may only discuss another's failure if you post a failure of your own
You must only list your own failures, no calling out other users

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Shauly

Shauly

Ruiner of Dreams

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

So last night I was at Armadyl, and I had a ton of lsp and I was hoping to get a hilt. It ended up being the most fail trip ever. Pretty soon, someone got distracted and got K0ed. We duod a bit until we got another person, who also got K0ed pretty fast. We duod again until the first person made it back, and eventually it was down to 2 people again when someone left. Right as we were starting to have hope for the trip, I got the dreaded 'connection lost' message.. Fortunately, I somehow survived and managed to log back in and telleport out to safety.
{Retired Senior Moderator}
{Retired Achievements Leader}

#3 N3xt

N3xt

N3xt

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

lol
Posted Image

Edited by N3xt, 20 November 2010 - 03:00 PM.

PvP Video Gallery - 3,200+ Subscribers

PvP/BH PK Gallery - 60,000+ Views, 3Bil+ Total

I N3xt God I.....125+12 CB - 99 Atk 99 Str 99 Def 99 HP 99 Mage 99 Range 95 Prayer 96 Summ

Next.......106+12 CB - 80 Atk 99 Str 49 Def 98 HP 99 Mage 99 Range 95 Prayer 96 Summ

God Lives On.....109+11 CB - 70 Atk 75 Str 99 Def 99 HP 99 Mage 99 Range 95 Prayer 90 Summ

Bonk........94+7 CB - 66 Atk 70 Str 75 Def 88 HP 78 Mage 98 Range 46 Prayer 57 Summ

Unr1valed..........111+7 CB - 93 Atk 99 Str 70 Def 90 HP 94 Mage 73 Range 70 Prayer 57 Summ

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Shyfinch*

Shyfinch*

◕‿◕

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

I really don't know how this happened but all my herb plants died. :[ It was a very bad loss for me.

- Muhkipz  :thumbsup:

Posted Image

::Getting back in the Game. Add me if you wish::

::Home world: 99 RSN: Shyfinch::

#5 iDefine Pro

iDefine Pro

• RS Name:l Covetous l

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

Posted Image

Somehow the Defense experience option got turned on in my Mage screen, which is odd due to the fact it has always been off.. and doesn't just randomly turn on. Ohwell, 48 Defense here I come :thumbsup:

Ex-Best Skilling Turmoil Pure

To the mods who delete my posts all the time; eat me.

Back on 2007 Servers; W45/W46
Posted Image

#6 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

Well, I've posted this story so many times - it's the biggest failure known to my account :thumbsup:

So it was my first time at Godwars. After prepparing for weeks to go on my first trip - me and my also newb friends go along with me. Apparently they didn't know how to get kill count, and they ran out of food getting 40 killcount. I spent like an hour getting the killcount myself so I didn't exactly want to leave. I asked my friend Dannni Yea if he was at godwars and (it must have been a miracle) his clan was doing a godwars event! He happily said yes I could join. I hopped over, and entered the room. We were doing bandos, which is more or less one of the easier bosses in the dungeon. It was all good, but I didn't leave the center after the kill, so Graador spawned and one banged me :-P... oops

I was really mad but I was laughing also. I got whatever scraps of armor I had left in my bank to go back and get my grave, so I did, and of course I go in at the right time (/sarcasm) and get banged again by Graador. Fail :XD: I go back in Proselyte get killcount AGAIN and two minutes before my first grave I get back into the bandos room and get all my stuff back!

FAIL! :-D

Posted Image

#7 Cthulthu

Cthulthu

Pixel Critic

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

My biggest failure was to get around 50 haloween masks having located the area in the wilderness the masks respawned and camping there for hours. Then selling them about a couple months later for 50k each. At the time, it made me quite rich but in hindsight, obviously theres quite a few millions, perhaps billions that could have been made, but then again, who has that kind of patience :P
I did keep 1 mask set for a year or two but when i went to sell it for 2m in coal certificates, i was scammed and actually sold it for 2m in iron certificates, shortly after i quit the game (for 2 years) before rejoining in RSC.

Biggest actual loss was 16m years ago and it was too......kalphite soldiers, not guardians, not the queen....soldiers.
I was low hp and i didn't bother to equip guthans and then i lagged out and when i got back on, i was dead. It wasn't just the damage but the anti-poison had run out too so i had that draining my hp while i disconnected too :(
Lots my first fire cape too.

Another expensive fail, but this time not something i lost but could have gained was during a God wars trip to Saradomin. We had been there about 4 hours when while running and eating i accidentally hit the teleport button. They got 3-man sara hilt that kill.
I've missed another sara hilt quite recently too, but that was because i left the trip and not really a fail, though still a regret.

The only other big loss, one that made me think about quitting Runescape because at the time i had no idea how i would ever recover was when i died at Bandits (again, years ago) and i lost guthan's spear and helm, worth like 9 of the 11m the full set was worth. The set was pretty much my bank value at the time and it had taken years to get that much, so it was a huge loss.

I die quite often, none of my deaths bother me that much anymore because it's not a problem to re-buy anything.

Edited by Cthulthu, 08 April 2010 - 06:28 PM.

[Zybez] vs. Corporeal Beast, 4th June - Saturday, 1.00pm EST / 6.00pm BST (GMT+1)
Join The Lavadragon, 80+ Combat or 1400+ Skill or Check our Recruitment Topic first
This is my Story, Cthulthu's Goals/Achievements & Blogs

Posted Image

- Cthulthu - 138 Combat - 2421 Skill -
- 99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoint - 99 Range -
- 99 Mage - 99 Summoning - 99 Prayer - 99 Slayer -

- 99 Woodcutting - 99 Fletching  - 99 Fishing - 99 Construction -
- 99 Smithing - 99 Crafting - 99 Farming - 99 Firemaking -
- 99 Herblore -  99 Thieving - 99 Cooking - 99 Mining -

#8 TBOOTH

TBOOTH

Arrrrrgh!

• RS Name:Buccaneer

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

I was alching air battlestaffs in PvP. I had approximately 20m worth on me. I finished alching all of them in a hot zone to get ep. Not once was I threatened in my spot. But then I logged and forgot to switch to a non-PvP world. I logged back in and gloried to edgeville. Before the map was able to load, I was d clawed and spawned in Lumbridge. Does that qualify?

#9 libum1

libum1

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

POPULAR

random pics i do have. might edit some stories in at another time

Posted Image
got talked into lending friend, later worth over 250m streetprice (when i had <300m bank), i never got them back

Posted Image
perm banned for the same offence, twice, lol.

Posted Image
same day i got perm muted lol. was a bit attached to rs way back then

http://img197.images...sdaycollage.png
http://img101.images...511/hackedp.png
first time i was hacked, thats a screenie of the thread update. im slightly smarter since then

Posted Image
away for couple months in the summer, came back with 1.6b less in my bank - he hadnt finished cleaning it. still havnt figured out how this hack happened, but he showed me a photobucket account later with all these huge name hacks, either amazing fakes or hes hacked zezima etc before.

Posted Image
[url="]
my friend kubert/urballz gypped me for most of that ~2 weeks before staking removed. had 150m when trade limit was put in place. uploaded a clip i found

Posted Image
oops.
had a pic somewhere of over 20 appeals denied that i'd saved up for a while. apparently i had trouble with rules when i was younger XD

Posted Image
so many of these. rarely took pictures, but well over 10b xlogged from me. i was honor, i never, ever x logged.

http://img532.images...7088/funorb.png
^ jagex fail (rated PG)

Posted Image
my attempted pk video. 100 dharok kos with 71-74 strength, 90% of them higher level then me and ~30% of them 116+ combat (vs my 109 with 99 pray, pre-piety). spent a good 20 hours editing clips and soon as im putting in the music my computer somehow screws up all the clips. never tried to make a video since.

[url="]
just a big fail, had this clip sitting around for ages. apparently youtube can upload unedited clips.

not many rs death pic fails. 170m in rush gear (bh) in the last 2 weeks, but previous to that had never lost anything over a dh set (and one DFS with protect item on in the video - jagex glitch). couple 20-30m deaths at dks and such for rangers, and a 60m death at arma once but since then i welfare in 500k risk :)

Edited by squirl100, 11 April 2010 - 07:06 PM.
Edited the name out to avoid future flames/spam. -Squirl

2nd maxed tank - [april 21st 07]
all buyable 99's; no nonbuyables from [january 4th 2009 - january 18th 2010]
5th person to complete sigilset in drops - [november 30th 09]
previously rank 1 at duel tournaments, rank 7 mage

#10 Shauly

Shauly

Ruiner of Dreams

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

I just had another Armadyl related fail.

Posted Image

I wanted to stay longer, miss clicked the tab...
{Retired Senior Moderator}
{Retired Achievements Leader}

#11 Dragnheartxx

Dragnheartxx

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

Wayy back in the day when I first started playing runescape, probably 2004 i think, i was in the wizard tower watching people shoot firebolts and such at the lesser demon for mage exp and the chance to get a rune med helm and dreaming of the day i'd be able to. This is still when that wizard up there could be attacked/attack you and someone had started fighting it. They died ofcourse because they were a low level and no1 else of the 5 ppl there including me noticed they died. so i sat there and looted their death and picked up this "blue h'ween mask" and i put it on and remember thinking how stupid it looked. so i walked to varrock and i still remember her name, ladyairhead, i said selling blue mask not knowing the value still. she asked me how much i said idk how much do you wanna pay she said for me to choose, so i said oh hell yeah im gonna get her for a lot. "7k i guess" and so i sold it to her for 7k probably when the blue mask was only worth around 1m idk prices back then because i was still so new.

oh and i missed the rubber chicken because i had no idea what holiday events were either still lol.

and ofcourse everyone has had their deaths but this is the biggest fail ive EVER had just out of sheer innocence lol.
Xdrgn--Hartx 136/136 Combat
99/99 Attack
99/99 Strength
99/99 Defence
99/99 Hitpoints
88/88 Summoning

99/99 Ranging
95/95 Prayer

#12 Blood Rico

Blood Rico

Sleek

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

Losing 50M in Dangerous CLW portal to max str and d claw rusher lol.
bloodrico

#13 Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski

Member of the Midnight Crew

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

Trying to take on Delrith from demon slayer wearing full HAM robes...
I died and I was so upset...man it took me ages to kill HAM members and get the full set of robes.

I also have another one. I was on a hellhound task and it was going pretty good, but I was PMing a firend, and didn't check my health. I send my PM, look at my HP and notice I'm on 0. I started spam clicking my monkfish in my invent but it was too late and I spawned in falador, minus my dragon boots, obby shield and nezzy helm :mellow:
I couldn't make it back because I didn't have a dusty key either :blink:

Mikey

Edited by Mike Wazowski, 09 April 2010 - 01:54 AM.

Posted Image

Retired Global Moderator | Retired Achievements Co-Leader | Retired Aotm Leader

#14 Pk3d by mike

Pk3d by mike

• RS Name:pk3d by mike
  • Clan:NONE

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:16 AM

about 2 weeks ago, died 3 times in a row at dust devils... all three times was with guthans... completely forgot you needed a slayer helm on for some reason. each time i got koed 18-18-18 ish... I was like omg guthan is horrible and then sold it right away... A little bit while after I realised that I was such an idiot for forgetting that, haha.
Recovering Addict

Play Pacman :) | Make Money Online - I used this program on my pacman site : Bookmarking Demon ;)

Halo 4 Twitter Page - *Follow us on twitter we have different contests giving away 2 Halo 4's and 1 Limited Edition*
GTA V Twitter Page
Pre-Order Halo 4 - Get it for a discount!

#15 I am Nyu

I am Nyu

Nyu!

• RS Name:Nyu Nyu
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:46 AM

First time chinning, I forgot a teletab. I also forgot an antipoison. (EDIT: And however unbelievable this now sounds, I also forgot a rocktail) I also decided to stand on the spikes while watching a Youtube video on how to chin. I get poisoned, step off the spikes. Try to run out of the cave while poisoned, poison KO's me. Can't believe I forgot a teletab (something that should have been of vital importance to remember) but yeah...

I'm wearing Full arma with ranger boots (60m~ in gear) and I look back to see myself standing in Falador with 3:58 on my grave timer.

I have never been so shaky over lost pixels then that moment. Nearly lost half my bank. Luckily, got back to my grave with 0:45 to loot. Sadly, lost 2.5k chinchompas. :(

Haven't died since. :B

Invo now:
gree gree, 3 range pots, 19 prayer pots, holy wrench, rocktail, teletab, rune c'bow, super antipoison

Edited by ocd kills, 09 April 2010 - 03:47 AM.

We're seeking the [truth], "We do not care if it is a lie". As if we can see right through it, we follow it along.

@NyusFeed | YouTube

Posted Image

#16 Tiago

Tiago

#1 Pt Maxed Rune Pure

• RS Name:So_easy99
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:15 AM

I've been rcing recently at zmi, and my method is a bit different than normal, I dont use head prays, and I use bunyip (can do 52k exp p/hour with 75+ rc).

Well at that time I didnt have bunyip and I was running throught the monsters, and somehow I dced for like 30secs, when I logged in I was at lumbridge without agility top, bottom, and pouches.

I was OH.. MY.. GOD, ran to the grave and there wasnt any of that equipment and I was so dissapointed because I thought that I had to get pouches back from abyss (which I hate) and that I had to do around like 500laps to recover agility top and bottom (which I hate even more ahah).. then someone told me that I could recover the agility top n bottom if I talked with the NPC's near those courses, and that I could recover pouches in runecrafting guild.

Well, everything ended well, but it was a big fail!

Posted Image

#17 fresi1

fresi1

• RS Name:fresi1
  • Clan:TET

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:38 AM

i didnt bother removing some stuf from invent when alching, ended up alching my d legs
realy good that they updated so you cant do that anymore...
Dyslexia

#18 Anti Rob

Anti Rob

Ivan

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

I remember when I was using whip on my pure, a friend asked me to hybrid DM him in pvp so I said ok.

barrage, barrage, blitz, went to pull out whip, was on accurate. Hit twice, got the KO. then i noticed he said LOLLL

Then I noticed I got 3 defence, with whip. On Accurate mode.
Posted Image

#19 Karthyz

Karthyz

Zybez Radio DJ

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

My only semi-big recent fail would be when I finally finished getting the money for my dream slaying outfit (bandos, fury etc). Cost me about 75m.. and I was on my new laptop doing a Gargoyle task in Kuradal's dungeon. I just finished it, went to go get a new one, disconnected, found myself with just my BCP, BT and whip I think. Fury disappeared, Fire Cape.. After that I thought I'd blow all my money on the Double XP weekend. I now have about 20m :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Runescape Addict Since '05

.   My G&A   .
.   My Youtube   .
.   Zybez Radio DJ   .
^ Since March 2010 ^

Runescape Addict Until ....?

#20 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

I've seen worse clues, but a coif and a willow shortbow isn't enough to buy me a breadcrumb!

Posted Image

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: