While Making Overloads

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 libum1

libum1

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

POPULAR

ye so making a few atm, i recalled people often ask me how to make them. to me its pretty simple, but i thought i'd point out a few things to help some others out. mousekeys might help alot, but i personally dont use them. the rates 900k xp/h or so with chat off/full attention.

so heres a picture of how i set up my screen.
notice:
- resizeable screen, squished as small as possible (without scrollbar) horizontally. this compacts everything so X on bank is closer to inventory to the "make" option over chat bar.
- screen stretched up so exactly 6 items fit in bank
- banker (or bank chest, ideally) lined up under deposit-backpack tab

Posted Image

the method is simple. withdraw 4 of the torstol, then 5 of each of the other pots; if they're lined up properly after clicking "withdraw-5" the right click is automatically on the next potion -  you're doing half as much mouse moving, and can do it much faster just like leftclick, rightclick, movedown, repeat.

- i realise this only helps a few players, but as the best method for getting 88-99 herblore is with 3.5k overloads, this could save a few hours of messing with carpal tunnel :XD:

`kiwi, your friendly w116 herblorist

- im not claiming this to be the fastest method, or the most productive, however if you have not set up mousekeys and are not in the mood to use a bob for it, then this a general method that can allow for less effort to be used.

Edited by libum1, 13 January 2011 - 09:07 PM.

2nd maxed tank - [april 21st 07]
all buyable 99's; no nonbuyables from [january 4th 2009 - january 18th 2010]
5th person to complete sigilset in drops - [november 30th 09]
previously rank 1 at duel tournaments, rank 7 mage

#2 C o c o 9 3

C o c o 9 3

whats skilling?

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

hopefully i will use this tip in a couple months

#3 Jioxas

Jioxas

• RS Status:Member

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

Always wondered how to make those pots =D

Posted Image

Mercedes GP Petronas Formula 1 Team Supporter
Liverpool F.C. Supporter

#4 Crush

Crush

:: Self-Proclaimed Legend ::

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:24 AM

The only problem is ever getting 92-96 herblore ^_^, but maybe someday I'll get the money to blow on the skill.

Thanks for another great tip Libum :XD:, your tips are amazing ^_^.

#5 Snowstorm

Snowstorm

Blazing Hot

• RS Name:U C B
  • Clan:Envy

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

So you first have to make all the extreme's and then you make an overload? Are overloads useful, cause that is going to be one hell of a lot of money you are spending there. It is a good tip, if I ever have enough money to want to do Herblore, I may do this. Thanks!

~p
Posted Image

#6 ƒ this.

ƒ this.

Steroid Muncher

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:29 AM

If I ever find 200M or so or the floor, I'll be sure to take you up on this tip. Nice tip, though. :XD:

~Pigy
ALL CAPS GET AT ME

~Ex - Runescaper~

#7 majin_buu139

majin_buu139

• RS Name:majin_buu139

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:28 AM

hey libum i have a question, when you take a dose of the overload potion dont you lose like 50 hp?

#8 libum1

libum1

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:02 AM

overloads are primarily used by high level bosshunters. such uses are dagganoth kings (hybrid/tribrid), tormented demons (some tend to prefer extremes), and specifically solo/duo armadyl/bandos, and small manning corp beast, where brews are your primary hp-source, so you can stay potted but not lose your stats.
majin, yes you lose 50 hp, but its gained back at the end of the 5 minutes (though doesnt go over 99). so generally you heal up when you use it (excalibur special recharges in exactly 5 minutes as well, so thats 20 of the 50 hp back, and sometimes all you need) and then with practise you'll learn to know when its going to wear off, and time it so you're close to 50 hp when it heals you to make it all back.

i can understand for skillers, overloads arent really necessary, but for anyone who would use them they are amazing. calced today (mid prices) at 27 gp per experience for the whole overload (2.2k xp for all 6 potions total) which is at most 2-3 gp over the cheapest herblore methods, its also much faster (no herb in vial step, only making the potions) and of course they're prettymuch the highest potions you can make, rewarding you with faster xp. the price is without selling these [priceless] potions, compared to lower ones where you would have sold them back and have no end product. 3.5k equates to over 850 hours worth of monsterhunting - you will without a doubt make it back. personally, i've made over 1.8b off monster drops since they were released and i've only used 700 or so.

#9 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:48 AM

I'd love to be able to make these little treasures someday, considering I'm now at 84 herblore. I'm sure this will help a lot of people, particularly those who stew their way temporarily to 96 herblore.

Very good tip, and a +1 from me.

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

#10 »Beanie«

»Beanie«

• RS Name:da_beanie

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Very nice tip, this will come in handy in 29 herblore levels :\

View PostThe Zane, on 30 May 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

regardless if rot/ di even did team up (lol), why would it be such a big deal.

ex-RDK Leader
ex-Corruption member (was app manager but got demoted lol like i mean y i accepted 2 whole apps in 3 months and they still wanted more lol)

#11 Angury

Angury

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

Useful tip, I'll probably use it when I eventually train Herblore.

Only problem is that I'm not much of a boss hunter, so these pots are going to end up rotting in my bank. The only combat I do anymore is Slayer. I wish these pots were tradeable, but at least their great exp.

Posted Image

#12 The Oger

The Oger

• RS Name:Sn1p3r R3ng3

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

thanks

#13 ecotecv

ecotecv

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for sharing.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Great tip Libum - Although I can't afford 96 herblore at the moment, maybe in two years when I can this awesome tip will come in handy :ph34r:

Posted Image

#15 October Sky

October Sky

The Original Tomb Raider

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

View Postlibum1, on 01 January 2010 - 05:02 AM, said:

overloads are primarily used by high level bosshunters. such uses are dagganoth kings (hybrid/tribrid), tormented demons (some tend to prefer extremes), and specifically solo/duo armadyl/bandos, and small manning corp beast, where brews are your primary hp-source, so you can stay potted but not lose your stats.
majin, yes you lose 50 hp, but its gained back at the end of the 5 minutes (though doesnt go over 99). so generally you heal up when you use it (excalibur special recharges in exactly 5 minutes as well, so thats 20 of the 50 hp back, and sometimes all you need) and then with practise you'll learn to know when its going to wear off, and time it so you're close to 50 hp when it heals you to make it all back.

i can understand for skillers, overloads arent really necessary, but for anyone who would use them they are amazing. calced today (mid prices) at 27 gp per experience for the whole overload (2.2k xp for all 6 potions total) which is at most 2-3 gp over the cheapest herblore methods, its also much faster (no herb in vial step, only making the potions) and of course they're prettymuch the highest potions you can make, rewarding you with faster xp. the price is without selling these [priceless] potions, compared to lower ones where you would have sold them back and have no end product. 3.5k equates to over 850 hours worth of monsterhunting - you will without a doubt make it back. personally, i've made over 1.8b off monster drops since they were released and i've only used 700 or so.

If I'm not mistaken, you can regain 50 HP before the 5 minutes are up with brews. Also, th effect of overloads means that the penalty effects of brews are negated, meaning that you can use a brews without the need for super restores.

#16 X New Born X

X New Born X

• RS Name:Arne

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

Nice tip, should have the money to get 96 in a few weeks..  :ph34r:

Posted Image

#17 libum1

libum1

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

View PostOctober Sky, on 18 January 2010 - 12:28 PM, said:

If I'm not mistaken, you can regain 50 HP before the 5 minutes are up with brews. Also, th effect of overloads means that the penalty effects of brews are negated, meaning that you can use a brews without the need for super restores.

first off, the knowledge base does not always describe how things work in rs properly - especially overloads.
i've no idea what exactly you're trying to point out, or the intent of your post.
of course you can brew up after using it. however, using an extra brew every 5 minutes will make you last shorter then you would with extreme pots - whats the point? the idea is to stay at a monster as long as possible, and every place you make the best of your inventory as you can. if a monster is too easy (you dont use much food) then taking a yak to bank less-valuable drops which add up is more productive, or if soloing/duoing godwars that extra 50 hp is very important. overload only restores your stats every 15 seconds, and only 2 brew doses worth at a time (and only 7 mage lvls per restore, which is not even a brew dose worth, which matters alot at places such as arma/bandos or corp beast). so for those 15 seconds, your stats are lower, which means youre hitting less, in turn getting hit more, and wasting valuable time.
hope that answers your question

#18 Whalemuffin

Whalemuffin

Still I Rise

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

Good work.

Posted Image

1/23/2013

Ranked #1 Tank on Challenger ladder in NA

Ranked #2 Blaster on Challenger ladder in NA

Ranked #1 Blaster on Challenger ladder in EU

#19 Protoman1600

Protoman1600

Life is too short to be living somebody else's dream.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

I made some the other day with both the yak method of 5 per inventory, then the regular method of 4. Personally prefer the method of doing 4. Simpler and about the same speed per hour. It's also easier to use with mousekeys since all you have to do is move the mouse over each pot, double tap "+" on the numpad and you withdraw 4.

Also prefer Zarfot's layout. It's on fixed detail mode and the pots are like this:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 libum1

libum1

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

View PostProtoman1600, on 05 April 2010 - 07:24 PM, said:

I made some the other day with both the yak method of 5 per inventory, then the regular method of 4. Personally prefer the method of doing 4. Simpler and about the same speed per hour. It's also easier to use with mousekeys since all you have to do is move the mouse over each pot, double tap "+" on the numpad and you withdraw 4.

Also prefer Zarfot's layout. It's on fixed detail mode and the pots are like this:
http://i552.photobuc...rloadlayout.png
yea, this was posted before he developed his method, and that did appear more productive. personally havnt got into mousekeys, but you're right it makes this thread redundant.
not sure why you prefer his layout though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: