Photo

Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 G.Man

G.Man

Hard work never killed any1, but why give it a chance.

• RS Name:I want
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:cookies

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

can we all just make a thread were we all post;
money making tips
items P/h
How to

Then have it all summed up in one sticky. I believe im not the only person who is sick of people posting every 10mins "how do i make money?"
The idiocy and ignorance of people to not think to check other posts for responses or use common sense.
Google or youtube FFS  :lmao:  

would also stop alot of people spamming or quoting for +1's

Edited by G.Man, 28 June 2010 - 10:37 AM.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Posted Image

#22 yisliu

yisliu

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

View PostG.Man, on 26 June 2010 - 04:54 PM, said:

can we all just make a thread were we all post;
money making tips
items P/h
How to

Then have it all summed up in one sticky. I believe im not the only person who is sick of people posting every 10mins "how do i make money?"
The idiocy and ignorance of people to not think to check other posts for responses or use common sense.
Google or youtube FFS  ^_^  

would also stop alot of people spamming or quoting for +1's
Sorry for not seeing this.

Way back when (2007) we used to have a single thread for money making help. This was found to be not enough as we quickly realized how many questions were being asked.

We allow these threads because everyone is different and because of that, you can't tell a maxed 138 the same tip as a lvl 40. And there's many variations such as people who explicitly mention not wanting to do x,y, and z. Thus in order to help these people we allow them to make their own thread seeing how many variations there are.

With regards to short answer, we as moderators delete those posts and if you do happen to see them please report them. Anyone who +1s a few posts normally is warned and later will be suspended if they do not stop. But please report any of those posts you see.

~yisliu

Edited by yisliu, 07 July 2010 - 05:46 PM.

Proud 41,763rd person to reach 1700 total levels on December 16th 2007
Proud 33,223rd person to reach 1800 total levels on March 13th 2008
Proud 21,650th person to reach 1900 total levels on June 19th 2008
Proud 20,078th person to reach 2000 total levels on March 31st 2009
Former Senior Member and CL of Questions and Money Making
I respond to all PMs. So PM me if you have any questions.

#23 G.Man

G.Man

Hard work never killed any1, but why give it a chance.

• RS Name:I want
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:cookies

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

Fair enough but i took all that in to account
Was planning to put alot of time into creating a vast amount of guides for all combat levels and skills but of course yes i would need help and yes it would need monitoring as people would need help.
:rolleyes:

I think i might just make a mini guide and post in correct section and link people to it to save time then.
Thanks for getting back to me and replying  :thumbsup:  much appreciated
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Posted Image

#24 Christmas

Christmas

^At least it's in season^

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

I think the money making board should still be allowed to be used for buying/selling to some extent. Sure, there's the grand exchange, but it has limits. As an example, I'll cite item collections. A while back, I had started collecting fire runes (stopped for now at least). The 4 hour limit is 25k, and I theoretically was going for max (max cash, but with fire runes). Over time, the price went up with the constant buying. In this sort of circumstance, forums would have worked much better. Buy 25k every 4 hours, constantly everyday, it would have taking me ~40 years, excluding any other source of collection. Right now I'm working on a surprise for a friend (I won't mention it specifically, incase he stumbles upon this, but it's any item that is pretty unnecessary to the game and wouldn't make for merching and the like). The limit is absurdly low, 100/4 hours. I'm trying to get 100k by Christmas, and I am gonna have to enlist some help if I want to make it. Lucky, I have a few friends glad to help (<3). But the point is made here; no need for me to ramble on. Sure, RSOFs could be used for this, but personally, I would far prefer to stay on RSC. Everything here is so much easier to keep track of, and in almost every way superior. Now I'm not suggesting that everyday trades should be made here - a whip or some potions or some food can be bought on the GE. But I believe the rules could be loosened a bit without too much harm.
~The

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

View PostChristmas, on 02 December 2010 - 07:42 PM, said:

I think the money making board should still be allowed to be used for buying/selling to some extent. Sure, there's the grand exchange, but it has limits. As an example, I'll cite item collections. A while back, I had started collecting fire runes (stopped for now at least). The 4 hour limit is 25k, and I theoretically was going for max (max cash, but with fire runes). Over time, the price went up with the constant buying. In this sort of circumstance, forums would have worked much better. Buy 25k every 4 hours, constantly everyday, it would have taking me ~40 years, excluding any other source of collection. Right now I'm working on a surprise for a friend (I won't mention it specifically, incase he stumbles upon this, but it's any item that is pretty unnecessary to the game and wouldn't make for merching and the like). The limit is absurdly low, 100/4 hours. I'm trying to get 100k by Christmas, and I am gonna have to enlist some help if I want to make it. Lucky, I have a few friends glad to help (<3). But the point is made here; no need for me to ramble on. Sure, RSOFs could be used for this, but personally, I would far prefer to stay on RSC. Everything here is so much easier to keep track of, and in almost every way superior. Now I'm not suggesting that everyday trades should be made here - a whip or some potions or some food can be bought on the GE. But I believe the rules could be loosened a bit without too much harm.
~The
But to what extent? I mean, you can't really put a line ''what you can and can't''. The problem with the Marketplace was that it had a lot of inactivity, so did the Marketplace Discussion (although that's still allowed around here). Putting the Market itself back will cause a lot of confusion.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#26 Scymnus

Scymnus

• RS Name:Scymnus

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

I think there should be stickys for junk items and street prices. Personally I have no interest in this, but I think it could be useful to a lot of people. Also, the name of the forum should be changed to "Runescape Economy", or something along those lines. Right now there are very few serious discussions about the economy (as I think was intended) but instead a whole lot of people asking the same questions and getting the same answers. These kind of topics shouldn't be allowed, there should rather be a sticky pointing to some of the general ways to make money.

Trading should be allowed to some extent to. For most items people can just use the grand exchange, but if an item has a street price this gets a little harder.

#27 Tomme

Tomme

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

I agree with the above post of Christmas, especially if free trade will be reintroduced into the game (I'm not saying it will be, but just in case...). The marketplace section was a very useful section in the past, and I met many of my rs buddies through it. It was also a good way for low level players to gain money as they could be recruited by other players, while getting paid a bit extra. As Christmas stated there are limits to certain items you can buy in the GE and a marketplace section could help in getting large amounts of resources fast and independent of GE trends. I remember getting my herblore up with the help of many rsc members collecting unids for me, and they had the guarantee that their herbs would be bought. It was also handy for people buying/selling rares who didn't want to spend hours spammming in W2 fally park in order to buy/sell their item.
So, I'm just wondering if rsc has any intention to bring back the marketplace section or some variant of it?
Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Happy scaping! :thumbsup:

#28 pur3 0wnt2

pur3 0wnt2

• RS Name:pur3 0wnt2
  • Clan:Ex-tlp

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Just a suggestion: can you ban people from suggesting 76k's as a money making idea? It's not the same for everyone...if i 76k i get terrible loot and it's the easiest thing for people to get their +1 with..."how do i make money" "ep and 76k". It's like well that wasn't really helpful?
Posted Image

#29 Notmyname

Notmyname

Squirrels = Uber-Pwnage

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

New Rule
No Suggesting "Slayer"

Every question is just spammed with the response of "train slayer" and it's getting rediculous.  There needs to be a rule against suggesting slayer in this section of RSC Posted Image

Posted Image

Proud User and Supporter of Runescape Salvation

Click on Show for information on how to get it!

Spoiler

#30 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

View Postpur3 0wnt2, on 13 January 2011 - 11:55 AM, said:

Just a suggestion: can you ban people from suggesting 76k's as a money making idea? It's not the same for everyone...if i 76k i get terrible loot and it's the easiest thing for people to get their +1 with..."how do i make money" "ep and 76k". It's like well that wasn't really helpful?
Although a bit unethical, it does work. Don't worry though, as you can't 76k anymore when the wilderness returns (February 1).

View PostNotmyname, on 22 January 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

New Rule
No Suggesting "Slayer"

Every question is just spammed with the response of "train slayer" and it's getting rediculous.  There needs to be a rule against suggesting slayer in this section of RSC http://forums.zybez....default/mad.gif
A lot of players (especially those who returned after a long break / those who are uninformed) don't know of the wonders of Slayer.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#31 Notmyname

Notmyname

Squirrels = Uber-Pwnage

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostNotmyname, on 22 January 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

New Rule
No Suggesting "Slayer"

Every question is just spammed with the response of "train slayer" and it's getting rediculous.  There needs to be a rule against suggesting slayer in this section of RSC http://forums.zybez....default/mad.gif
A lot of players (especially those who returned after a long break / those who are uninformed) don't know of the wonders of Slayer.

Then make a sticky about it, as almost every money making thread I go into has someone spamming "just do slayer" to raise their post count.  It's just stupid at this point.

Posted Image

Proud User and Supporter of Runescape Salvation

Click on Show for information on how to get it!

Spoiler

#32 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

I fail to see the point on this forum. I think it's usefull to discuss price items and that kind of stuff, but:

- We have around 50 (just guessing) post per day, of people asking how to do money. Yes, stats and player preferences are unique in every single situation, but the majority of the cases (and you can confirm this by reading the posts) lead to a already specified answer present in loads of other topics.

- The creation of an extent post (which i'm sure many of us wouldn't mind contributing to in order to avoid this useless amount of posts) that contained a very detailed "guide" on how to make money would be extremely efficient. Why? Because we could split it into sections, based on player lvls and preferences, and still make sure we covered all the community. Example:

- Money making: Low lvl/ high lvl/ skiller / pure
                Combat, skilling, pvming / no skill requirement / Long term method (here we post kingdom/farming/magpies)
                Description of each method rate: experience per hour (1/5, 1 would be no skilling like gathering white berries, 5 would be killing black demon), money per hour , Pros and Cons (spot competition, length of the task, amongst others), focus requirements (some people don't mind rcing but others prefer less profit if they can afk like cutting magics)

Now, adding to this structure, we would need a detailed introduction, so people know why to choose something over another. We would need alot of linking yes, because people can simply come here to look for a specific skill, or a specific method, but that can be easily provided if we work a bit. For last, if we had a spreadsheet (which would take a while, but it would save LOADS of work in the end) that calculated the estimated profit, and bingo. We just saved the need for the moderators to watch over 50 threads per day with a single sticky. You still may say that this doesn't take into account all the players, but let's face it: if the knowledge of "efficiency" is present on this topic, then we would have way less problems making the community realize that the same suggestions and being given (and taken by) in all the posts, because they are the best options for all the players.

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#33 Secret Dragoon

Secret Dragoon

<3 Red Heads

• RS Name:SecrtDragoon
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

The problem with that is that there are numerous (albeit outdated) guides in the General Guides section. Previously I tried to post a topic about the most popular methods and their GP/hr (Basically anything 500K+) but the issue was prices keep on changing and it needs to be constantly updated.

Posted Image

I used to be something speical, now I am nothing.
RSN: SecrtDragoon (Inactive as of April 2013)

#34 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

View PostSecret Dragoon, on 24 February 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

The problem with that is that there are numerous (albeit outdated) guides in the General Guides section. Previously I tried to post a topic about the most popular methods and their GP/hr (Basically anything 500K+) but the issue was prices keep on changing and it needs to be constantly updated.

What about something like this? I ain't saying it won't give loads of work, but we have to think in amount of hassle it would save to moderators and even players with money making questions.

We got the method, we got thee amounts, all we need to is add the variable of the item's price  :# ?

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#35 Dys Sheep

Dys Sheep

Mahjarrat never die; they're just missing in action.

• RS Name:Dys Sheep

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

A suggest that I feel is greatly needed is have the staff look through the posts for commonly suggested skills or places every few months and just create a sticky like "Frequently suggested tips" to prevent these people who post every 10 days "Um I don't know what to do for money, I have 85 slayer 80+ in all combat stats and I'm lost."  Wow lets say do slayer, kill dragons and farming.  It all just creates spam so a frequently suggested thing may stop some dumb questions.
http://img690.images...dyssheepsig.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#36 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

• RS Name:Debenkey
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostDys Sheep, on 21 May 2011 - 12:43 PM, said:

A suggest that I feel is greatly needed is have the staff look through the posts for commonly suggested skills or places every few months and just create a sticky like "Frequently suggested tips" to prevent these people who post every 10 days "Um I don't know what to do for money, I have 85 slayer 80+ in all combat stats and I'm lost."  Wow lets say do slayer, kill dragons and farming.  It all just creates spam so a frequently suggested thing may stop some dumb questions.
Though it is a good suggestion, you have to reason that you can shove as many stickies, FAQs, tips, etc. into people's faces, and they will still make their own topic and ask the same question. The only thing we can hope for is for people to at least recognize this information and specify their question a bit more.

A good suggestion nonetheless. :thumbsup:

#37 Magick

Magick

Outrageous

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

As I've been reading through the Money Making forum once in a while, as you do, I find more and more people suggesting "staking". Has this become an acceptable reply?

Posted Image

#38 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

View PostMagickrider, on 09 September 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

As I've been reading through the Money Making forum once in a while, as you do, I find more and more people suggesting "staking". Has this become an acceptable reply?
As long as there is some detail to it and not just "stake", then it is acceptable. It is a way to make money after all, even though it may be risky. :lol:

#39 Magick

Magick

Outrageous

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

Er, get rid of '1 post leechers' by making the requirement to post in Money Making 50 posts? :$

Tough love.

Edited by Magickrider, 19 September 2011 - 02:06 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

View PostMagickrider, on 19 September 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

Er, get rid of '1 post leechers' by making the requirement to post in Money Making 50 posts? :thumbsup:

Tough love.
Don't really see a problem with the "1 post leechers", if I even knew what they were. Nonetheless, it would cut down on activity, which is what we don't want. Plus, the CLs and Mods handle the potential problems well enough already. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: