We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 PZ

PZ

Silent King

• RS Name:PZero
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the Money Making section here at Zybez RSC, please post them in here! :thumbsup:

.::Money Making Staff

Edited by Jim, 22 June 2012 - 08:14 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
-[ Voted Best Moderator of 2006 ]-
-[ Best Admin, Most Outstanding Person, Silent Worker of 2010 ]-
-[ King - Zybez Runescape Community ]-
-[ Head of Content - Zybez Runescape Help ]-

#2 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

Maybe a merchanting- the basics sticky? I know we already have a splendid guide about that, but different people giving their different ways could be usefull to those who are new to this.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#3 Cabb

Cabb

• RS Name:Cabb7

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

umm...whats with the whip its been the same price for like 3 years and then dramatically increased in price all of a sudden?

#4 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:56 AM

http://forums.zybez....owtopic=1225378

This was a great idea that was never implemented.

uswi2T1.gif

#5 yisliu

yisliu

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

umm...whats with the whip its been the same price for like 3 years and then dramatically increased in price all of a sudden?

Supply and Demand, it's happening to many items.

But more importantly, this thread should be used for suggestions for this board. You should make a topic if you have these questions.

~yisliu
Proud 41,763rd person to reach 1700 total levels on December 16th 2007
Proud 33,223rd person to reach 1800 total levels on March 13th 2008
Proud 21,650th person to reach 1900 total levels on June 19th 2008
Proud 20,078th person to reach 2000 total levels on March 31st 2009
Former Senior Member and CL of Questions and Money Making
I respond to all PMs. So PM me if you have any questions.

#6 BSE

BSE

Ex-Zybez Staff

• RS Name:BSE_wastaken
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

Perhaps a more descriptive name then "Marketplace" is needed though, or all the money-making questions will probably end up in the questions forum. Especially if selling threads are still disallowed, it's not much of a marketplace!

Edited by BSE, 16 November 2009 - 11:46 AM.

DC Manager no more.

Posted Image

#7 yisliu

yisliu

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

Perhaps a more descriptive name then "Marketplace" is needed though, or all the money-making questions will probably end up in the questions forum. Especially if selling threads are still disallowed, it's not much of a marketplace!

Currently in discussion

#8 Sumilidon12

Sumilidon12

-Sumi

• RS Name:Sumilidon12
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:13 AM

Currently in discussion

Problem solved. :yes:

-Sumi

- Former Community Leader of Questions and Money Making
- Former Community Leader of Events
- Former Senior Member
- Former Events Team Member
- Former Achievements Skilling Competition Staff

#9 godcanthelp

godcanthelp

• RS Name:godcanthelp

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:33 AM

The main purpose of this board is to provide an opportunity for people to come and talk about the Marketplace. You can come here if you have any concerns about a good in the game, or if you are curious as to how the economics of Runescape might work.

By changing the name to "Money-Making" this fourm is no longer what it was intended to be! I used to visit this forum regularly just for this section to find out what was going on with the game's economy. Now it's full of inexperienced players asking how they can make a few coins! What the heck is going on?! This forum has now become utterly useless.

Please change the name back so that we can once again have meaningful discussions with people who actually know something about how the game's economy works. If this many people are really at a loss for how to make money than there should be a sticky in the questions forum! You could even create a sticky here, but don't dedicate the entire section of the forums to it! I hope you read this and consider making a change. I hate seeing the most useful section of this forum turn into such a ridiculous waste.

The name should be "Marketplace Discussion" or something along those lines. Definitely NOT "money-making"!!! The title "money-making" attracts the wrong kind of players and creates the sense of receiving something for nothing. Anything with "Discussion"at the end will allow something meaningful to be accomplished in this area.

Edited by godcanthelp, 30 November 2009 - 08:41 AM.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1619/sigfix3.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Proud Owner of A Partyhat Set Since 01.22.2011

#10 My Mustang15

My Mustang15

• RS Name:Game Theory
  • Clan:none

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:11 AM

The main purpose of this board is to provide an opportunity for people to come and talk about the Marketplace. You can come here if you have any concerns about a good in the game, or if you are curious as to how the economics of Runescape might work.

By changing the name to "Money-Making" this fourm is no longer what it was intended to be! I used to visit this forum regularly just for this section to find out what was going on with the game's economy. Now it's full of inexperienced players asking how they can make a few coins! What the heck is going on?! This forum has now become utterly useless.

Please change the name back so that we can once again have meaningful discussions with people who actually know something about how the game's economy works. If this many people are really at a loss for how to make money than there should be a sticky in the questions forum! You could even create a sticky here, but don't dedicate the entire section of the forums to it! I hope you read this and consider making a change. I hate seeing the most useful section of this forum turn into such a ridiculous waste.

The name should be "Marketplace Discussion" or something along those lines. Definitely NOT "money-making"!!! The title "money-making" attracts the wrong kind of players and creates the sense of receiving something for nothing. Anything with "Discussion"at the end will allow something meaningful to be accomplished in this area.

I completely agree, been wondering why it has been changed to this. I suggest making the name Marketplace Discussion then putting in a sub forum to money making, or putting money making back into questions.

Posted Image[
Rip Pk Pures...138CB - 99 Atk 99 Str 99 Def 99 HP 99 Mage 99 Range 99 Prayer
My Mustang15...116 CB - 99 Atk 99 Str 75 Def 99 HP 96 Mage 86 Range 70 Prayer
O Wow U Cuck...96CB - 70 Atk 70 Str 83 Def 89 HP 94 Mage 97 Range 52 Prayer

#11 godcanthelp

godcanthelp

• RS Name:godcanthelp

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

I completely agree, been wondering why it has been changed to this. I suggest making the name Marketplace Discussion then putting in a sub forum to money making, or putting money making back into questions.

Thanks, I posted that a while ago though...it looks like nobody cares. Pretty sad, really.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1619/sigfix3.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Proud Owner of A Partyhat Set Since 01.22.2011

#12 yisliu

yisliu

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Thanks, I posted that a while ago though...it looks like nobody cares. Pretty sad, really.

This has been discussed actually. No Cls posted about this. The reason for not doing it was because it would basically have been the same thing as the original with the subforum moved around. Because of this, we chose not to do that and go with a bigger change.

~yisliu

#13 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

There are obviously more questions about money making than the market itself.
What about a 'Market Watch' Sub-board, where you can discuss the market happenings?
Would create some space between Money Making and the Market!

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#14 Idare

Idare

Fun sized

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

Almost every single question has the exact same answers, I feel like people don't even read other threads, or they just want people to repeat the same things. I have no problems with people who are fairly low leveled asking for ways to make money, or people asking about merchanting advice, but it bothers me that every other topic is someone between 80-110 asking how to make money. Every single time they get bombed by: Green Dragons, Slayer, GWD, DKs, Barrows, Avansies or Corp.
Posted Image

#15 any4rs

any4rs

• RS Name:game4
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:woodcuting

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:13 AM

its sounds good.we should do our best to RS game ,then make money :-P

#16 Cthulthu

Cthulthu

Pixel Critic

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

I think we should create a 'how to make money' thread.
I'm suggesting this because i've had an idea for a good money making method and had a friend of mine (Lathow) go test it out and we've found a very nice, though perhaps temporary method to make 700k an hour from thieving which we're not interested in ourselves but would love to tell people about. I don't want to write it up in the guides section because its not worth the time, but it would be nice to have a thread where people could outline money making methods they know off, a moderated one where nothing else was said.
Basically a guide everyone would help make. Hopefully one with a form so its not just a mass of untidy writing

Title :
Profit per hour (approx.) :
Skills Necessary :
Items Necessary :
Method :

If not, perhaps even a proper guide on the Zybez website if there isn't one already.

Edited by Cthulthu, 15 April 2010 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

#17 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

I'm suggesting this because i've had an idea for a good money making method and had a friend of mine (Lathow) go test it out and we've found a very nice, though perhaps temporary method to make 700k an hour from thieving which we're not interested in ourselves but would love to tell people about. I don't want to write it up in the guides section because its not worth the time, but it would be nice to have a thread where people could outline money making methods they know off, a moderated one where nothing else was said.
Basically a guide everyone would help make. Hopefully one with a form so its not just a mass of untidy writing

Title :
Skills Necessary :
Items Necessary :
Method :

If not, perhaps even a proper guide on the Zybez website if there isn't one already.

There is already something like that on the Tips Board. Check it out!!Posted Image

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#18 Cthulthu

Cthulthu

Pixel Critic

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

Title :
Skills Necessary :
Items Necessary :
Method :

There is already something like that on the Tips Board. Check it out!!Posted Image

Link isn't working :/
Posted Image

#19 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

It works just fine for me. Oh well, you can always check it out manually: go to the Tips Board, and one of the stickys there is the one you are looking for!Posted Image

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#20 a korn fan

a korn fan

• RS Name:Bacon Inc

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

This has been discussed actually. No Cls posted about this. The reason for not doing it was because it would basically have been the same thing as the original with the subforum moved around. Because of this, we chose not to do that and go with a bigger change.

~yisliu

You made a decision as big as changing a board around just because it was a bigger change and of higher risk for a mess up in the process? Battles are won by decisive tactics, not because of how big of a deal it is.

Seems to me that people want it changed back with a sub-forum added. So what if it's just moving the sub-forum?

Edited by a korn fan, 23 May 2010 - 11:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: