G Maul Pure Question

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Borschwicz

Borschwicz

• RS Name:Borschwicz
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

Do G maul pures absolutely NEED ancients to be successful at PKing or is it just bonus? I figure the combat levels I save from not getting prayer will be good enough to not need ancients? And If anyone has a guide that explains how to make a G maul pure (doing the questing right) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks =)

#2 My Life

My Life

Paladin

• RS Name:El Sol
  • Team:Oh!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

Absolutely not. A range -> maul is VERY effective. All you need to do is throw darts at your opponent (wielding dragon bolts) switch to maul, spec, then switch to rune crossbow to deplete any left over HP.

For melee, a simple rune scimitar to maul is okay. However, once your spec runs dry, you basically will have only a 15 % chance of winning the fight.

Posted Image

"Snap BACK to Reality! Oh there goes gravity! Oh there goes Rabbit and the beat goes on, Da da Dum da da da!"

#3 Borschwicz

Borschwicz

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

View PostGodly Ares, on 20 January 2010 - 10:43 PM, said:

Absolutely not. A range -> maul is VERY effective. All you need to do is throw darts at your opponent (wielding dragon bolts) switch to maul, spec, then switch to rune crossbow to deplete any left over HP.

For melee, a simple rune scimitar to maul is okay. However, once your spec runs dry, you basically will have only a 15 % chance of winning the fight.

Yea I forgot to add that instead i'd just do the scim>maul method, but thank god =) Thanks alot =)

#4 l Ate Bambi

l Ate Bambi

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Ancients are a great hybrid method, for any type of Account, with a Blitz/G Maul you can Rush pretty effectively, if your into that aswell.

I figure u get 1.5cb lvls when u get 13 pray, to me, thats not the end of the world as you also gain a 10% str bonus with it, id say dont get pray till 70 str, at which the g maul becomes a very effective ko weapon, but you may want to get ancients before that.

If the account is just going to be a play around account, with no big goals (apart from the basic 99 str, 99 mage ect ect goals), dont bother, you might as use a scim/maul combo, but range makes the maul pure come alive, It improves your winning chances ALOT, As the person before me stated, dart/ d bolts are very good but you could also just do darts/maul without spec if you dont have enough money to waste on d bolts.

The pure im working on right now will be a 13 pray g mauler, i find them alot of fun, but idk, do what ever pleases you :)

Edited by slugtron 192, 20 January 2010 - 11:00 PM.

Posted Image

Boldly Going Nowhere

#5 K0ed U Ofc

K0ed U Ofc

Knocking Down Egos Since '02

• RS Name:Ask in PM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

if you want an account that can handle itself with all melee after using up specs, go with dscim/dds. i've been using it for awhile now, and it works great. ancients make it easier though; you can bind and cause damage if your target tries to run.

Call Allah- Range Pure In Progress

67/70/82 Range || 26 Prayer || 65/70/82 Magic || 30/55 Slayer

Gym Rat- 89 Combat

71 Attack || 87 Strength || 83/94 Range || 94 Magic || 52 Prayer || 62 Slayer

Fire Cape, B Gloves, Torso, Rune Defender, Slayer Helm

#6 The G

The G

• RS Name:The G

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:13 AM

well now since the new high lvl spells came out u can use those.... since maul doesnt rly need someone to be frozen its very fast. First get 95 or 90 mage for the new high lvl spells and use that and then go for maul since it has delay like blitz. If your question is about mage in general then yes bc mage is needed everywhere.

Posted Image

#7 Borschwicz

Borschwicz

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:11 AM

View Postslugtron 192, on 20 January 2010 - 11:00 PM, said:

Ancients are a great hybrid method, for any type of Account, with a Blitz/G Maul you can Rush pretty effectively, if your into that aswell.

I figure u get 1.5cb lvls when u get 13 pray, to me, thats not the end of the world as you also gain a 10% str bonus with it, id say dont get pray till 70 str, at which the g maul becomes a very effective ko weapon, but you may want to get ancients before that.

If the account is just going to be a play around account, with no big goals (apart from the basic 99 str, 99 mage ect ect goals), dont bother, you might as use a scim/maul combo, but range makes the maul pure come alive, It improves your winning chances ALOT, As the person before me stated, dart/ d bolts are very good but you could also just do darts/maul without spec if you dont have enough money to waste on d bolts.

The pure im working on right now will be a 13 pray g mauler, i find them alot of fun, but idk, do what ever pleases you :)

Yea, I meant getting 43 prayer for DT. I am currently 13 prayer and plan on just staying at that. I think i'll try the D Dart/Maul method, with 70+ str and 70+ range with 13 prayer. Thanks alot everyone!

EDIT: And could someone tell me the easiest RFD quests for mith gloves? I read them somewhere but I forgot =P

Edited by Borschwicz, 21 January 2010 - 01:11 AM.

#8 l Ate Bambi

l Ate Bambi

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

Scratch, Goblins, Evil Dave, Dwarf And pirate pete, but these days addy gloves are possible due to jagex making it so that returning to the MM island doesnt require taking the 20k def xp, So King Awowogei can be done to get addys aswell

Posted Image

Boldly Going Nowhere

#9 Borschwicz

Borschwicz

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:12 AM

View Postslugtron 192, on 21 January 2010 - 02:05 AM, said:

Scratch, Goblins, Evil Dave, Dwarf And pirate pete, but these days addy gloves are possible due to jagex making it so that returning to the MM island doesnt require taking the 20k def xp, So King Awowogei can be done to get addys aswell

I think i'm not going to even do RFD and just use combat brace.

#10 LackSkills

LackSkills

• RS Name:Lack Skills

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

View PostBorschwicz, on 21 January 2010 - 03:12 AM, said:

SAD ROFL ur acc is jus gonna fail overall and u dont need 43 pray for dt u dont know a thing about pures..

" I Am The Change"

#11 Tallor

Tallor

t('_'t)

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

View PostLackSkills, on 21 January 2010 - 12:22 PM, said:

SAD ROFL ur acc is jus gonna fail overall and u dont need 43 pray for dt u dont know a thing about pures..

Probably why he has come asking for advice then idiot.

OT: Stay range based then you wont need to 100% rely on your G maul to get KOs. G maul can fail badly sometimes.

#12 dan staat

dan staat

Do ya feel lucky?

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

View PostLackSkills, on 21 January 2010 - 12:22 PM, said:

Way to sound intelligent, big guy.
Better now?

#13 G ravit Y

G ravit Y

Pvp > Bh

• RS Name:O_o Gravity

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

Well.. i personally get ancients on all my g maulers.. for the hybriding aspect.

I have had probally 4 g maulers, and only 1 with 1 prayer. The thing you NEED is range.

Range is like a secondary ko. if your g maul special hits really low or something.

The ancients is just nice tohave, basically for rushing purposes, or for the hybridding.

Remember The prayer is only like 2 combats? and it actually does help with specials.
Posted Image

#14 Azeem1992

Azeem1992

L33T

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

View PostBorschwicz, on 21 January 2010 - 01:11 AM, said:

View Postslugtron 192, on 20 January 2010 - 11:00 PM, said:

Yea, I meant getting 43 prayer for DT. I am currently 13 prayer and plan on just staying at that. I think i'll try the D Dart/Maul method, with 70+ str and 70+ range with 13 prayer. Thanks alot everyone!

EDIT: And could someone tell me the easiest RFD quests for mith gloves? I read them somewhere but I forgot =P
You do NOT need to get 43 Prayer for DT as it is not too difficult without it. The only real part you'll need a friend in is Kamil (Ice Diamond). All you need to do is have your friend stand on the right side of you on behind the entrance rock, while you stand directly behind the rock. As soon as you see Kamil come (and I mean like a second after he appears), quickly run behind friend (being sure as to not go on top of the helping character) and quickly run back. Then, either Range or Mage him (ONLY use Fire BOLT on him), and the only thing that will hurt you is his Ice Barrage-like attack. For Damis (Shadow Diamond), all you do is enter room, lure Damis north behind a stalactite around the alcove, and Earth Blast him to death. For Dessous, just pour blood pot in to his coffin, run out side fence in front of the corner, and Wind Blast/Range him to death. For Fareed, have a few Snares with you and Water Blast runes. When you see him coming, fire one Water Bolt to him and Snare him immediately after. Repeat until defeated.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: