Help Us Improve Clan Discussion!

• Please log in to reply
4077 replies to this topic

#4061 Murray 1991

Murray 1991

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostHarrу, on 25 January 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

View PostMurray 1991, on 24 January 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

The recent spade of propaganda topics from 'Anti rot' and 'Pro rot' members is really making Clan discussion a more toxic and boring place, can punishments be more severe to curb this?
'more boring place'? Really? If it wasn't for that the whole forum would be dead or consist of pures

Well there needs to be a change in rules to allow the topics then, they are either allowed or not allowed. Having topics continuously made then closed is pretty pointless and if the rules are changed there needs to be some sort of real discussion on the topics not just petty remarks.

Posted Image

Divine Forces || www.rs-df.com || #DF on Seers.irc || Twitter @DivineForces || Youtube TheDFPride

#4062 Harrу

Harrу

• RS Name:Grimstriper
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

View PostMurray 1991, on 25 January 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

The recent spade of propaganda topics from 'Anti rot' and 'Pro rot' members is really making Clan discussion a more toxic and boring place, can punishments be more severe to curb this?
'more boring place'? Really? If it wasn't for that the whole forum would be dead or consist of pures

Well there needs to be a change in rules to allow the topics then, they are either allowed or not allowed. Having topics continuously made then closed is pretty pointless and if the rules are changed there needs to be some sort of real discussion on the topics not just petty remarks.
Personally I just say allow them all. Half the ones open in CD made my vindicator or whatever are baits at RoT. Who cares it is 2015 if you can't take someone baiting your clan then don't use RSC.

Edited by Harrу, 25 January 2015 - 05:51 PM.

For information on our latest fights and outings click here

Posted Image

#4063 Murray 1991

Murray 1991

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostHarrу, on 25 January 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

View PostMurray 1991, on 25 January 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Personally I just say allow them all. Half the ones open in CD made my vindicator or whatever are baits at RoT. Who cares it is 2015 if you can't take someone baiting your clan then don't use RSC.

Its not just clanners who use this subforum, randoms from everywhere view it and if all they see is children flaming each other its not appealing.

Posted Image

Divine Forces || www.rs-df.com || #DF on Seers.irc || Twitter @DivineForces || Youtube TheDFPride

#4064 Gig

Gig

#Rot

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Rot
  • Team:Team Life

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

I don't see why some of my topics have been locked or deleted. They had plenty of discussion value, but because VR has everything that could possibly go wrong happen to their clan all of a sudden its assumed to be purely trolling or baiting.

#4065 Bow

Bow

Lead the way.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

I don't see any problems with topics discussing the effects of espionage in the clan world.  It's been around for over a decade and is definitely a part of clanning in that time and still today.

Just so long as there's no private information being leaked in the discussion that is not warranted as a display.
Senior Moderator
- Feel free to PM me if you need any anything and I will do my best to help.
Specialties:
-Clan Discussion
-OSRS Price Guide ( Please use the Price Guide Support Forum for help)
Posted Image
Leader of RuneScape Dinasty; RSD from 06 to 2013

#4066 Fasty

Fasty

~tbh imo~

• RS Name:Fast993

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

what exactly "justifies" posting a clan's private information?

someone in vr claimed to have intel on rot today & i posted private information confirming that they do not have any intel, but my post was deleted. am i not "disproving a statement", as the rule says?

this topic by the way http://forums.zybez....ge-inc-ft-dfvr/

lol if u flame me gkef is gonna quote u so watch out bro
Posted Image
i'm the mountie and gkef's the beaver by the way lol

#4067 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Never forget

• RS Name:King Bradley

Posted Yesterday, 12:02 AM

View PostFasty, on 25 January 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

what exactly "justifies" posting a clan's private information?

someone in vr claimed to have intel on rot today & i posted private information confirming that they do not have any intel, but my post was deleted. am i not "disproving a statement", as the rule says?

this topic by the way http://forums.zybez....ge-inc-ft-dfvr/

You're correct; it needs to be used in conjunction with disproving a statement.

However, at the same time it has to be directly related to what they're saying. It can't be something loosely related and turned into the butt end of a joke. That's what the purpose of it is.

That particular post was replying to a claim that they pulled a certain amount. The better way to approach it would have been to post a picture which proves they did not (like if they posted in their officials forums saying that they didn't pull that much that day for example). Not with something completely different.

Posted Image
"If you look for the light you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, it's all you'll ever see."
- Iroh (The Legend of Korra)

#4068 Harrу

Harrу

Posted Yesterday, 08:12 AM

View PostBow, on 25 January 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

I don't see any problems with topics discussing the effects of espionage in the clan world.  It's been around for over a decade and is definitely a part of clanning in that time and still today.

Just so long as there's no private information being leaked in the discussion that is not warranted as a display.
Was told I couldn't post such topics as it implicated a certain CD staff member. Even though I wasn't going to post the actual private information in the dicussion.

Posted Image

#4069 ^jordy

^jordy

• RS Status:Retired

Posted Yesterday, 08:14 AM

++
Spying is not new, clans and people have been doing it for years. You guys are welcome to discuss it, just make sure the intention is correct - not purely to flame-bait another clan or person. But, to discuss the subject with arguments and to debate with the rest of the clan world.

Jordy

Posted Image

#4070 Harrу

Harrу

Posted Yesterday, 10:17 AM

View Post^jordy, on 26 January 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

++
Spying is not new, clans and people have been doing it for years. You guys are welcome to discuss it, just make sure the intention is correct - not purely to flame-bait another clan or person. But, to discuss the subject with arguments and to debate with the rest of the clan world.

Jordy
What about the intention of allowing the community to discuss a forum moderator endorsing illegal activities, that not enough discussion value for you or does this forum not allow anything anti-establishment a la North Korea? We can't post topics about a certain clan or person and you're wondering why all the topics are generic boring topics. If you have to veil a topic so that it is subtly directed instead of directly at someone/clan then it isn't going to create any discussion it's just going to create equally veiled trolls. I mean you guys could rake in the forum activity if you wanted you're only being detrimental to your own activity.

Part one of the leaks on our forum alone has easily 2 times the views of pretty much every topic in CD.

[16:41] @Dj_av_valenI: Mike|Cera_S6
[16:41] @Abkb|: D156 u wanna call
[16:41] @Dj_av_valenI: hit oa off with ur booter

Strong forum moderators you have there.

Edited by Harrу, Yesterday, 10:19 AM.

Posted Image

#4071 hummy33

hummy33

• RS Status:Free

Posted Yesterday, 10:25 AM

hmm well I think that all the Doxing that rot members have been doing is pretty safe to say it is bad which is why I would like no speak towards these topics for example I read down the left hand side of one of Harry's posts and it spelt my address out so all people could see it was just hidden like a code.
Anti-clan signature - removed. Any questions, PM HAR

#4072 Harrу

Harrу

Posted Yesterday, 10:26 AM

View Posthummy33, on 26 January 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

hmm well I think that all the Doxing that rot members have been doing is pretty safe to say it is bad which is why I would like no speak towards these topics for example I read down the left hand side of one of Harry's posts and it spelt my address out so all people could see it was just hidden like a code.
you live at 42 wallaby way, Syndey everyone knows that mate

Posted Image

#4073 Pengy

Pengy

Posted Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Seems like there is a bug in the bumping system for the Clan Fight section. When a OSRS post has the last reply to a topic, but an RS3 thread is bumped, from the clan discussion view it will show the latest reply to the RS3 thread, but leave the OSRS tag. Not a big deal, but pointing out what I just noticed today.

Posted Image

#4074 Sir_Severed

Sir_Severed

Horse Whisperer

Posted Yesterday, 12:08 PM

View PostPengy, on 26 January 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Seems like there is a bug in the bumping system for the Clan Fight section. When a OSRS post has the last reply to a topic, but an RS3 thread is bumped, from the clan discussion view it will show the latest reply to the RS3 thread, but leave the OSRS tag. Not a big deal, but pointing out what I just noticed today.

Perhaps that was intentional to promote the superiority of OSRS over RS3?

Giddy Up! Eh Roy?

Posted Image

Proud FA of the best clan in the history of RuneScape!

Posted Image

Keep it real

#4075 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Never forget

Posted Yesterday, 12:12 PM

View PostHarrу, on 26 January 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

View Post^jordy, on 26 January 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

++

Jordy
What about the intention of allowing the community to discuss a forum moderator endorsing illegal activities, that not enough discussion value for you or does this forum not allow anything anti-establishment a la North Korea? We can't post topics about a certain clan or person and you're wondering why all the topics are generic boring topics. If you have to veil a topic so that it is subtly directed instead of directly at someone/clan then it isn't going to create any discussion it's just going to create equally veiled trolls. I mean you guys could rake in the forum activity if you wanted you're only being detrimental to your own activity.

Part one of the leaks on our forum alone has easily 2 times the views of pretty much every topic in CD.

[16:41] @Dj_av_valenI: Mike|Cera_S6
[16:41] @Abkb|: D156 u wanna call
[16:41] @Dj_av_valenI: hit oa off with ur booter

Strong forum moderators you have there.

We deal with staff member issues privately because it allows a fair investigation to take place. It's not to cover up anything. It's a bit of a farce considering the community sees people as guilty until proven innocent while administration sees innocence until proven guilty. It allows fairness not only to our staff members but to our users as well because we would give them the same benefit.

In case it matters, Senior Members don't have IP address access. Only Moderators or higher do.

View PostHarrу, on 26 January 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

View Posthummy33, on 26 January 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

you live at 42 wallaby way, Syndey everyone knows that mate

Even I knew that.

But yeah, let's not spam this topic please.

View PostPengy, on 26 January 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

It's a board-wide bug with forum tags. There's not really anything that can be done about it at this point in time.

Posted Image
"If you look for the light you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, it's all you'll ever see."

#4076 Sir_Severed

Sir_Severed

Horse Whisperer

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

I demand an explanation for why all of my recent top lists have gotten deleted.

Giddy Up! Eh Roy?

Posted Image

Proud FA of the best clan in the history of RuneScape!

Posted Image

Keep it real

#4077 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

Never forget

Posted Yesterday, 03:48 PM

View PostSir_Severed, on 26 January 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

I demand an explanation for why all of my recent top lists have gotten deleted.

Your recent post was removed because it did contain some flames, despite it otherwise being good. Flames and baiting aren't acceptable on the Top Clans List topic. I'll send you a PM with your post so you can fix it if you do so desire.

Posted Image

#4078 Gig

Gig

#Rot

• Clan:Rot
  • Team:Team Life

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

I am just curious as to why this topic: http://forums.zybez....our-clans-mind/ was locked, yet I see quite a few topics that could very well be pointed at another clan that may or may not Start with an R and end with an OT that stay open. Is it because that clan doesn't have any CD staff? Just curious.

My suggestion to make CD better is applying the same rules and restrictions to all clans.

Edited by Gig, Yesterday, 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: