Dragon Dagger Or Bgs? - What'S Better For Training?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 W13

W13
  • RS Name:W13
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

I'm training at the Living Rock caverns (see my stats in my sig). What's better for melee training: Bandos Godsword or Dragon Dagger?

I find the BGS to be too slow and the special isn't that spectacular (and it's 2-hander). But the d-dagger is really weak.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#2 MichiganUnit

MichiganUnit

Eat. Sleep. Breathe Carolina.

• RS Name:Arry Pottuh

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

Try dragon scimitar or sara sword? Both are better for training than those two items.

#3 dotLee

dotLee

I less than 3 you.

• RS Name:dotLee
  • Clan:zchat

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

View PostW13, on 12 December 2009 - 04:10 PM, said:

I'm training at the Living Rock caverns (see my stats in my sig). What's better for melee training: Bandos Godsword or Dragon Dagger?

I find the BGS to be too slow. But the d-dagger is really weak.

Yeah, both are bad for training. If you can afford it, use a Whip, if not, a Dragon Scimi should be good.

Posted Image

#4 Shadowandy

Shadowandy

Ba-Ba Boomkin!

• RS Name:Shadowandy

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

It also depends what type of NPCs you're training on. If you're training on NPCs weak to Crush Attacks just change your Bandos Godsword to Crush Style and it'll be better than Slash Style with it or the Dragon Dagger.

#5 Lemon bonbons

Lemon bonbons

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

If you can, get a dragon scimitar since that weapon ranks as one of the best weapons for training, or better yet, the almight abyssal whip. The dragon dagger can be handy for it's special attack, only using up 25% and striking twice. A dragon longsword works fine too I reckon.

Posted Image  Posted Image

こんにちは皆さん、レモンボンボンです。日本語が好きだけど、下手です。それで終わります。よろしくお願いします。

#6 W13

W13
  • RS Name:W13

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:49 PM

View PostMonky92, on 12 December 2009 - 04:38 PM, said:

If you can, get a dragon scimitar since that weapon ranks as one of the best weapons for training, or better yet, the almight abyssal whip. The dragon dagger can be handy for it's special attack, only using up 25% and striking twice. A dragon longsword works fine too I reckon.

D Scimitar's special sucks for training. I have a whip too.

It's pretty sad that BGS is so expensive yet it sucks for training?

So, out of D-Scim, BGS, Whip, or Dagger,  what's the best for training melee stats? (I know whip isn't for strength, but that's okay I can train attack and def)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#7 Shauly

Shauly

Ruiner of Dreams

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

Out of all those choices, I would recommend the whip. Daggers are good for the special, as is the BGS, but both don't really do well for training. The only reason to use a GS to train, in my opinion, would be to use the SGS for it's healing special. The dragon scimitar is not a bad choice either, but if you aren't training strength, definitely go with the whip.

Shauly
{Retired Senior Moderator}
{Retired Achievements Leader}

#8 Ahilis

Ahilis

beautiful

• RS Name:CLGG
  • Clan:Clanless

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

Just use whip for attack and def, dragon scim for strength and drag dagger for spec.
ex-Divine Forces Senior Member (18 months)

#9 Alphanos

Alphanos

Quester

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

View PostW13, on 12 December 2009 - 05:49 PM, said:

View PostMonky92, on 12 December 2009 - 04:38 PM, said:

D Scimitar's special sucks for training. I have a whip too.

It's pretty sad that BGS is so expensive yet it sucks for training?

So, out of D-Scim, BGS, Whip, or Dagger,  what's the best for training melee stats? (I know whip isn't for strength, but that's okay I can train attack and def)

A weapon like the BGS isn't meant for training.  It's intended for things like boss-hunting, where the benefit provided by the big attack bonus finally outweighs the low attack speed.  So it can only be preferable on very high defense opponents.
Alphanos
Posted Image

#10 Tramp

Tramp

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

Whips are by far the best weapon for training attack and defence and Saradomin swords (that's not a Sara godsword mind you) are the best for training strength.  Like other people have said, dragon scimitars are also a good choice for training strength if a Sara sword is out of the question.  They might have pretty lame special attacks, but special attacks make a minimal difference when it comes to actually getting xp.

Whatever you do though, DO NOT train with a dragon dagger :$
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: