My Room

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 evil santar

evil santar

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:48 AM

My room is my favourite place in the world, it has my bed, stereo, clothes, computer and tv etc in it. But recently it's been getting a little plain and boring. I have a wooden floor, white walls and a blue ceiling. I REALLY like to be different, and my room is far from different atm. I was thinking about changing it, making it unique and unusual... So far I have a couple ideas

• Paint every wall a different colour
  • Have a wall that all my friends can write on
  • Litterally throwing paint on walls at random leaving patchs unpainted and messy

Anybody got any different ideas, opinions or examples of their own room and how it's unique?
Please rep me if you like my post

#2 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:59 AM

As well as wanting a unique room, you also have a unique mind from what I can tell. My room is plain but I like it that way. The problem with executing these kinds of things is that once you go forward with it, it would either be irreversible or you'd have to put even more effort into returning your room to status quo should you change your mind. Hanging things from ceilings is about as far as I would go in terms of turning your room into a wacky place. Of course, you are open to even more suggestions, but I would pass that on to another person. B-)

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

#3 Oblivion816

Oblivion816

Blank

• RS Name:Oblivion816
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

Paint the ceiling white and paint the walls blue.
Posted Image

#4 Wristé13

Wristé13

The mysterious stranger

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

You could try an accent wall. An accent wall is basically a wall that is one color while the rest are the same: for instance, I have a green wall in the midst of three white walls. It breaks things up a bit. You might do well with an accent wall the same color as your ceiling. Multi-colored or messy walls would just keep me up at night, but maybe you're more resilient.
Okay, so you pronounce my name like this: "Rist'ay thur'teen.' It's not "Rist," "Riste," or "Rist'uh," and if you spell it "Wristle," you will meet a very, very painful death.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 ic3s tzhaar

ic3s tzhaar

• RS Name:Ic3s tzhaar

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Put a toilet in your room, no more walking to your bathroom at night. :whistle:

I don't post here that often anymore

Posted Image

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Posted Image

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves..." - bh

#6 Billy.

Billy.

Jmmlip

• RS Name:Jmmlip
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

Have one wall designated for people to sign but make them use the ink pens or whatever (the ones that only show up in the black light). Also you could take a paint brush and throw that paint that only shows up in the black light all over the walls too, that way when lights are on you're walls will be different colored as you said but with lights off it would look even more tripped out :whistle:.

[My msn: [email protected]][Proud Former mentee of Teelex - THE GOD]
Gamertag = Datboibilly

#7 Ze

Ze

si3ud

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

I write on my walls all the time, I find it nice, I've got interesting quotes, dates special to me and things friends have said.  It's also good to have nice script if you do this. You can always just re-primer the room in a day if you dislike it.
And I like laughing at retards,
and I like throwing rocks at dogs,
but darling I love you.

#8 `Killer

`Killer

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

My friend has a ceiling fan with four lights on it, each different colors. So when the fan is on, it's really cool to look at :-/

#9 JPT

JPT

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

View PostBilly., on 24 January 2010 - 02:34 PM, said:

Have one wall designated for people to sign but make them use the ink pens or whatever (the ones that only show up in the black light). Also you could take a paint brush and throw that paint that only shows up in the black light all over the walls too, that way when lights are on you're walls will be different colored as you said but with lights off it would look even more tripped out :lmao:.

Write something dodgy like I will kill you on it, try and get a wall lit up with the special sort of light and have a mate come over, leave it off for a while, then turn it on and see their reaction :-)

#10 Imperial

Imperial

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting thwee's

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

- Create a design using two colors. Such as a square within a square within a square.. until it leads to a small square in the middle. It'll create a nice optical illusion if done right.

e: Like http://www.mrjohns.n...sions/rotsq.gif [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.] this (if it wasn't moving- if it is moving)

- Graffiti + Quotes on a wall would be nice, with some signatures.

- Invert the colors (kinda) white walls get dirty and are boring so maybe a light blue.

- Paint your room completely black and put glow-in-the-dark stars and stuff all over it :-)

- Blacklights with the right paint/decorations would be nice

- If possible, convert your closet or create a space for one of those fold up/wall beds. It'll add more space to your room for whatever.

- Get a stencil made of some really famous artwork or logo or picture or whatever and paint it onto your wall. With this, you could get multiple stencils and make a collage on a wall.

- Make a collage anyway. Turn a wall (or the whole room) into an impressionist-esque design. Something with clear brush strokes and strong colors. Maybe even Fauvist.

- Re-arrange your furniture every so often. This will keep it looking different and is a cheap alternative :lmao:

The problem you might have with splashing paint is that you might throw too much at once and make it really gloppy and then you'll have all of these bumps on your wall. If they chip off it'll look...Bad. Plus you might get some on your floor, no matter how much you tape or cover it up. If you do decide to splash around, I think sticking with chromatic blues would look nice. It would compliment the blue ceiling well.

Edited by Imperial, 24 January 2010 - 10:17 PM.

Four time PoTM Winner. Advice giver and OT lurker. Posted Image Ver Del for the sig!
Posted Image

#11 Hail

Hail

Notoriously unknown.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

View PostOblivion816, on 24 January 2010 - 08:06 AM, said:

Paint the ceiling white and paint the walls blue.

That's how mine is with a dark shade, looks brilliant at night without being completely blinding.

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

#12 Takla

Takla

Cool Beans

• RS Name:Takla Makan
  • Clan:Envy

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

View Postic3s tzhaar, on 24 January 2010 - 02:26 PM, said:

Put a toilet in your room, no more walking to your bathroom at night. http://forums.zybez....fault/laugh.gif

I've wanted to do that for a very long time but it would be super expensive. How are you planning to keep the freind's writing wall from getting used up? You could paint over it every once in a while I guess.
Posted Image

#13 Bradley_Jay

Bradley_Jay

Hva å gjøre, hva å gjøre...

• RS Name:Asperations
  • Clan:#w70

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

I just painted my walls two different shades of grey, and the ceiling is still white. I like calm, dull colors. It feels more contemporary, in my opinion.

Posted Image

#14 Boss

Boss

Chill out broski.

• RS Name:Yungbosnian

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:43 AM

tape posters to your ceiling rather than your walls.

We are at war with our own. The ones who control everything we do, yet are no where to be found. The ones we are supposed to take example from, but are never there to lead. The ones who claim they are here to help, yet nothing gets done. It is up to us, to revive what once was.
Posted Image

#15 Jeffreyy

Jeffreyy

Neo for life.

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

One word, futon.

lol. Anyways my room is orange. :D I kinda want it purple now. but whatever. I skateboard and I'm gonna hang all my broken and old decks on my wall. If you skate, that'd be really cool.

Definitely rearrange furniture and move stuff around, I do that a lot. Theres a lot that you can do, but at the same time there really isn't too much to do... Mini fridge maybe? That would be hot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Forever 138, at heart.]

[Join Zchat]

#16 Shrt

Shrt

• RS Name:Shrt

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

View PostTakla, on 25 January 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

How are you planning to keep the freind's writing wall from getting used up? You could paint over it every once in a while I guess.

Wash cloth. My friend had her entire room like that, all she needed was to use water and the chalk came off.

Posted Image

#17 Imperial

Imperial

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting thwee's

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

View PostShrt, on 30 January 2010 - 09:39 PM, said:

View PostTakla, on 25 January 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

How are you planning to keep the freind's writing wall from getting used up? You could paint over it every once in a while I guess.

Wash cloth. My friend had her entire room like that, all she needed was to use water and the chalk came off.

Which is true, but I'm assuming that permanent marker (or just plain 'ol markers) could be used.

Four time PoTM Winner. Advice giver and OT lurker. Posted Image Ver Del for the sig!
Posted Image

#18 Kermit_MUFC

Kermit_MUFC

I Am Whatever You Say I Am

• RS Name:Kermit_MUFC

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:57 AM

Paint markers are good.

Maybe you could have an accent wall like the abve poster said, and on the 3 walls which are the same colour, you could get some paint which only shows up under blacklights, and make it look like blood dripping down the walls, as if some poltergeist has written things such as "you're dead" etc in blood  :thumbsup:  that would really freak your mates out when you switch the ol' blacklight on  :lmao:

Love United - Hate Glazer - Join the Manchester United Supporters Trust Green & Gold Campaign Here

United's soul is never sold
So proudly wear that green and gold
We'll never wear our famous Red
'Til Glazer's gone or even dead
So raise that ancient standard high
By green and gold we'll live or die
That day will come again for sure
When we can wear our Red once more

Posted Image

#19 Elegance

Elegance

Always member 51,702

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:50 AM

You should just cover your walls with movie posters/band posters/book covers/comic pages like RayWilliamJohnson on YouTube does.

http://www.webwrecke.../RayWilliam.jpg [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

This is cool because it's easy to change if you use blu-tac or tape it can change every day if you want it to.

Posted Image

#20 Find Emotion

Find Emotion

I know the truth, it won't save you.

• RS Name:Findiee
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

Have a blown up image of your runescape character and all your runescape goals, so you can cross them out once you've achieved them.

Or, if you know someone artistically minded, have some sort of cartoon/graffiti image on your wall, or on all four. I've always wanted to do that.

Grow old but never grow up.
Posted Image
Retired from RS. XBL: Sollicus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: