Help Us Improve Clan Discussion!

• Please log in to reply
3889 replies to this topic

#3881 Bow

Bow

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

Which thing on the price guide? the clan ads we've had since the OSRS came out? or?

You think breaking the board into two main sections CD/CF would have that much of an impact on people?
Senior Moderator
- Feel free to PM me if you need any anything and I will do my best to help.
Specialties:
-Clan Discussion
-OSRS Price Guide ( Please use the Price Guide Help Topic for inquiries)

#3882 Ralph ツ

Ralph ツ

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Downfall

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostBow, on 20 March 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

Which thing on the price guide? the clan ads we've had since the OSRS came out? or?

You think breaking the board into two main sections CD/CF would have that much of an impact on people?

Yeah the clan ads. And I don't KNOW if it will have any impact at all, it just brings more exposure imo.

We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer, or die.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.
[x-Dark Slayers][x-Illusion][x-Legacy][x-Resilience][[x--Downfall]
Posted Image

#3883 ^jordy

^jordy

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

Are you refering to a board for all wildy/cwa events and another board for fights? That would be like merging PK and CD together. Don't think it would benefit Zybez because at the end of the day, they need new traffic, by doing that, they are just moving the current traffic around.

Retired 15-03-2014
Posted Image

#3884 Ralph ツ

Ralph ツ

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Downfall

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

I mean instead of Clan Fights/clan recruiting being subforums, make them main forums and give "Clan Discussion" it's own section (similar to the off topic sections, the news sections, etc). Basically bring the hidden subforums to the front as well, because realistically people who aren't in clans aren't going to care about "Clan Discussion" or anything involving that- what could they possibly contribute? They might however see "X Clan 75+ Random Req Here" and think hey maybe I could join a PvP/PvM/whatever clan. Or they look at the clan video forum and see some of the fight vids people post and think "hey that's pretty awesome."

It's not a suggestion I expect to take off or even bring that much more activity for that matter, just food for thought and an example of one way to increase clan exposure to people who aren't in clans but still frequent zybez.

We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer, or die.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.
[x-Dark Slayers][x-Illusion][x-Legacy][x-Resilience][[x--Downfall]
Posted Image

#3885 PixelPigeon

PixelPigeon

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

Perhaps better advertisement methods. The ad's are alright but there's a bit of a lack.
Proud High Council of Final Ownage Elite
Apply for Final Ownage Elite today at http://foe-rs.com

#3886 imk

imk

Kìyevame

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

View PostPixelPigeon, on 15 April 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

Perhaps better advertisement methods. The ad's are alright but there's a bit of a lack.

I think we've had a lot advertisement. We got W13 to make a huge topic last year (that still sees activity) about joining clans, we have the ads on the price guide (which sees the most traffic than anywhere else on these boards), and to my knowledge there are something about clans on the regular zybez site (I think, don't quote me on that).

#3887 HAR

HAR

UNC Official -&- CD Senior Mod

• Clan:Clan Europe

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

View Postimk, on 15 April 2014 - 03:57 AM, said:

View PostPixelPigeon, on 15 April 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

I think we've had a lot advertisement. We got W13 to make a huge topic last year (that still sees activity) about joining clans, we have the ads on the price guide (which sees the most traffic than anywhere else on these boards), and to my knowledge there are something about clans on the regular zybez site (I think, don't quote me on that).
^
Pretty much, the predominant advertising outlets clans have at their disposal are the Price Guide ads, Recruitment section and the directory on the Zybez site. Occasionally the hosted tournments/graphics competitions/blogs/interviews etc. have also been available for clans to highlight themselves if they chose to do so.

If anyone has any alternative ideas, we're more than happy to hear about and look into them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Euphoria Founder
Clan Europe Legend

RSN: H A Richards
IRC Nick: HAR
IRC Server: swiftirc.net

Posted Image

#3888 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

In addition, Banned Members may not have open topics at any times, this applies to all subforums of Clan Discussion.

It may be time to change this.

Posted Image

#3889 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

View PostAragon, on 16 April 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

In addition, Banned Members may not have open topics at any times, this applies to all subforums of Clan Discussion.

It may be time to change this.
Yes, the rule is gone now. The status of OP will no longer be a reason for a lock, if the topic has discussion value it will stay open. We all know that there's not too many new topics these days so we'll try to support the activity we still have.

Posted Image

Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader
PM me if you need assistance.

#3890 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

It's the end of the line

• RS Name:Killerred005

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

To add onto what Jaacco said, that rule was removed for the main Clan Discussion forums. It is, however, still in place for all of the Recruiting forums (the Global Recruiting Rules have been adjusted accordingly).
Posted Image

Former Divine Forces and Shadow Elves
Global Moderator of Zybez RuneScape Community
Board Leader of Recruiting
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Join "ZChat" - Zybez Friends Chat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: