Web Development Programming Runescape problem

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Nimraynn

Nimraynn

• RS Name:CDTi
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

This is a pretty cool idea :) I've never really looked into RS apps for Mac, but I remember using these programs on Windows years ago and they were very helpful  :#

#42 Kristofer

Kristofer

• RS Name:3hg
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

Wow, i've been dissapointed with my new mbp performance with runescape with it crashing every now and again and small other annoying bugs, i hope this will sort it out.

if it does, I owe you one!
I do not require a Signature thank you very much.

#43 dTwizy

dTwizy

• RS Name:dTwizy
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

View PostKristofer, on 22 August 2010 - 04:50 PM, said:

Wow, i've been dissapointed with my new mbp performance with runescape with it crashing every now and again and small other annoying bugs, i hope this will sort it out.

That's most likely an issue with nvidia cards and 10.6.4

Downgrade to 10.6.3 if possible.

#44 Kristofer

Kristofer

• RS Name:3hg

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

View PostdTwizy69, on 22 August 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostKristofer, on 22 August 2010 - 04:50 PM, said:

That's most likely an issue with nvidia cards and 10.6.4

Downgrade to 10.6.3 if possible.

It's definately not that, im on 10.6.3, but there were just a few problems which continued to annoy me, like when i would swap windows the graphics would render quite right.
I do not require a Signature thank you very much.

#45 Maizuh

Maizuh

• RS Name:Maizuh
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

I could not be any more grateful for this thank you so much!

#46 a t l boy 0o

a t l boy 0o

Turm prod :) #ATL

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

i <3 it
#Haste Son

#47 dTwizy

dTwizy

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

Just added support for Conquest on the Highscores lookup, as well as free and members combat level calculations.

I have been working as an iPhone programmer for the past one and a half months now so I am getting quite good at Objective C. When I have time (this will probably be when I've finished Uni in about 3 months) I want to rewrite the entire program from scratch. Back when I started this I didn't know any Objective C so a lot of the code is sloppy. When I get around to this I will add things such as a GE loopup (populating tables isn't as straight forward as C# and Java), and also an update checker to tell you when there's a new version available. I'm sure I'll get more ideas between now and then but those are things I've been wanting myself for a while.

#48 dTwizy

dTwizy

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

View PostdTwizy69, on 04 September 2010 - 09:05 AM, said:

Just added support for Conquest on the Highscores lookup, as well as free and members combat level calculations.

I have been working as an iPhone programmer for the past one and a half months now so I am getting quite good at Objective C. When I have time (this will probably be when I've finished Uni in about 3 months) I want to rewrite the entire program from scratch. Back when I started this I didn't know any Objective C so a lot of the code is sloppy. When I get around to this I will add things such as a GE loopup (populating tables isn't as straight forward as C# and Java), and also an update checker to tell you when there's a new version available. I'm sure I'll get more ideas between now and then but those are things I've been wanting myself for a while.
Ok a few weeks back I was at work with nothing to do so I started this. I rewrote everything from the ground up and it's going pretty well.

This is a list of current features:
- Hiscore lookup
- Mouse rollovers for XP (like SwiftKit)
- Item lookup (double click one to bring up its GE page)
- Lookup fields save previous searches
- Ability to add custom links
- Preferences window
- Update checker
- Custom notes that save on exit
- Mouse Keys (you can set positions and use hot keys to use them)

I am still looking for ideas so if anyone has anything they would like to see let me know :thumbsup:

#49 I am Malazan

I am Malazan

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

this is incredible!!! now all i need is for Jagex to fix the minimap problem...

#50 silky

silky

my street critics all say 'it is what it is'

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:53 PM

Oooh, so we can write our own scripts to improve it(if we learn java :-P )?nice

Edited by Zerg, 28 November 2010 - 10:53 PM.

PURE CAN VENG AT 10 DEFENCE PK VID 4!
Posted Image

PURE CAN VENG AT 10 DEFENCE PK VID 3!

#51 dTwizy

dTwizy

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

View PostZerg, on 28 November 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

Oooh, so we can write our own scripts to improve it(if we learn java :XD: )?nice
It's open source and uses Objective-C, so you can improve it that way.

Anyway, I have read something recently about software that moves the mouse that is not built in to the operating system is against Jagex's rules. Does anyone know anything about this and can confirm either way? Maybe a J-mod forum post or something.

I wont do anymore work on it until I find out - the next part I was planning to do was saving the mouse coordinates so you didn't need to set up mouse keys every time, but I'm stuck until I find out if they're allowed or not :suspect:

#52 Klutzy

Klutzy

• RS Name:Kltz
  • Clan:Rot
  • Team:Bison

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

View PostdTwizy, on 29 November 2010 - 03:45 AM, said:

Oooh, so we can write our own scripts to improve it(if we learn java :unsure: )?nice

Anyway, I have read something recently about software that moves the mouse that is not built in to the operating system is against Jagex's rules. Does anyone know anything about this and can confirm either way? Maybe a J-mod forum post or something.

I wont do anymore work on it until I find out - the next part I was planning to do was saving the mouse coordinates so you didn't need to set up mouse keys every time, but I'm stuck until I find out if they're allowed or not :wub:

My understanding is that as long as you are pushing a button it's legal. It just cant automate multiple clicks.

Posted Image
Solace Co-Leader

#53 dTwizy

dTwizy

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

View PostKlutzy, on 29 November 2010 - 08:54 PM, said:

View PostdTwizy, on 29 November 2010 - 03:45 AM, said:

Oooh, so we can write our own scripts to improve it(if we learn java :unsure: )?nice

I wont do anymore work on it until I find out - the next part I was planning to do was saving the mouse coordinates so you didn't need to set up mouse keys every time, but I'm stuck until I find out if they're allowed or not :wub:

My understanding is that as long as you are pushing a button it's legal. It just cant automate multiple clicks.
Hmm cool, if that's true then mine would be allowed. I would still like a confirmation if anybody can provide one :wub:

#54 Zpoon

Zpoon

hey

• RS Name:ZPUN
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:55 PM

http://www.runescape...rty_software.ws

If you take a look at the TOS, rule 3 is:

Software that generates input to our game applets. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses.

As far as I'm aware as long as there is one input for every output, it is allowed. I'm sure it's the same as using hotkey applications, and those are OK to use. It's a pretty good idea if you ask me, mind if I steal it?

By the way I wouldn't trust jmod posts, we (the swiftkit staff) have stopped trusting them for a while now. On so many occasions they've said things, and only have another say the complete opposite on another topic. They are not consistent. We've learned to strictly use the 3rd party rules as our guide and work from that.

Just wanna say you've got a great product here, just took a look at it now. Keep it up! :)

Edited by Zpoon, 30 November 2010 - 12:00 AM.

Those who talk don't know. And those who know don't talk.
Posted Image
http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape

#55 Mishari

Mishari

• RS Name:Viperized

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

Would be nice if you made this for Windows aswell :D i've always wanted something like that.. I tried doing that but since im just a beginner with C++ i failed :/

#56 Mak

Mak

• RS Name:Mak
  • Clan:Surreal

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

View PostShaydx, on 30 November 2010 - 11:01 AM, said:

Would be nice if you made this for Windows aswell :D i've always wanted something like that.. I tried doing that but since im just a beginner with C++ i failed :/

SwiftKit

Edited by Mak, 07 December 2010 - 11:04 PM.

#57 Jack.

Jack.

合氣

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

Looks good  :blink:

#58 Puff Pastry

Puff Pastry

Representin' The 242

• RS Name:Puff Pastry
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

Wow, this helps so much.  :unsure:

#59 dTwizy

dTwizy

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

Hey all. Don't think I've forgotten about this project, it's actually quite the opposite.

http://www.bluelight...wiftkit-for-mac

Thanks everybody for the support on this thread :-S

#60 dTwizy

dTwizy

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

Ok this is public now
http://forums.zybez....-now-available/

Download from
http://swiftkit.net/...e=downloads-mac

The old Source Forge project will stay, but I hereby declare it dead, everybody switch to the bigger better version :thumbsup:

I will leave this topic open for a week or two for people to pop the champaign etc etc, then the party is over :hi:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: