Lootshare Or Coinshare?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MarkLy23

MarkLy23

• RS Name:Markly23
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

I've been going to Bandos for exactly a week now. And I've earned around 9.6m in splits, along with maybe another million gp or so from miscellaneous drops. For me, that is excellent. Especially considering that before that my net worth was around 17m  :lol: . Anyways, I made around 7m in drops but then decided to switch to ls. Missed around 2 chestplates and tassets, a bunch of shards, and a few boots. My plan was to continue with ls masses and I'd eventually get a big drop (as in tassets, chestplate, or even hilt). So at this point I had quite a lot of lsp, and I went to another mass, thinking it was ls. It turned out to be cs instead with around 15-25 people! When there was only 12 people, we got a Bandos boots split and a tassets split. Equaling to around 2.5m within 15 minutes!

This gave me second thoughts, maybe cs is a better option. Cs is consistent money, but a 25m+ drop instantly would be quite nice. What do you think I should do, stay with ls or cs? Anyways, the reason why I'm asking this is because I've got  a long Christmas break which has just begun, and I'm planning on spending most of my Runescape time during it at Bandos. I'd just like to know which would make me money. To be honest, I can see myself ending Christmas break without anything to show for with ls, but I'm not sure.

So, ls or cs?
Posted Image

#2 A Napkinnn

A Napkinnn

• RS Name:A Napkinnn
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

I think if its over a 4 man team cs isnt worth it. Id rather have 5mil lsp than 5 mil cash, lsp stacks up and once its really high u could try going to zammy,sara, or corp masses and get more than just a 25mil drop.

#3 bolsh

bolsh

understanding

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

Well, look at it this way: Coinsharing is the safest way for you to go about monster killing, because no matter what happens, you're going to get money from a drop [if the drop comes]. Loothsharing isn't as safe because you might miss a drop, even if you're the highest LSP, and that could ruin it somewhat. However, lootsharing is a great idea because if you do get that drop, it makes it all worth while.

tl;dr, if you want money right away, go for coinsharing. If not, stick with lootsharing until you get the drop you want.
"Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#4 Smooth

Smooth

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

Honestly, if I'm low on cash or I am like 2mil from getting that Ags or Plate I want, I coinshare. Other than that I prefer lootshare. I'd rather miss out on the probably ~5mil coins I would get a trip, in order to have the chance to get a bandos hilt for example.

Only exception to this rule for me is DKS, and TDS, because I only duo with my best mates who prefer the cash than possible LSP.

#5 libum1

libum1

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:30 AM

in the long run, lootshare is more productive, especially if you're bandosing every day. smaller teams would be more productive though. the 2.5m csing was just luck, being on ls/cs doesnt mean more or less drops.

more info:
http://forums.zybez....re-points-work/
2nd maxed tank - [april 21st 07]
all buyable 99's; no nonbuyables from [january 4th 2009 - january 18th 2010]
5th person to complete sigilset in drops - [november 30th 09]
previously rank 1 at duel tournaments, rank 7 mage

#6 Vinny`

Vinny`

Keep it simple .

• RS Name:Vinnn
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:33 AM