All Fired Up (Minigame) Guide:
Guide to getting the Inferno Adze!

By: Digitize♫

Posted Image

A player (Digitize422) wielding the Inferno Adze
Posted Image
Contents

1.0 [ Introduction ]
Hello all you Firemakers! Are you like me? Someone who hates the thought of clicking over and over again just to watch your avatar make fires? Well maybe you are, and you finally decided you were going to get your Firemaking up, just to get working on it. Well through hard work and determination, you managed to get 92. You think nothing of it, but then click on the Skill Icon, and the little message pops up: Members can now wield the Inferno Adze (after All Fired Up). And you think wow, I actually made it this far. So you decide to take a break and go through the process of filling and lighting 14 beacons all located along the edge of the wilderness. And this guide will show you how to easily get your new Adze.

Well let's get this train a rollin'.

======================

2.0 [ Requirements and Recommendations ]

Skill_Requirements:

Reason needed:

62/79/92 Firemaking

If you want the Ring of Fire or Flame Gloves, the requirements are 62 and 79 Firemaking respectively. Each add an extra 2.5% XP to each log burned. The Inferno Adze requires 92 Firemaking on the other hand.

64 Agility

This is required to use the shortcut leading to the 11th Beacon. This can be done with 59 Agility and a Summer Pie.

56/70 Smithing

56 is needed to repair the ladder leading to the 9th Beacon, while 70 (or 59 Construction) is needed to repair the ladder leading to the 13th Beacon.

42/59 Construction

42 is needed to  fix the ladder leading to the 10th Beacon, while 59 (or 70 Smithing) is required to repair the ladder leading to the 13th Beacon.

60 Crafting

This is needed to repair a Wind Blocker on the 12th Beacon.

31 Prayer

The 7th Beacon requires you to be a member of the Monastery, which requires 31 Prayer.

Skill_Recommendations

Why They Are Useful to Have:

52+ Summoning

The Spirit Terrorbird is very nice as it can hold extra logs for you, and it can restore your energy with it's Special Attack Scrolls.

40+/66+ Hunting

Allows you to wear the Spotty/Spottier Capes respectively.

61+ Magic

This is useful because it allows you to use the Trollheim Teleport Spell (provided you have completed Edgar's Ruse), which shortens the time it takes to get to Beacons 11 and 12.

[

Quest_Requirements:

Why it's Needed:

All Fired Up

This is required to unlock access to the Minigame.

Land of Goblins

It is required to light one of the Beacons.

Troll Stronghold

Required to gain access to an area containing 2 beacons.

Quest_Recommendations:

Why it's Useful:

Family Crest

This is required to access the Keeper at the 3rd Beacon.

The Garden of Tranquillity

You must give the Keeper of the 4th Beacon a White Fruit before they will tend your fire for you.

As A First Resort...

This is useful because if you jump in the Salt Water Pool just before you start your run, you will have unlimited run for an amount of time dependent on your Agility level.

Another Slice of H.A.M.

This is useful because it allows you to use the Goblin Village Teleport Sphere, which makes travel quicker between Beacons 7 and 8.

Edgar's Ruse

This is needed to unlock the Trollheim Teleport Spell, which makes travel to the 11th and 12th Beacons easier

Item_Requirements:

Why it's Needed:

300 of the same type of log

These are required for lighting the beacons, as well as keeping them lit. Maple or better are preferred.

Tinderbox

Do I really have to explain it? It's needed to start the fires.

A hammer

This is used to repair the ladders leading to Beacons 9, 10, and 13.

2/4 Iron Bars

2 are needed if you are fixing the ladder to Beacon 13 with your Construction skill (which will require a hammer, 2 planks, and 4 nails), otherwise 4 are needed.

2 Planks and 4 Nails /
4 Planks and 8 Nails

If you are fixing the ladder to Beacon 13 with Contruction, 4/8 are needed, otherwise just 2/4 are needed for Beacon 9.

A Needle and 3 Jute Fibres

These items are needed to repair the Wind Blocker on Beacon 12.

4 Law Runes/4 Fire Runes

These are needed for the Trollheim Teleport Spell, which makes travel to Beacons 11 and 12 easier.

Item_Recommendations:

Why They Are Useful:

Spirit Terrorbird Pouch and Scrolls

These are useful because they will grant you unlimited run if you have enough scrolls.

Games Necklace

This is useful for a quick teleport to the Burthrope Games Room, which is close to Beacon 9.

Super Restore Potion

It is almost certain you will need this for Beacon 12, as it is up by the God Wars Dungeon, where your stats are drained while you are in the area. Without it you might not be able to light the beacon when you get there.

Boots of Lightness

These are useful as they reduce your weight by 4.5kg, meaning you can run longer.

Spotty/Spottier Cape

They reduce your weight by 3kg and 5kg respectively.

Forinthry Brace

This item is useful as it will prevent you from being Teleblocked in the Wilderness by Renevents, so you are free to teleport if you get attacked.

======================

3.0 [ Equipment ]

While lighting all of the beacons,
your inventory should look like this:
Posted Image

While lighting all of the beacons,
your equipment should be something like this:
Posted Image
The Black Sword is used for cutting the Webs near the Mage Arena Bank.
It's a good place to bank after completing the run.

======================

4.0 [ Useful Familiars ]

Filling the Beacons:

Lighting the Beacons:

Beast of Burdens* are best.

The Spirit Terrorbird is best.

* - Beast of Burdens are useful because they allow you to carry more logs, so you have to bank less. With a War Tortoise (or a Terrorbird and a full inventory of logs) you can fill 2 beacons in one trip.

======================

5.0 [ Preparing for the Run ]

The first step to completing this Minigame is to fill all of the beacons with logs. It makes the game much easier as after that all you have to do is run through and light the beacons.

»» Beacon 1 ««
» Location: Just west of the River Salve
» Firemaking level required: 43
» Pay Keeper?: Yes.
» Keeper requirements: None.
» Items Needed: None.

Posted Image

»» Beacon 2 ««
» Location: Just west of the Limestone Mine
» Firemaking level required: 43
» Keeper requirements: None.

Posted Image

»» Beacon 3 ««
» Location: North of the Jolly Boar Inn, Level 1 Wilderness
» Firemaking level required: 48
» Keeper requirements: Completion of Family Crest.

Posted Image

»» Beacon 4 ««
» Location: West of Beacon 3
» Firemaking level required: 53
» Keeper requirements: Completion of Garden of Tranquillity and a White Tree Fruit.

Posted Image

»» Beacon 5 ««
» Location: West of Beacon 4, north of the Grand Exchange
» Firemaking level required: 59
» Pay Keeper?: No.
» Keeper requirement: None.

Posted Image

»» Beacon 6 ««
» Location: North of the Edgeville Bank
» Firemaking level required: 62
» Keeper requirement: None.
** If you are just going for the Ring of Fire then you can stop here. **

Posted Image

»» Beacon 7 ««
» Location: Northeast of the Black Knight Fortress
» Firemaking level required: 68
» Keeper requirement: 53 Prayer.

Posted Image

»» Beacon 8 ««
» Location: Northeastern part of Goblin Village
» Firemaking level required: 72
» Keeper requirement: A Davy Kebbit Hat.

Posted Image

»» Beacon 9 ««
» Location: East of the Burthrope Games Room
» Firemaking level required: 76
» Keeper requirement: Completion of A Tail of To Cats, and a Catspeak Amulet must be worn.
» Items Needed: A Hammer and 2 Iron Bars (along with 56 Smithing)

Posted Image

»» Beacon 10 ««
» Location: Western part of the level 13 Wilderness
» Firemaking level required: 79
» Keeper requirement: A raw or cooked Lava Eel (requires Heroe's Quest).
» Items Needed: A Hammer, 2 Planks, 4 Nails (along with 42 Construction)
** If you are just going for the Flame Gloves, you can stop here. **

Posted Image

»» Beacon 11 ««
» Location: Eastern part of the shortcut between Trollheim and the Wilderness
» Firemaking level required: 83
» Keeper requirement: Completion of Troll Romance and My Arm's Big Adventure.

Posted Image

»» Beacon 12 ««
» Location: Northeast of the entrance to the God Wars Dungeon
» Firemaking level required: 87
» Keeper requirement: 81 Summoning.
» Items Needed: A Needle and 3 Jute Fibres (along with 60 Crafting)

Posted Image

»» Beacon 13 ««
» Location: North of the small temple in the level 38 Wilderness. The beacon is in 40 Wilderness.
» Firemaking level required: 89
» Pay Keeper?: There is no keeper for this beacon.
» Keeper requirement: There is no keeper for this beacon.
» Items Needed: A Hammer and 2 Iron Bars (along with 70 Smithing) OR A Hammer, 2 Planks, and 4 Nails (along with 59 Construction)

Posted Image

»» Beacon 14 ««
» Location: The Frozen Waste Plateau
» Firemaking level required: 92
» Pay Keeper?: There is no keeper for this beacon.
» Keeper requirement: There is no keeper for this beacon.
» Items Needed: None

Posted Image

======================

6.0 [ Lighting All the Beacons ]

Lighting all of the beacons is very simple. Just make sure your inventory and equipment are set up like the ones in the Equipment Section. Once you are all set, just light the beacons. See below for a step-by-step walkthrough.

Step 1: Fill all of the beacons in any order you wish. This part is made much easier if you have friends waiting at beacons with logs for you.

Step 2: Get everything ready at the bank of your choice. Canifis is good since it is close to the first beacon.

Step 3: Go to the first beacon, light it, and pay the Keeper 5 logs to watch it.

Step 4: Run west to the second beacon, light it, and pay the Keeper 5 logs to watch it.

Step 5: Run west past the Lumberyard, and over the Wilderness Ditch. Light the beacon, and pay the Keeper 5 logs to watch it.

Step 6: Run west, light the fourth beacon, pay the Keeper with the last 5 logs.

Step 7: Run west, light the fifth beacon.

Step 8: Run west, cross the ditch just east of the river that runs east of Edgeville, run over the brigde and run east of the General Store. Light the sixth beacon.

Step 9: Run west to the Monastery, then run west to Ice Mountain. Run to the northeastern part and light the beacon.

Step 10: Use your Goblin Village Teleport Sphere if you have one (if not, just cross the Wilderness ditch west of the 7th beacon, and cross again south of there, and run to Goblin Village), and go to the northeastern part of the Village and light the beacon.

Step 11: Use your Games Necklace and go to the Burthrope Games Room. Go up both stairs and run east until you see the ladder. Go up it and light the beacon.

Step 12: Teleport to Trollheim, and run north. Push past the boulder or go through the crack and run northeast. Go up the ice and light the beacon (drink your super restore potion if you have to).

Step 13: Teleport to Trollheim again, but this time go east and go over the shortcut leading to the Wilderness. Light the beacon before heading in to the wilderness.

Step 14: Run south and light beacon 10 in the level 13 Wilderness.

Step 15: Run north to the beacon that is north of the small temple in the level 38 Wilderness. Climb the ladder and light the beacon.

Step 16: Go back down the ladder and run north to the final beacon on the Ice Plateau.

Step 17: Bank, and head to Varrock to claim your prize.

If you would like a map, simply click on this link and follow the lines. The colors are much simpler now than before. The lines are thicker and the numbers are bigger. Simple follow the map, alternating between the pink and white lines.
Click here for the full map. Warning. The picture is large.

======================

7.0 [ The Inferno Adze ]

Stats of the Inferno Adze:
Attack Bonuses
» Stab:+10
» Slash: +9
» Crush: +7
» Magic: 0
» Range: 0
Defence Bonuses
» Stab: 0
» Slash: +1
» Crush: 0
» Magic: 0
» Range: 0
» Summoning: 0
Other Bonuses
» Strength: +11
» Ranged Strength: 0
» Prayer: 0
» Magic Damage: 0

The Inferno Adze is a very useful tool for those who have obtained it. Not only can it be used as a Woodcutting hatchet (with speed equal to that of a Dragon Hatchet), but it can also be used as a Pickaxe, with the speed of a Rune Pickaxe.
Also, when Woodcutting, there is a 30% chance that the logs you cut will be incinerated. This will give you the normal woodcutting experience (as well as the percent bonuses of things like Lumberjack), as well as giving you the same Firemaking experience you would get as if you burned that type of log (including the percent bonuses of things like the Ring of Fire or Flame Gloves).
It allows you to chop more than the normal amount before you fill up an inventory, reducing the amount of banking needed, therefore speeding up your experience per hour.

======================

8.0 [ Frequently Asked Questions ]

Q: Isn't there a faster way to fill the beacons?

A:
Yes! Bring a friend with a have them hold logs for you! You will finish filling the beacons much quicker.

Q: Is there a way to make the run to the beacons even faster?

A:
Yes, there is. You can have a friend with Lunar Magics and 90 Magic waiting at the 10th beacon, ready to use the Group Teleport to Ice Plateau. This will take you by the 14th beacon, and only a short run from the 13th.

Q: Should I use higher leveled logs so I have more time to light them all?

A:
Maples are fine. They only last slightly less than Magic do, but for a fraction of the cost.

Log Type:

Burn Time

Normal ~13 Min.
Oak ~13.5 Min.
Willow ~14.5 Min.
Maple ~15.75 Min.
Yew ~16.5 Min.
Magic ~18 Min.

======================

9.0 [ Credits ]

Digitize♫: Wrote the guide.
Runescape Wikia: Provided information on the location of beacons, levels and items needed, and times for logs.
Killalot: Spelling mistake.

Guide Copyright Notice:
All Guides are Copyright © Zybez RuneScape Community Guides forum and the original author, 2001-2010+; All Rights Reserved.

All Guides submitted to Zybez RuneScape Community become property of the Zybez Guides forum. Use on any other website without the author's permission is PROHIBITED!

Edited by Digitize♫, 21 January 2011 - 11:17 AM.

#2 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

this guide looks really proffesional.

if you have a computer that can record your screen, i think it help alot if you record your route and how you do it all
Posted Image

#3 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

You are the reason; I don't believe!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

View PostSir_Kingst0n, on 10 January 2010 - 05:45 AM, said:

Is A Nice Guide Atm Will Be Btter Onces Your Finised It :).

View PostChristley, on 10 January 2010 - 02:30 PM, said:

this guide looks really proffesional.

if you have a computer that can record your screen, i think it help alot if you record your route and how you do it all
Thanks.
That's a pretty good idea. Maybe if I have the time one day I'll make a run through and show where all of the beacons are in-game.

Andy

#4 Zaspher

Zaspher

Back

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

Why not use a mithril sword instead of a black one? Mithril is lighter.

#5 Lord_Ariman

Lord_Ariman

• RS Name:Lord_Ariman

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

Brilliant guide! Always wondered about this lol :-P
Would be a good idea if with the step by step walk through you included a route on the world map! :-S

#6 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:18 AM

View PostAttire, on 12 January 2010 - 08:57 PM, said:

Why not use a mithril sword instead of a black one? Mithril is lighter.
Any sword can be used, I just only happened to have black from my Tormented Wraith gear.

View PostLord_Ariman, on 13 January 2010 - 03:39 AM, said:

Brilliant guide! Always wondered about this lol :thumbsup:
Would be a good idea if with the step by step walk through you included a route on the world map! :thumbsup:
That's a good idea. I'll get working on that and put it up. I tried but I was unable to make it work out like I had hoped.

Andy

Edited by Digitize422, 13 January 2010 - 07:51 AM.

#7 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:11 AM

Nice guide :thumbsup: I suggest adding a section for solely the Inferno Adze, what it's used for, it's stats, etc.

Edited by Aragon, 13 January 2010 - 09:12 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Christley

Christley

Failing since '03

• RS Name:Therealbest

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

View PostDigitize422, on 13 January 2010 - 07:18 AM, said:

Brilliant guide! Always wondered about this lol :thumbsup:
Would be a good idea if with the step by step walk through you included a route on the world map! :thumbsup:
That's a good idea. I'll get working on that and put it up. I tried but I was unable to make it work out like I had hoped.

Andy

download the worldmap from the download section on www.runescape.com and open it in paint, it will be incredibly large but you can link it when you are done with it, im sure that will work :)
Posted Image

#9 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

View PostAragon, on 13 January 2010 - 09:11 AM, said:

Nice guide :thumbsup: I suggest adding a section for solely the Inferno Adze, what it's used for, it's stats, etc.
Added. :)

View PostChristley, on 13 January 2010 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostDigitize422, on 13 January 2010 - 07:18 AM, said:

Brilliant guide! Always wondered about this lol :wub:

Andy

download the worldmap from the download section on www.runescape.com and open it in paint, it will be incredibly large but you can link it when you are done with it, im sure that will work :)
Alright, I downloaded it, I'll get it up really soon.

Andy

#10 I am Nyu

I am Nyu

Nyu!

• RS Name:Nyu Nyu
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:21 AM

To do this extremely easily just have 2-3 friends help you. Tell them which beacon to go to, and have them stand there with maple logs and wait for you to get there.

The second they trade over the logs, they run to bank and move onto the next beacon that isn't covered. (Sousing a clan chat to discuss what beacon to go to helps a lot to keep this organized)

Then all you do is simply run from beacon to beacon, without banking. You'll get the Adze no problem.

And if you don't have 2 friends willing to do this for you....... :XD: (I can understand on the later ones if your friends simply can't :P)

^ This is just an addition to your first FAQ. Don't just have a friend come with you, have them be ahead of you waiting for you.

We're seeking the [truth], "We do not care if it is a lie". As if we can see right through it, we follow it along.

@NyusFeed | YouTube

Posted Image

#11 sundays211

sundays211

• RS Name:francisg777

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

this guide realy is good, I almoast forgot it wasnt the oficial guide.
ideas for improvemet:
- add the requirements to pay the keepers to every beacon, not just the ones you recconmend to light
- in the "lighting all the becons" catergry add "step 1: add the logs to all the beacons
- make the map a lower quality, it takes way too long to load.

thats all, its realy hard to find ways to improve this guide its that good.

#12 c adae

c adae

I lost the game!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:50 PM

Nice guide.

You should put xp/hr rates so this can be compared to other training methods.
Posted Image

#13 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:42 AM

View Postc adae, on 16 February 2010 - 04:50 PM, said:

Nice guide.

You should put xp/hr rates so this can be compared to other training methods.
This isn't a method for training your Firemaking. It is a guide to show you how to get a tool that acts the part of both a pickaxe equivalent to Rune, and a hatchet equivalent to Dragon, the Inferno Adze. While I do talk about Firemaking a lot in the guide, it is because Firemaking is the main part of getting the Adze, but this is not a guide for Firemaking training.

#14 G3t r3al frub

G3t r3al frub

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:17 AM

i have a question about keep requirements do we really need those items?
http://statsigs.runeplanet.com/830.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#15 Digitize♫

Digitize♫

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

View PostG3t r3al frub, on 18 February 2010 - 08:17 AM, said:

i have a question about keep requirements do we really need those items?
No, you do not need the items for the keepers, but they are the items required if you want the person to look after the beacon for you and make sure it doesn't go out while you light the others. I suggest using the keepers on the first 4 beacons you light, but after that they are not needed.

#16 Teddy

Teddy

Excuse me?

• RS Name:Sc0rp X L R
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

Congratulations on winning the CotM award for February 2010.  Welcome to X-Mem and welcome to General Guides.  :thumbsup:

-Teddy

Edited by Teddy, 07 March 2010 - 10:57 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Mr-Jennie

Mr-Jennie

• RS Name:Mr-Jennie
  • Clan:None

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

Hey, the guide looks really nice.
I was wondering if its just me, or is the inventory image not working?

#18 Maxman

Maxman

I Know You

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

View PostMr-Jennie, on 07 March 2010 - 03:25 AM, said:

Hey, the guide looks really nice.
I was wondering if its just me, or is the inventory image not working?
It's working fine. Sometimes, image hosting websites go offline. Here's the link:

http://img683.images...100110at630.png
Retired from RuneScape | 99 Cooking | 99 Fletching | 99 Fishing | Quest cape
Posted Image- Feel free to PM Me
- Retired Zybez RS Database/Maintenance Crew
- Ex-CL of Guides
- Ex-CL of General Discussion

#19 Killalot

Killalot

That one range tank

• RS Name:Sgt Killalot

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

Nice guide, inspires me to get it kinda ha. :-(
Oh and on the skill requirements, it's "Payer" but it should be "Prayer."  :whistle:

#20 D 0 W N I E

D 0 W N I E

• RS Name:D 0 W N I E

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

do you have to pay them 5 logs to look after them or not really needed?

Posted Image
|- 138 Combat -|- Notorious App. Manager -|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: