Need Info About Warped Terrorbirds

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Aunt Diarrea

Aunt Diarrea

Forum Legend

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

Duradel says the way to kill them now is to wear earmuffs and watch for what type of attack they are vulnerable to. So I'm basically supposed to first of all use crystal chime on them, and then try slash/crush/stab to see what will do damage to them?

Also, how much of their range damage do the earmuffs reduce? I know the small terrorbirds max at 14 range before earmuffs, and the big ones max at 21.

Posted Image[/url]

Pwning n00bs since 2004
It's horrible to have Aunt Diarrea visit you, so -1 all my posts ;-)

#2 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:07 AM

Wearing Earmuffs reduces the Ranged Attack to a maximum of 2. But it might be more wise to pray Protect of Missiles, as they like to do that attack a lot. Please keep in mind they attack with both Ranged and Melee.

For your weakness question:

According to the Slayer masters' tips, there are 3 different types of warped terrorbird, each of which is more vulnerable to either Stab, Slash or Crush attacks. The difference between terrorbirds is in their head appendages.

A warped terrorbird with a wattle  and left shoulder feathers is vulnerable to Crush attacks
  • A warped terrorbird with a slug-like eye and no tail is vulnerable to Slash attacks
  • A warped terrorbird with both wattle, a slug-like eye and feathers on its tail is vulnerable to Stab attacks
Good Luck!Posted Image
Oh and you need a Crystal Chime as well, but I guess you already know that.Posted Image

Edited by The duck, 05 January 2010 - 02:08 AM.

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#3 Aunt Diarrea

Aunt Diarrea

Forum Legend

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:53 AM

Okay, what's a wattle then? :thumbsup: It's a word I do not know! :-/

Posted Image[/url]

Pwning n00bs since 2004

#4 eric170

eric170

• RS Name:We Heart RWT

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:37 AM

This should help you:

#5 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:58 AM

View PostLord V Unit, on 05 January 2010 - 02:53 AM, said:

Okay, what's a wattle then? http://forums.zybez....ault/tongue.gif It's a word I do not know! http://forums.zybez....default/sad.gif

It's that thing that is hanging under his chin.Posted Image

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#6 Aunt Diarrea

Aunt Diarrea

Forum Legend

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

So basically I'm slashing them all with a greatsword, and the vulnerability to different types of attacks does not seem to matter at all hmm...

Also the earmuffs are pointless since it's better to pray range anyway...much better to wear a black mask if you don't have the whole slayer helmet yet

Posted Image[/url]

Pwning n00bs since 2004

#7 Protoman1600

Protoman1600

Life is too short to be living somebody else's dream.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

Permanently skip them with the points from smoking kills. They are possibly the worst task in existence.

Posted Image

#8 maethoriel13

maethoriel13

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

They really are annoying.

However, if you kill the one at the very end of the tunnels, it makes things a lot easier.  There's only one in that room, so you don't get piled by a bunch of them at once.  It takes awhile to run to, but it's worth it.  Put on Protect Range as you run through the tunnels.

Usually I don't bother with earmuffs.  Guthans and Enhanced Excalibur work great so you can minimize how much food you need to use.  I usually wear Guthans, but wield a godsword until I need to heal, at which point I switch to the spear.

Good luck!
http://www.rs-tiko.com/tiko_back.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Posted Image

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

#9 Aunt Diarrea

Aunt Diarrea

Forum Legend

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

View PostProtoman1600, on 05 January 2010 - 05:57 PM, said:

Permanently skip them with the points from smoking kills. They are possibly the worst task in existence.

I will GLADLY skip them later, but it costs 100 points to do so, and I'm still working to get my slayer helm, so can't waste any points right now, and have to click those stupid chimes sometimes two times per monster!!! :'(

Posted Image[/url]

Pwning n00bs since 2004

#10 Finnius

Finnius

• RS Name:Finnius

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, wear the earmuffs/slayer helm.
I cant remember exactly how it goes, but you can tell what attack style they are vulnerable to by the orange features on their heads. tbh, i wouldnt even bother with switching styles, just train which style you want to.

The best place i think to kill them, is the first pit you come to.
After you go through the door from the first room with warped torts, run past the terrorbirds in the next room.
go down the ladder after that room, and your there.

there are two terrorbirds, with a tortise between them.
you can use the tortise to stop the opposite terrorbird getting to you.
When the birds spawn, they will attack you with range despite the tortise.
all you need to do is switch on protect from range for a second, and they will stop attacking you.
if you do it this way, you will take minimal damage and still get maximum kills, and you wont even need prayer pots!
Hi.

#11 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

View PostLord V Unit, on 05 January 2010 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostProtoman1600, on 05 January 2010 - 05:57 PM, said:

I will GLADLY skip them later, but it costs 100 points to do so, and I'm still working to get my slayer helm, so can't waste any points right now, and have to click those stupid chimes sometimes two times per monster!!! :'(
Just regular skipping costs you 35 points.
Also, if you want fast points, just do 9 task at that guy in Canifis, then the 10th task at Duradel or Kuradal.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: