Below are our rules and guides on how users should conduct themselves in the chat. These rules are for members and moderators and are designed to promote a good atmosphere in the chat. We don't want to crush conversation but we don't want people to feel uneasy. Please remember, that the rules are (but not limited to):
1. That repeatedly spamming the chat will earn you a kick. The same applies to "flooding" (the mass posting of messages). This also applies to website advertising, account selling, password scamming or any blatant black market activity. You will be kicked.
2. That racism, sexism, homophobia or excessive flaming will earn you a kick without warning. It is the ranked person's discretion of what is considered kick-able or not.
3. For any other offensives (one-off spam, objectionable discussion (including, but not limited to, the discussion botting, hacking & of drugs/illegal substances)) you may receive a warning. If you ignore this warning and continue with this behavior, you will be kicked. It is the ranked person's discretion of what is considered warnable or not.
4. Treat other users with the same courtesy as you would expect. If someone asks a question, try to answer clearly and concisely. If someone is chatting, do not shout them down. Users who persistently attempt to bully, harass or "troll" other users will be kicked.
5. That players who circumvent their kick will be banned from the Chat for a minimum of one week. Players who persistently break the rules may be subject to longer bans within the chat.
6. The language of the chat is English. This is for the convenience of everyone. Any discussion in anything but English will earn a warning.
7. Do not impersonate other individuals by using similar names as ranked users. Individuals who do so to insult or defame others will be kicked without warning.
8. Do not advertise other chats within the Zchat. Your forum signature and "About Me" are there for you to use. We cannot guarantee the content of other chats.
9. Do not fill the chat with questions about a moderator's actions. Take it to private messages or, if you feel the moderator has been unjust then message me with the relevant information.
Bans and Appeals
As part of our mission to ensure Zchat is as great as possible, we've changed the way Appeals work. If you're banned from the chat and wish to appeal, you should use this form and be as detailed as possible. The chat moderators will discuss your appeal and then get back to you as soon as possible. This may take several days.
Two things to consider. The minimum ban is 1 month. If whatever you've done is particularly bad, that could be extended from 1 month to forever or somewhere in-between. We won't consider appeals from anyone who has been banned for less than this. Secondly, if your appeal is rejected for whatever reason, you may not appeal again for 3 months. Any appeals before that deadline will reset the timer (so you'll have to wait 3 months from that point).
Below are some of the questions often asked. If you have a question about something not covered, feel free to message me!
I've been banned from the chat, can you unban me?
If you have been kicked from the chat, your ban will expire in an hour. If you have been permanently banned from the chat and you feel this was a mistake or you wish to appeal the ban, please use the Appeals form located here.
What do the stars mean?
The stars are chat ranks. Bronze is Lieutenant, Silver is Captain, Gold is General. A more detailed breakdown can be found here.
Can I have a rank?
Nope, we don't just give ranks out. Ranks are determined by the moderators for those who we deem suitable. If/when you're promoted, your clan chat rank will be adjusted. The General rank (Gold star) is awarded to Moderators, Senior Moderators and Kings. The smiley face rank is awarded to our Veterans of Zchat, people whom the moderating team feels have been in the chat for a large amount of time. It cannot kick.
Is W13 'Zchat'?
The chat's name is Zchat but in the chat it says RSC?
This is intended.
What level combat is Zchat?
Can I buy/sell stuff in the chat?
Yes, but please do not spam it up. A simple "buying/selling X" will do, we don't need the same message 50 times.
Updates to Zchat
Below is a list of updates that've occured to the Friend's Chat.
Guide To using the Chat.
Lastly, some simple guides of how to access our chat. If you're in Runescape 3, please use the guide below:
However, if you're an RS-07 player, please use this guide:
If any of the pictures don't work, please contact me.