Investing 30M Into Short-Term Flipping...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 0nyx

0nyx

• RS Name:0nyx sc1m
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:56 AM

Whatsup guys. I've looked around this forum enough to realize that you guys know what you're talking about. ^_^ So I'm requesting some aid in the field of merchanting. I've never been a very accomplished merchant, but I feel like investing 30m into it and hoping to eventually reach the ultimate goal of 100m.

The catch; I'm f2p! And I expect to be so for a while. So what is a good short-term fairly simple item to flip in f2p? Risk doesn't matter too much to me. Thanks in advance guys.  :evil:

#2 golden keys

golden keys

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

View Post0nyx, on 25 November 2009 - 01:56 AM, said:

Whatsup guys. I've looked around this forum enough to realize that you guys know what you're talking about. :-( So I'm requesting some aid in the field of merchanting. I've never been a very accomplished merchant, but I feel like investing 30m into it and hoping to eventually reach the ultimate goal of 100m.

The catch; I'm f2p! And I expect to be so for a while. So what is a good short-term fairly simple item to flip in f2p? Risk doesn't matter too much to me. Thanks in advance guys.  :lol:
succesfull flipping requires more then 30m. Did it with 4 mates we all bought like 100m up on fury's etc. since all fury's are bought out ppl start for buying them at a higher price. If you buy like 7 whips for those 30m it wont have any effect since there are enough other ppl selling

#3 blue hawk117

blue hawk117

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

buying causing prices to go up is not flipping. It's price manipulating. And i don't know anything you can flip with in f2p, sorry
Removing my posts without reason results in a re-post.

#4 Skewlrulz565

Skewlrulz565

• RS Name:Skewlrulz565
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

My suggestions would be
    Rune Armor and weapons (platebody, platelegs, scimmies, etc)
    Rune God armor (saradomin, guthix, zamorak)
    Rune trimmed armor (t, g)

By just doing the basic rune armor (the cheap stuff :P), I can flip 100-200k per 4 hours if prices are stable enough.  I know that there is more potential for profit in the trimmed/god rune armor I mentioned, so if you wanted to look into that, it would be a good place to start.

-Skewl

Edited by Skewlrulz565, 25 November 2009 - 10:52 AM.

"What is not started today is never finished tomorrow."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#5 Shurukins

Shurukins

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, I used to buy god plateskirts for min, and sold med.
Decent amount of daily profit.

Posted Image

#6 0nyx

0nyx

• RS Name:0nyx sc1m
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

Golden Keys, I've always seen 'flipping' as more of a short-term merchanting method, just buying a little under med and selling a little above said price. What you do seems more of blatant price manipulation, as Blue Hawk said. I'm just trying to find a good item to merchant.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll try Rune God armour sets. I actually put an offer for 100k Nature Runes last night for 302gp each, sold the ones I've bought this morning for 306gp each. That seems to work pretty good.  :-(

#7 Christmas

Christmas

^At least it's in season^

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

You could try buying armor pieces for a little under, combining them into sets, and then selling the sets at a higher price. You can sell the sets instantly to, their a different item at that point, essentially. If you combined a couple of the armor options available to myou(trimmed and such), I suppose this could work pretty well. Good luck.
~The

View Post0nyx, on 25 November 2009 - 11:45 AM, said:

Golden Keys, I've always seen 'flipping' as more of a short-term merchanting method, just buying a little under med and selling a little above said price. What you do seems more of blatant price manipulation, as Blue Hawk said. I'm just trying to find a good item to merchant.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll try Rune God armour sets. I actually put an offer for 100k Nature Runes last night for 302gp each, sold the ones I've bought this morning for 306gp each. That seems to work pretty good. :-(

I'd recommend you spread your money. Putting all your money in one place is always a bad idea, if it doesn't work out that you lose greatly. If you spread your money, it's unlikely everything will crash. And not just different items- unrelated items. Like skilling items, and armor.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Justicebball

Justicebball

Coolest Nerd Youll Meet

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

God sets,(G)Sets, and Rares.

What I've been doing with pretty much all sets is, finding one that is rising. Best to find one thats been rising only for a day or 2.
Go to w1 or 3 and buy the entire set in trade for max(+10k for f2p) Then you can sell the set for +110-200k for a nice profit.

On rares kinda go with the flow on the rs "Discontinued items forum". If lots of people are buying santas(like they are now) you should buy one or 2 just above average price in trade, then sell on the GE for higher.

tip: Dont invest in any H'ween Masks atm. They're kinda almost crashing.

Also, for a constant thing to merch. like for everyday. Try Rune pickaxes and hatchets. Buy at -200gp, sell at +200gp. Easy profit, and the prices rarily change more than 10-50gp per day.

Edited by Justicebball, 25 November 2009 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image
Life is like a box of chocolates! Yum, life's good.

http://www.cashle.co...ef=Justicebball
-You know you want to. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: