• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4094 replies to this topic

#4081 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostFulco, on 27 January 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostKevin♫, on 26 January 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

In case it matters, Senior Members don't have IP address access. Only Moderators or higher do.

It doesn't really matter considering he was plotting with his fellow leadership to use IP grabbers on Rsc

Assuming it's true, the fact he was "plotting" to IP grab is obviously going to be dealt with by the Senior staff. As for actually using IP grabbers on this site I don't know of any method you could use to get around the image whitelist the board has so your IPs should be safe from IP grabbing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4082 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Equal justice under law

• RS Name:King Bradley
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostGig, on 26 January 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

I am just curious as to why this topic: http://forums.zybez....our-clans-mind/ was locked, yet I see quite a few topics that could very well be pointed at another clan that may or may not Start with an R and end with an OT that stay open. Is it because that clan doesn't have any CD staff? Just curious.

My suggestion to make CD better is applying the same rules and restrictions to all clans.

Which topics are you referring to? If you're referring to this topic I suppose you can argue that it is aimed at RoT's recent forum leaks, but at the same time it is vague enough to not be a direct flamebait. Clans have many times released leaks of each other; RoT isn't the only clan to have done so. It poses fair discussion of it.

Your topic on the other hand was clearly done to flamebait VR (look at your own forums and you happened to be viewing a topic about that while posting your topic here). See your quote here:

If you had 20 topics about another clan in only a couple of days..how would you feel?

View PostDarth Maul, on 27 January 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

I am wondering if we can ban links to clans forums due to the fact that I recently had an attempt on my Computer when visiting a certain clans site I can provide proof to a mod if they like.

Yeah, you can contact us and we will check it out. We have banned certain clan sites in the past for causing problems.

View PostWee Man, on 27 January 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostFulco, on 27 January 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostKevin♫, on 26 January 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

In case it matters, Senior Members don't have IP address access. Only Moderators or higher do.

It doesn't really matter considering he was plotting with his fellow leadership to use IP grabbers on Rsc

Assuming it's true, the fact he was "plotting" to IP grab is obviously going to be dealt with by the Senior staff. As for actually using IP grabbers on this site I don't know of any method you could use to get around the image whitelist the board has so your IPs should be safe from IP grabbing.

To add on to what Wee Man said, we implemented a whitelist for all images posted back in June 2011 (see this topic) in response to IP grabbers on the boards. The only hosts that are whitelisted are public image sharers such as imgur, tinypic or imageshack. Unless they found some way to see the IPs of those who viewed a particular image from these public hosts, then the possibility of grabbing IP addresses from RSC using this particular method is zero.

Keep in mind that not all clan forums have this sort of add-on in place nor do they necessarily treat your IP addresses with care when you post or view their boards. Hell, even visiting a clan's Teamspeak or using Skype can reveal your IP address. Often times users blame us for leaking their IP addresses when in reality it's due to another reason.

I'm going to repeat this again and again since some users don't seem to get it. If you have sufficient proof of a staff member doing something that you believe they shouldn't be doing, contacting a Senior Moderator or King with said proof is your best bet. Publicly discussing it won't help anything except raise paranoid conclusions which may or may not be true.

Posted Image
Board Leader of Player Kills || Senior Moderator || CD Staff || GD Staff
"If you look for the light you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, it's all you'll ever see."
- Iroh (The Legend of Korra)

#4083 Gig

Gig

Oh my God, oh my God If I die, I'm a legend

• Clan:Rot
  • Team:Team Life

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

It is worrying that there is a certain senior member who I've seen, not from what my leaders have shown me, but from skimming through chat logs on my own of him discussing ddosing and ipgrabbing. Despite what the public opinion of my clan affiliation, I prefer to not go that far these days. I would not like to see mine or other RoT members being DDoSed among other things because certain people have power on these forums.

#4084 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Equal justice under law

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostGig, on 27 January 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

It is worrying that there is a certain senior member who I've seen, not from what my leaders have shown me, but from skimming through chat logs on my own of him discussing ddosing and ipgrabbing. Despite what the public opinion of my clan affiliation, I prefer to not go that far these days. I would not like to see mine or other RoT members being DDoSed among other things because certain people have power on these forums.

Like I stated earlier, Senior Members don't have any extra access that any other member would have in terms of IP addresses. This means that any "IP grabbing/DDoSing" is not because of a direct result of their "power" here, but would rather be done on their own accord. So therefore their position here is irrelevant. In that context, you would have the same ability to do so as any Senior Member or CL.

Obviously we don't condone that sort of behaviour so if a particular staff member is found to have done actions such as that, something would be done about that. However, I'm not in a position to say exactly what that would be. Again, that is something for the administrators to discuss. Going off blind accusations doesn't serve any good.

Also, this isn't a discussion topic for who DDoSes who and whatever. So leave that discussion off of this topic.

Posted Image
"If you look for the light you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, it's all you'll ever see."

#4085 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

POPULAR

Like Kevin already said, Senior members can't view IP's and we have image whitelist in place to prevent IP grabbing. So unless people have found a way to get around that, your IP's are safe here.

Also to those questioning why topics and posts regarding staff members get removed: It is because we don't allow "naming and shaming" type of topics because most of the time they're just baseless accusations. The administrators of this site will discuss all accusations of rule breaking and/or bias. It's not a public debate, you guys can provide proof and we make the decisions.

All that being said, we still don't allow our staff members to take part in unethical Runescape related activities such as hacking IRC/RS/forum accounts, Ddosing or IP grabbing anywhere.

We've gone through all the evidence now and Cera S6 has been removed from all staff positions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader - PM me if you need assistance.

#4086 Harrу

Harrу

• RS Name:Grimstriper

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostJaacco, on 27 January 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Also to those questioning why topics and posts regarding staff members get removed: It is because we don't allow "naming and shaming" type of topics because most of the time they're just baseless accusations.
Bit like this topic that states RoT have acquired a botnet and IPs which I have reported but it hasn't been closed because the baseless accusations concern RoT and not another clan who might have a moderator on these forums! Also it doesn't accuse any of your staff members of trying to do illegal activities on forums on which you've given them a rank.

For information on Reign of Terror's latest fights and outings click here

Posted Image

Current 6 members of Anti-RoT alliance (in order of entrance):
VR (founders), DI (bandwagon), DF (bandwagon), AF (bandwagon), EoS (opened to join), Brutality (opened to join)
Proudly causing clans to open in order to try and take us down.

#4087 Fasty

Fasty

~tbh imo~

• RS Name:Fast993

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

thanks for dealing with the situation fairly!

also if u guys need a replacement senior member i'm a pm away

lol if u flame me gkef is gonna quote u so watch out bro
Posted Image
i'm the moose and gkef's the house by the way lol

#4088 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Equal justice under law

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostHarrу, on 27 January 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

Also to those questioning why topics and posts regarding staff members get removed: It is because we don't allow "naming and shaming" type of topics because most of the time they're just baseless accusations.
Bit like this topic that states RoT have acquired a botnet and IPs which I have reported but it hasn't been closed because the baseless accusations concern RoT and not another clan who might have a moderator on these forums! Also it doesn't accuse any of your staff members of trying to do illegal activities on forums on which you've given them a rank.

It's been dealt with.

Okay, let's cut out the banter between each other. It doesn't belong on this topic. I understand that these kind of decisions leave controversy. We've been relaxed with this kind of thing, but if it continues we will have to start handing out suspensions.

Posted Image

#4089 Harrу

Harrу

• RS Name:Grimstriper

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

Okay but please don't use the word banter ever again.

For information on Reign of Terror's latest fights and outings click here

Posted Image

Current 6 members of Anti-RoT alliance (in order of entrance):
VR (founders), DI (bandwagon), DF (bandwagon), AF (bandwagon), EoS (opened to join), Brutality (opened to join)
Proudly causing clans to open in order to try and take us down.

#4090 EoMeri

EoMeri

• RS Name:Runkkupeppu

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

Like Kevin already said, Senior members can't view IP's and we have image whitelist in place to prevent IP grabbing. So unless people have found a way to get around that, your IP's are safe here.

Also to those questioning why topics and posts regarding staff members get removed: It is because we don't allow "naming and shaming" type of topics because most of the time they're just baseless accusations. The administrators of this site will discuss all accusations of rule breaking and/or bias. It's not a public debate, you guys can provide proof and we make the decisions.

All that being said, we still don't allow our staff members to take part in unethical Runescape related activities such as hacking IRC/RS/forum accounts, Ddosing or IP grabbing anywhere.

We've gone through all the evidence now and Cera S6 has been removed from all staff positions.
Respect my man! The next time we meet irl I'll buy you a beer my friend :thumbsup:

#4091 i tip my fedora

i tip my fedora

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

why was my post in top clans list removed?
~Head Moderator of /r/atheism and /r/2007scape.

Maker of the smash hit cover of Kelis - Milkshake with Sir Tip - Fedora

Here's a sneak peak:
"My Fedora Brings All The Girls To The Yard
They're Like You Tip It Real Hard
Damn Right I Tip It Real Hard
You Can Suck It
But I'll Have To Charge"

#4092 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Equal justice under law

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:14 AM

View Posti tip my fedora, on 04 February 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

You made a comment referring to another user's list. Commenting on other lists isn't allowed.

Posted Image

#4093 i tip my fedora

i tip my fedora

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostKevin♫, on 04 February 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

You made a comment referring to another user's list. Commenting on other lists isn't allowed.
then you could have just edited that out am i right?
~Head Moderator of /r/atheism and /r/2007scape.

Maker of the smash hit cover of Kelis - Milkshake with Sir Tip - Fedora

Here's a sneak peak:
"My Fedora Brings All The Girls To The Yard
You Can Suck It
But I'll Have To Charge"

#4094 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Equal justice under law

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:29 PM

View Posti tip my fedora, on 04 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

View PostKevin♫, on 04 February 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

then you could have just edited that out am i right?

Sometimes users don't get the message if we simply edit it. Since you get a notification when it's deleted.

At any rate, you reposted a list so no harm done.

Posted Image

#4095 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

New topic since this is falling apart. http://forums.zybez....lan-discussion/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader - PM me if you need assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: