• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chrissmarlo

chrissmarlo

• RS Name:chrissmarlo
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

Hi guys,

As the title says, what are the best monsters for Herb and Herb seed drops, looking for Harralander and above mainly.

Any ideas apreciated, im Combat lvl 115 by the way

#2 Rich_Luke1

Rich_Luke1

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Abberant Spectres are decent.

#3 chrissmarlo

chrissmarlo

• RS Name:chrissmarlo
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:51 AM

Cool, ill try them out. Whats the best / most cost effective way of fighting them?

#4 Matt

Matt

Om Nom Nom

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

View Postchrissmarlo, on 15 October 2009 - 08:51 AM, said:

Cool, ill try them out. Whats the best / most cost effective way of fighting them?

If you're going to camp Abby Specs, you may as well train slayer.  With Duradel as your master, most of his tasks have pretty decent herb drops.  His abby spec tasks range from 130-199, just camp them when you get a task.

If you really want to camp them, you have two choices - pray or the tank method.  Pray means you'll be praying Protection from Magic the whole time.  Tanking means you'll be in full d'hide and you'll have to take in all the damage without prayer.  I recommend tanking only if you have 68+ summoning for a bunyip and 80+ defence to reduce the damage.  Personally, I use the pray method because it doesn't take up a lot of my inventory and I can use a Beast of Burden familiar to hold additional herbs.  

Prayer method equipment:
Nosepeg / Slayer helm
Pross platebody/ Initiate platebody/ Monk top
Pross platelegs / Initiate platelegs / Monk bottom
Salve ammy (e) / Salve ammy - If you don't have slayer helm on.  If you DO have your slayer helm on, go with a fury/glory
Dragon boots / Bandos boots / Rune boots
Fire cape / Skill cape (e) / Skill cape
Whip / Saradomin Sword / Dragon Scimitar
Falador Shield 3 (for pray bonuses) / Rune defender / God book
Berserker Ring / Warrior Ring / Wealth Ring

Tanking method equipment:
Nosepeg / Slayer helm
Armadyl platebody / Black d'hide body
Armadyl platelegs / Black d'hide chaps
Salve ammy (e) / Salve ammy - If you don't have slayer helm on.  If you DO have your slayer helm on, go with a fury/glory
Dragon boots / Bandos boots / Rune boots
Fire cape / Skill cape (e) / Skill cape
Whip / Saradomin Sword / Dragon Scimitar
Rune defender / God book
Berserker Ring / Warrior Ring / Wealth Ring

If you have the money, use a Saradomin Godsword for the specs to heal HP and prayer.  If you don't have the money, try to borrow one off a friend.

- Retired from RSC

- Former Senior Member and CL of Questions

#5 Pope_Smotage

Pope_Smotage

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:32 PM

I get great higher level seeds quite often from Turoths as well.
I've heard dagganoths are an excellent source of upper level seeds (had a friend get 15 snaps in 1 slayer task).
Aberrant Spectres and Mighty Banshees are both great for herb drops and both fairly close to a bank in addition to both being assigned as slayer tasks. B-)

Posted Image
Retired: 2/14/11

#6 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

• RS Name:Debenkey
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

Armoured Zombies, Aberant Spectres, and Chaos druids are all great herb droppers.

Armoured Zombies drop many high level herbs including many Harralander herbs and Ranarr weed. They don't drop a ton of herb seeds but if you want high leveled herbs, Armoured Zombies are the monsters to train on.

Aberrant Spectres drop even more high leveled herbs than Armoured Zombies along with a few herb seeds. The only tough part about Aberrant Spectres is that you need level 60 Slayer in order to kill them and it is advised that you use Prayer when killing them. This means you will have to pay for Prayer potions.

Chaos druids are lowest leveled monster of the three monsters I suggested, but at level 14 don't misjudge them. Chaos druids are one of the biggest herb dropping monsters in all of Runescape and because of there level, are killed for their drops widely by other players. If you mainly want Harralanders, Chaos druids drop many of them and I suggest you train on them for Harralanders specifically.

Here are some guides you can check out.
Armoured Zombies
Aberrant Spectres
Chaos Druid

Edited by Debenkey, 15 October 2009 - 01:38 PM.

#7 Habibshotdogs

Habibshotdogs

• RS Status:Member

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

I've had good experience with higher level seeds at cave horror's probably not as good as the others but good enough and easy to kill at your level, you just need witchwood icon to fight them.

otherwise i recommend buying kwuarm gloves (70 herblore req) and powerhunting some low level monster like chaos druids or moss giants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: