- Create a design using two colors. Such as a square within a square within a square.. until it leads to a small square in the middle. It'll create a nice optical illusion if done right.
e: Like http://www.mrjohns.n...sions/rotsq.gif
[Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host
.] this (if it wasn't moving- if it is moving)
- Graffiti + Quotes on a wall would be nice, with some signatures.
- Invert the colors (kinda) white walls get dirty and are boring so maybe a light blue.
- Paint your room completely black and put glow-in-the-dark stars and stuff all over it
- Blacklights with the right paint/decorations would be nice
- If possible, convert your closet or create a space for one of those fold up/wall beds. It'll add more space to your room for whatever.
- Get a stencil made of some really famous artwork or logo or picture or whatever and paint it onto your wall. With this, you could get multiple stencils and make a collage on a wall.
- Make a collage anyway. Turn a wall (or the whole room) into an impressionist-esque design. Something with clear brush strokes and strong colors. Maybe even Fauvist.
- Re-arrange your furniture every so often. This will keep it looking different and is a cheap alternative
The problem you might have with splashing paint is that you might throw too much at once and make it really gloppy and then you'll have all of these bumps on your wall. If they chip off it'll look...Bad. Plus you might get some on your floor, no matter how much you tape or cover it up. If you do decide to splash around, I think sticking with chromatic blues would look nice. It would compliment the blue ceiling well.
Edited by Imperial, 24 January 2010 - 10:17 PM.