3938 replies to this topic

#3921 Sfa05

Sfa05

• RS Name:Sfa05
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Dragonwood

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostKevin♫, on 12 October 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Only global moderators (red names) have access to the IP addresses here. No community leader or senior member has such access.
Has that always been the case? I remember a lot of problems before where that wasn't the case.
Posted Image

#3922 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

The Scientist

• RS Name:King Bradley
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostSfa05, on 12 October 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Only global moderators (red names) have access to the IP addresses here. No community leader or senior member has such access.
Has that always been the case? I remember a lot of problems before where that wasn't the case.

As far as I can remember, yes. If this were the case many, many years ago (when Zybez was created) then I wouldn't know.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

- Sun Tzu (Art of War)

Recruiting Board Leader // Clan Discussion Staff // General Discussion Staff // Contact me with any questions.

#3923 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostSfa05, on 12 October 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

I can't confirm if that's always been the case since the boards have been around but since I was promoted to Community Leader (2011) only Moderators and above have had access to IP addresses.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3924 Venomous76

Venomous76

Poison since day one.

• RS Name:Venomous76
  • Clan:Poison

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

No, at the time Elder was a moderator (correct me if i'm wrong), otherwise - regardless, why can a senior member that leaked ips in the past have the ability to moderate certain parts of these forums and you clearly said you trust your moderating team. Even if it's not about ips, other corrupted actions can be done.

You are what you hate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Join The Core:
#Poison - on Swiftirc.net

#3925 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

The Scientist

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostVenomous76, on 12 October 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

No, at the time Elder was a moderator (correct me if i'm wrong), otherwise - regardless, why can a senior member that leaked ips in the past have the ability to moderate certain parts of these forums and you clearly said you trust your moderating team. Even if it's not about ips, other corrupted actions can be done.

Elder Jr never held the position of Moderator on these boards at any point in time. Furthermore, those issues that you mentioned need to be discussed with administration. It seems that you've already brought it to the attention of administrators and they felt that the issue was resolved. If you have additional evidence or examples to give them, then go right ahead.

The reason why we don't allow these kind of discussions to be placed out in the open is because the only thing it's going to do is cause false allegations all around and even if the allegations are proven to be false, the allegations will forever remain. There is no conspiracy being done here against our users.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

- Sun Tzu (Art of War)

Recruiting Board Leader // Clan Discussion Staff // General Discussion Staff // Contact me with any questions.

#3926 Venomous76

Venomous76

Poison since day one.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostKevin♫, on 12 October 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Elder Jr never held the position of Moderator on these boards at any point in time. Furthermore, those issues that you mentioned need to be discussed with administration. It seems that you've already brought it to the attention of administrators and they felt that the issue was resolved. If you have additional evidence or examples to give them, then go right ahead.

The reason why we don't allow these kind of discussions to be placed out in the open is because the only thing it's going to do is cause false allegations all around and even if the allegations are proven to be false, the allegations will forever remain. There is no conspiracy being done here against our users.

So do you forbid a Senior member from leaking ips and leaking private forums/teamspeak audios then ?

Edited by Venomous76, 12 October 2014 - 10:30 AM.

You are what you hate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Join The Core:

#3927 Deeno1993

Deeno1993

• Team:Loljoke

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostVenomous76, on 12 October 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostKevin♫, on 12 October 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

So do you forbid a Senior member from leaking ips and leaking private forums/teamspeak audios then ?

Follow my twitch here

#3928 ^jordy

^jordy

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

In short, leaking won't be tolerated. We have zero tolerance policy when it comes to leaking private information, ips and ddosing.

Thanks for the information.

Jordy
The photographer makes the picture.
Nikon D90 - Nikkor 35mm f1.8 - Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5 - Adobe Photoshop CS6
Posted Image

#3929 Venomous76

Venomous76

Poison since day one.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

View Post^jordy, on 16 October 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

In short, leaking won't be tolerated. We have zero tolerance policy when it comes to leaking private information, ips and ddosing.

Jordy

Great, so which one of you do I PM?

You are what you hate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Join The Core:

#3930 ^jordy

^jordy

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostVenomous76, on 16 October 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Jordy

PM HAR with the evidence.
The photographer makes the picture.
Nikon D90 - Nikkor 35mm f1.8 - Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5 - Adobe Photoshop CS6
Posted Image

#3931 Demon of Ba

Demon of Ba

• RS Name:Demon of Ba

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Make a rule that clans can't spam their own topics with "wow great job" "you guys are doing so great clearly best p2p clan" etc

its so cancerous for me when i open a topic about 2 clans fighting and it seems like the clan posted the topic then mass poked their teamspeak and had everyone post something that seems to verify/confirm/boost how they did in the fight.

#3932 AF_Jaap

AF_Jaap

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostDemon of Ba, on 16 October 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Make a rule that clans can't spam their own topics with "wow great job" "you guys are doing so great clearly best p2p clan" etc

its so cancerous for me when i open a topic about 2 clans fighting and it seems like the clan posted the topic then mass poked their teamspeak and had everyone post something that seems to verify/confirm/boost how they did in the fight.
100% agree but only 2 clans do it df and sv and rot if they posted here

can we make signatures have videos? movie clips and youtube?? maybe would be nice i can do movie of the day or song of the day to make it nicer around :)

AF_JAAP

ancient fury jaap

99 mage 99 str 99 range

Proud VR Member & AF Member

7 months and counting

#3933 Molson

Molson

Omg its 2014!

• RS Name:Molson
  • Team:Zybez

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostVenomous76, on 16 October 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Jordy

PM me. The first claim is false, because Elder has never held a position above Senior Member on our forums, so he was never able to see IP's. The second, if you have proof of any leaking, PM the evidence to me. If you mean he leaked a forum outside of here - we have rarely ever punished for anything they do outside of this forum. That would kind of be like Jagex banning RS accounts for hacking. However, if substantial enough, who knows what could happen.

So, like I said, PM me with any concrete evidence you have and we can go from there.

[King - Zybez RSC] | [Questions involving Zybez? Contact me]
I want to put a ding in the universe.
- Steve Jobs

#3934 HAR

HAR

UNC Official -&- CD Senior Mod

• Clan:Clan Europe

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

Was in the process of writing a reply for the leaking part but Molson's beaten me to it lol.

RE members congratulating their own clan on RSC, those posts don't break the rules in any way and as you say, it's not hard to identify them and simlpy take whatever is said with a pinch of salt. Most clan members will comment positively on their own clan fight (particularly if they weren't in attendence) since it's pretty much what clans have always done.

RE videos in your signature, guidelines/rules here (http://forums.zybez....e-avatar-rules/). I know on Zetaboards it's possible to create fixed dimension flash boxes which don't load the video until it's clicked on - so in that regard, could comply with both dimension and file size rules - but I wouldn't want to say for sure in terms of whether it's been discussed before (and decided upon either way) OR whether IPB accomodates that sort of coding.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Euphoria Founder
Clan Europe Legend

I'll only accept your request if it
contains a link to your RSC profile.

Posted Image

#3935 Demon of Ba

Demon of Ba

• RS Name:Demon of Ba

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostAF_Jaap, on 16 October 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

View PostDemon of Ba, on 16 October 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

100% agree but only 2 clans do it df and sv and rot if they posted here

can we make signatures have videos? movie clips and youtube?? maybe would be nice i can do movie of the day or song of the day to make it nicer around :)
i've noticed af vr and df all do it too.  rot do it every topic.  i havent noticed sv posting here.

#3936 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

Stay on topic, If you have a suggestion then you're welcome to discuss it but you can take your arguments/flame baits somewhere else.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3937 Sfa05

Sfa05

• RS Name:Sfa05
  • Clan:Dragonwood

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

I mean what else are we gonna say on our win topics? It's either

a) thanks for the fight

b) was fun

c) ez fight ez life

I'm starting to use option c more often because I've been getting bored of a and b. Can't really improve CD by removing every post of someone saying gj as that's not really one of the underlying problems on CD. In fact we could probably use more involvement of any manner from clans right now.
Posted Image

#3938 Nullusion

Nullusion

Fashion Nugget

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostSfa05, on 22 October 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

I'm starting to use option c more often because I've been getting bored of a and b. Can't really improve CD by removing every post of someone saying gj as that's not really one of the underlying problems on CD. In fact we could probably use more involvement of any manner from clans right now.
I'm going to second that.

Regardless of what's said it's probably encouraging that said clan's members are actually posting and supporting their topic here. What more are you supposed to post other than 'Good fight # kills, # deaths' with some kill pictures? There's the frequent bickering and such, but as long as it's not out of line and they're arguing about something legitimate and related to the topic just let it rock.

I don't know why we should ever be barred from being able to congratulate another clan on their victories or simply post on topics either. If you want the community to remain active and expand there has to be someone from the outside looking in. In turn they'll probably want to drop their two cents in or post to congratulate a clan. Plus it can only help improve clan relations if they're willing to post on each other's topics.

Posted Image
Eternal Honour Holy Commander || Damage Incorporated Member
IRC: irc.quakenet.org #damage.inc
MSN: [email protected]

#3939 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

The Scientist

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

It was discussed between the CD staff previously and really the only posts that should be removed are posts on topics that just say "gj" or "lol" or "gg", those sort of things because they're considered spam. Posts like "grats clan" or "good work clan x" shouldn't get removed.

We've been more lenient in terms of what can be posted, but if it gets drawn off topic then it gets removed. For instance, on a clan fight topic if it gets dragged into a discussion about how bad a certain person's English is because they're from country X, then really it doesn't belong on that topic (or anywhere else on these boards for that matter).

- Sun Tzu (Art of War)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: