SourceForge Page: https://sourceforge..../runescape4mac/
SourceForge Site: http://runescape4mac.sourceforge.net/
Screenshot: http://img180.images...creenshotch.jpg [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
To develop on it, you will need Xcode, which is provided free by Apple (Mac only): http://developer.app...om/tools/xcode/
About a year ago (from date posted) I made my own stand alone RuneScape client for the Mac - one that pretty much mimicked Jagex's client. I kept it to myself up until I gave it to Maxman. This is open source, so if you wish to help out I would appreciate it. Here is a list of things I don't know how to do myself:
- Add rollover to the stats labels to display experience for each skill
- Focus back to the RS applet (so you don't need to click it every time you hide/show the stats lookup
If you're wanting to use this, download and drag the RS application to the Applications folder.
The main reason I made it was because RuneScape on the Mac has a few major problems when played in a web browser:
- Web browsing and 'scaping on the same browser will sometimes crash, not fun when you are somewhere dangerous
- For some reason when you switch between tabs or windows in your browser, the RuneScape applet will reselect itself pulling you back to the tab or window RuneScape is on, quite annoying
- Hiscore lookup side window (command E to show/hide)
- Prevents accidental window closing (accidentally pushing command W - to quit go through the menu or command Q)
If you want to change the URL the application redirects to on startup (eg: straight to the game page - it would be against the RS rules for me to do this and distribute it myself ), locate the application, right click and select "Show Package Contents", open Contents/Resources/runescape.html in TextEdit or similar then just edit the URL.
The logo isn't that great if somebody wants to redo it, make sure it is a high res png with an alpha channel.
Edited by dTwizy69, 25 March 2010 - 8:42 PM.