#1 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

• RS Name:Submersion
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:None

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

Hunting Penguins!

Hunting Penguins can bring in a a healthy amount of experience in difficult skills such as Summoning, Prayer, Hitpoints, Slayer, Farming, and more. The formula is 25*<Skill Level>*<Penguin Points>. There are 10 new Penguins to hunt each week. All 10 Penguins are worth 1 Penguin point at first. After completion of the "Cold War" quest, the 5 harder Penguins give 2 Penguin points each. After completion of the "Hunt for Red Raktuber" quest, there is also an immobile Polar bear that stays in 1 well around RuneScape. He is worth 1 Point. I recommend hunting these beasts with the World 60 Penguin Hunters. Their current RuneScape forum topic can be found as the first link by searching for "Penguin locations." This thread provides clan chat information, Penguins' locations and their value. Pretty much every mode of transportation is useful here, and expect to be hopping all around RuneScape.

Clan Chats in Order of Use:

World60pengs
W60_PenguinS
W60pengS
W60pengu

Transportation Recommendations
(Always Useful)

Bull Ant/Spirit Terrorbird + 50 Unburden/Tireless Run Scrolls OR
Energy Potions
You will be doing a lot of running! Make sure to bring an Energy recovering system.

Ring of Dueling
This is probably the most useful item for Penguin hunting. Quick access to the CW bank and Yannile are among its many useful features. Keep in mind that there will generally be 1-2 Penguins each week trapped in Yannile's walls.

Dramen Staff/Lunar Staff
Fairy Rings are an invaluable resource to Penguin hunting. Bring a Dramen/Lunar Staff or regret it.

Ring of Slaying
This is, simply, the fastest way to get to a Fairy Ring. If you haven't purchased the ability to make them, I highly suggest doing so (and just have a high level crafter assisting you to make a load).

Teleport Runes (House/Varrock/Ardougne/Falador/Lumbridge)
Teleports are also among the necessities for Penguin hunting. For example, teleporting to one's House is a great way to quickly reach out-of-the-way places that are not otherwise easily accessible (Brimhaven, Relekka, Yannile). I recommend putting an Amulet of Glory in your House, as well as a Canifis portal preferably.

Transportation Recommendations
(Sometimes Useful)

Games Necklace

Uses include quick access to the Wilderness Volcano bank for Wilderness Penguins, Barbarian Stronghold for Baxtorian/Lighthouse Penguins,

Skills Necklace
The Skill Necklace allows players to teleport to the Fishing, Crafting, Mining, and Cooking Guilds, and is very useful for Penguin Hunting.

Combat Bracelet
These enchanted Dragonstone bracelets can teleport players to the Monastery west of Edgeville, the Warrior's Guild, Champion's Guild, and Ranging Guild. Its main teleport location is the Monastery, which is useful for Wilderness Penguins.

Explorer Ring 3
The Explorer Ring 3 can be very useful as Penguins often get stuck in the farm south of Falador, and quite near the teleport point. It is also useful for quickly getting to the Etcetra boats (make sure to use it on the nearby Bank Deposit Box or you won't be able to board).

Ectophial
Useful to quickly get to the common Port Phasmatys Penguin, or the somewhat rarer Dragontooth Isle Penguin.

Teleport Crystal
Penguins are often found in the city of Lletya, making this item rather useful (available after Mourning's Ends Part I).

Broom
Wonderful for quick access to the Shanty Pass for desert Penguins.

Enchanted Lyre
This item can be obtained after "
The Fremennik Trials" quest, and teleports you to the Relekka entrance. Its charges can be recharged using raw fish. For more information, check out its link.

Fremennik Sea Boots 2/3
These can teleport you to the entrance at Relekka once a day, great for accessing Relekka/Neitiznot/Jatizo Penguins.

Runes for NPC Contact
This rather cheap Lunar spell can eliminate the need to search through Quick Chat to see how many Penguins you have remaining, and is also useful to claim rewards with Larry/Chuck. If you are close to the level you are planning to train with your Penguin Points, contacting Larry/Chuck and claiming xp as you find the Penguins could let you get a bit more experience for following Penguin Points earned (since higher levels give more experience per Penguin Point).

Ardougne Cloak 1/2/3
All Ardougne Cloaks have the ability to infinitely teleport players to the Monastery south of Ardougne. This is helpful for accessing Ardougne Penguins.

Possible Penguin Locations

Al-Kharid (1 Point)
Sawmill (1 Point)
Lumbridge (1 Point)
Varrock (1 Point)
Ice Mountain (1 Point)
Witchaven (1 Point)
Brimhaven (1 Point)
Karamja (1-2 Points)
Mudskipper Isle (1 Point)
Moss Le'Harmless (2 Points)
Tree Gnome Village (1-2 Points)
Tree Gnome Stronghold (2 points)
Castle Wars (2 Points)
Ardougne (2 Points)
Port Phasmatys (2 Points)
Dragontooth Isle (2 Points)
Mort Myre (2 Points)
Canifis (1-2 Points)
Lunar Isle (2 Points)
Relekka (2 Points)
Neitiznot (2 Points)
Jatizo (2 Points)
High Wilderness (2 Points)
Low Wilderness (2 Points)
Sophanem (2 Points)
Lletya (2 Points)

Notes

1. The Quick Chat interface can be useful for finding out how many Penguins you have remaining that week if you do not/cannot use the Lunar spell, NPC Contact. <planning to add accessing info>

2. All Penguin Points can be exchanged with Larry in the Ardgoune Zoo. If a player has completed the "Hunt for Red Raktuber" quest, a polar bear named Chuck will assist you in Larry's place.

3. Larry/Chuck can hold 50 Penguin Points at a time.

4. One Penguin Point can either be exchanged for experience (25*<Skill Level>*<Penguin Points>) or 6,500 gp.

5. All Penguin Points are turned in at once, and can not be split among more than one Skill.

Thanks for visiting, and be sure to visit my other Tips!

Looking for an Alternative to Sharks?
The Perfect PK'ing Boots
Speeding up Grand Exchange Buying/Selling
Tired of killing Black Dragons for Slayer?

Edited by AGS Lover, 14 May 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Idare

Idare

Fun sized

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:54 AM

I lost track of the clan chats - and what's the forum topic? I can't find it. I know that Canadian Grrl did them, but I don't know what to search.
Posted Image

#3 Tay

Tay

• RS Name:Tayze
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:08 AM

View PostIdare, on 24 December 2009 - 12:54 AM, said:

I lost track of the clan chats - and what's the forum topic? I can't find it. I know that Canadian Grrl did them, but I don't know what to search.
Primary clan chat is "World60pengs" and here's a link to the forum topic on the RSOF: http://services.rune...76,365,60095328

#4 tgibbo1

tgibbo1

• RS Name:GlBBO

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

Theres about 4 cc's, the main one being "World60pengs". Search on the forums in distractions and diversions, it has a list of all the pengs in the week also.

Also you might wanna add ecto tokens and ghostspeak ammy to the items needed, as every few weeks there is a penguin on dragontooth island.

#5 Ay Ok

Ay Ok

• RS Name:Royale

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

All I got from this was you telling us to go to the rsof and look for their thread. None of the other information is in-depth or useful enough to be helpful. You're missing a lot of transportation methods, and no info like the names of the clan chats..

I personally find the broom to be an excellent method of reaching the desert.

Edited by Ay Ok, 24 December 2009 - 01:15 AM.

#6 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:37 AM

As said above, it is the first hit when searching "Penguin locations."

#7 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:17 AM

Do them every week- it really pays off ^_^ Definitely great to use it on the buyables that are way out of reach at the moment (Prayer, Herblore, or maybe Summoning).

Posted Image

#8 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

View PostSanta Hat, on 24 December 2009 - 10:17 AM, said:

Do them every week- it really pays off ^_^ Definitely great to use it on the buyables that are way out of reach at the moment (Prayer, Herblore, or maybe Summoning).

I personally like to use it on Summoning as it gets me up to 24,400 Summoning xp/week - nearly as much xp as 50 of the highest level Blue Charm pouch I can make (Steel Minotaur). This not necessarily saves money, but certainly saves a lot of time.

Edited by lmomjian, 24 December 2009 - 02:57 PM.

#9 Ramu

Ramu

Andy is a fishy pumpkin

• RS Name:Ramu

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

Very nice guide. It is more helpful than the forum post on runescape.com. Under the Transportation Recommendations you might want to add an enchanted lyre. Obtained after "The Fremennik Trials Quest" it is great for speedy trips to Rellekka.  :XD:

- Ramu

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#10 Keddy

Keddy

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

View PostRamuhitsuji, on 26 January 2010 - 02:18 AM, said:

Very nice guide. It is more helpful than the forum post on runescape.com. Under the Transportation Recommendations you might want to add an enchanted lyre. Obtained after "The Fremennik Trials Quest" it is great for speedy trips to Rellekka.  :thumbsup:

- Ramu

This, and also Freminnik Sea Boots. Maybe Explorer's Ring 3 for Cabbage-Port.

Also various POH locations to teleport to.

#11 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

View PostKeddy, on 26 January 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

View PostRamuhitsuji, on 26 January 2010 - 02:18 AM, said:

Very nice guide. It is more helpful than the forum post on runescape.com. Under the Transportation Recommendations you might want to add an enchanted lyre. Obtained after "The Fremennik Trials Quest" it is great for speedy trips to Rellekka. :rolleyes:

- Ramu

This, and also Freminnik Sea Boots. Maybe Explorer's Ring 3 for Cabbage-Port.

Also various POH locations to teleport to.

Oh my, did I not include the beloved Lumby Ring 3? :-P

Thanks everyone. Updated.

Wait.... Teleport to House was mentioned, and so was the Explorer Ring 3.

Edited by lmomjian, 27 January 2010 - 03:55 PM.

#12 Setanta

Setanta

Pedro lacks political experience.

• RS Name:Suil Eile
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:Clan?

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

Running around looking for all the penguins is a massive pain if you aren't well equipped with those teleports. They are a godsend. ;-)

[Retired Events Team Member]
Posted Image
[Retired General Discussion CL]

#13 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

View PostSetanta, on 22 March 2010 - 01:04 PM, said:

Running around looking for all the penguins is a massive pain if you aren't well equipped with those teleports. They are a godsend. B-)

True, true ;-)

#14 I am Nyu

I am Nyu

Nyu!

• RS Name:Nyu Nyu
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

You're missing Combat Bracelet and Skills Necklace. (both of which can help a lot)

Ardougne Cloak 2/3 can be pretty useful as well.

We're seeking the [truth], "We do not care if it is a lie". As if we can see right through it, we follow it along.

@NyusFeed | YouTube

Posted Image

#15 The Epoch

The Epoch

Completionist

• RS Name:The Epoch

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Dont forget the spy notebook.

I find it useful to see how much penguins I have left. Although I think you can use QC to find it.

#16 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

Thanks guys. I will add Aroudnge Cloaks, Skill Necklaces, Combat Bracelets, and of course the Quick Chat thingy.

#17 Cavan

Cavan

merp

• RS Name:Cavan
  • Clan:zybeznet

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

Don't forget to add Lunar Spell NPC Contact, contact Larry anytime, anywhere  :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#18 Shrimz

Shrimz

• RS Name:Shrimzy

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

How exactly does this work? Do the penguins stay in the same spot throughout the week?

#19 AGS Lover

AGS Lover

highly illogical.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

View PostMiner Disturbance, on 05 April 2010 - 06:50 PM, said:

Don't forget to add Lunar Spell NPC Contact, contact Larry anytime, anywhere :thumbsup:

Thanks, I will definitely add this.

View PostShrimz, on 05 April 2010 - 07:40 PM, said:

How exactly does this work? Do the penguins stay in the same spot throughout the week?

The Penguins have a location on the RS map to each week that is carried across every world, but the penguins in different worlds move around quite a bit (a "Draynor" penguin may be found in Lumbridge, etc). This is why a clan that covers one world is so useful.

#20 Anti-Troll

Anti-Troll

永远

• RS Name:Drill Sarge
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

Quite possibly better than any penguin guide that I've seen so far, thanks a lot. :-)

~Anti-Troll

您好! 我叫Anti-Troll。  我在美国出生,和在美国住在。 我是中国人!

继续做真实的自己。

Zybez Blogs Team Member

Proud Atheist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: