Answered

Fire Giants.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

So I have a Fire Giant assignment, 111.  I'm combat level 99 and can give more stats if needed.
My first question though is what combat style I should use, which I'm sure depends on the location.  My magic level is 66 and my range is 76.
My second question is where to fight them.  I was thinking the Wilderness Dungeon, but I don't know how far in the wildy it is (guide doesn't say lol).

Edited by Jetkid5, 21 February 2010 - 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Jack Midway

Jack Midway

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

If you have done Waterfall quest, kill them in the baxtorian falls dungeon. You need gladrials amulet and a rope to get in, i use a games necklace and walk south for easy access. At you're combat i would range them, unless you have a bunyip. Use the room on the left side, not middle, for ranging. Stand in opposite doorway until they become unagressive, then feel free to range behind chairs. There should be other rangers there that you can see what i'm talking about. Also, don't forget to bring some alch runes!
Posted Image
Little Monster forever <3

#3 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

Sadly I have not, and will not any time soon.  Any other suggestions?

Posted Image

#4 Jack Midway

Jack Midway

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

Sorry i don't know, always kill mine in waterfall. I know there are some in chaos tunnels but they pile.
Posted Image
Little Monster forever <3

#5 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, I was really hoping to not go there.  There's several other places like the wildy dungeon but with the revs.... >.<

Posted Image

#6 Crimson_Wolf

Crimson_Wolf

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Waterfall is the best place to kill them. There are two rooms that can be used for either range or melee, melee being the more effective of the two. The second best place would probably be Brimhaven dungeon or the Chaos tunnels. The wilderness one would probably be the worst. There are also some in the smoke dungeon near Pollnivneach.

#7 st pats

st pats

• RS Name:St pats
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

you can kill the ones that you need to run by to get to the iron and steel dragons i see people there all the time

#8 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Well I already know where they all are, I'm just asking which place is the best for me.  Also why even talk about the Waterfall area?  I know it's awesome but I can't.
I need to know the pros and cons of each area, and how to fight there.
Also, why is the wildy one the worst?

To the poster above, that doesn't help me at all.  That was just a useless post.

Edited by Jetkid5, 21 February 2010 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image

#9 baramos

baramos

Rejoined RS

• RS Name:Jimmjimx
  • Clan:None

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

View PostJetkid5, on 21 February 2010 - 09:02 PM, said:

Well I already know where they all are, I'm just asking which place is the best for me. Also why even talk about the Waterfall area? I know it's awesome but I can't.

To the poster above, that doesn't help me at all. That was just a useless post.

IMO, if you can't go to the waterfall ones then go to Brimhaven dun... The only downside to that is that you will be annoyed by dogs all the time and uhm.. i believe there's no safe-spot for you to range or mage them. Also, you need wc axe and about 1K to enter the dungeon. Fire giants aren't that hard to slay. You don't really have to worry about where to kill them.
Posted Image

#10 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

And how do I get to the Brimhaven Dungeon?  Sorry for not knowing obvious things but I don't get out much. :hi:

Posted Image

#11 Crimson_Wolf

Crimson_Wolf

• Clan:Zchat

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Well I already know where they all are, I'm just asking which place is the best for me.  Also why even talk about the Waterfall area?  I know it's awesome but I can't.

To the poster above, that doesn't help me at all.  That was just a useless post.
Why can't you? The quest is worth doing.

* Brimhaven Dungeon - Pretty annoying to get to and the wild dogs will attack you at every chance they get. It's a decent area but long runs to get to the dungeon and the wild dogs make this spot annoying.
    * Chaos Tunnels - Several Fire giants that can attack you at once. There are some safe spots that you can use to range or halberd them but there are better locations.
    * Deep Wilderness Dungeon - Found in level 50 wilderness. Renevants can and probably will enter the dungeon and attack you making this location a pretty ineffective location to kill them. Not worth using because of the risk of being attacked and killed by multiple renevants.
    * Smoke Dungeon - Requires a facemask or a slayer helmet to enter. If not equipped you will be constantly dealt damage. Nearly always empty and is a decent place to kill them.

If you can use the smoke dungeon and have a slayer helmet, then I would recommend it. If not Brimhaven dungeon would be your second best place, chaos tunnels third and the wilderness dungeon being the worst place.

Edited by Crimson_Wolf, 21 February 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#12 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

Now there's a quality post. :hi:
Can't do smoke, so it looks like I'll be doing Brimhaven.  Are there safespots?  And do the monsters, mainly dogs ever stop attacking?  And how long should it take to kill 111/how many trips?  And of course how do I get there?

Edited by Jetkid5, 21 February 2010 - 09:23 PM.

Posted Image

#13 baramos

baramos

Rejoined RS

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

View PostCrimson_Wolf, on 21 February 2010 - 09:19 PM, said:

Well I already know where they all are, I'm just asking which place is the best for me. Also why even talk about the Waterfall area? I know it's awesome but I can't.

To the poster above, that doesn't help me at all. That was just a useless post.
Why can't you? The quest is worth doing.

* Brimhaven Dungeon - Pretty annoying to get to and the wild dogs will attack you at every chance they get. It's a decent area but long runs to get to the dungeon and the wild dogs make this spot annoying.
* Chaos Tunnels - Several Fire giants that can attack you at once. There are some safe spots that you can use to range or halberd them but there are better locations.
* Deep Wilderness Dungeon - Found in level 50 wilderness. Renevants can and probably will enter the dungeon and attack you making this location a pretty ineffective location to kill them. Not worth using because of the risk of being attacked and killed by multiple renevants.
* Smoke Dungeon - Requires a facemask or a slayer helmet to enter. If not equipped you will be constantly dealt damage. Nearly always empty and is a decent place to kill them.

If you can use the smoke dungeon and have a slayer helmet, then I would recommend it. If not Brimhaven dungeon would be your second best place, chaos tunnels third and the wilderness dungeon being the worst place.

I agree, go for smoke dungeon :hi:
Posted Image

#14 Tact

Tact

Master Magician

• RS Name:Tact
  • Clan:Darken S0uls

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

Zybez's guide to Brimhaven Dungeon
Posted Image

#15 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for the link.  I see that there's two areas with them though.  Which should I use?

Posted Image

#16 baramos

baramos

Rejoined RS

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

according to what Crimson_Wolf said, I'd suggest smoke dun. I also highly recommend you to do waterfall quest (sometime later) haha
Posted Image

#17 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Unfortunately I haven't done any of the numerous quests for that, so Brimhaven it is.  Any safespots and in which area should I be anyway?

Posted Image

#18 baramos

baramos

Rejoined RS

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

There's no safespot in brimhaven dun. And there're wild dogs to annoy you too:no:
Posted Image

#19 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

OK.  Any idea how many per trip/how many trips/how much time for 111?

Posted Image

#20 maximizado

maximizado

• RS Name:mazimizado

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:38 AM

Guthans + Super set at chaos tunnels makes the task really fast. I've tried it before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: