Bears Forums: http://rs-bears.com/...dex.php?act=idx

Team Trinity Forums: http://rs-trinity.ne...dex.php?act=idx

#3862 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

The filter is in place as part of the global rules which encompass the whole board. You and the majority of clan discussions may not be (biologically) 14, but there are no doubt 14 year olds using other parts of the boards.

Posted Image

#3863 Deeno1993

Deeno1993

• RS Status:Free
  • Team:Critical D

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostToeJam, on 20 February 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

The filter is in place as part of the global rules which encompass the whole board. You and the majority of clan discussions may not be (biologically) 14, but there are no doubt 14 year olds using other parts of the boards.

There's probably 7 year olds that play runescape, but you can still turn the filter off on that. Couldn't we at least have the option to turn off the filter?
Saviour of the clan world. remember my name.

Posted Image
LEL we ded but we still get u poison

#3864 Phaeo

Phaeo
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Allow 3PP

Edited by Phaeo, 21 February 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#3865 Sir_Severed

Sir_Severed

Old School

• RS Name:Sir Severed

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

I think you should just allow a free for all and allow the board to do with itself as it may. Throughout its history it has been overmoderated and that has created the environment it has today. Obviously keep things relevant to Runescape, but peel back the lame rules and think long and hard before adding more. Then maybe we can get rid of the trolls, meta trolls, and propagandists that make up 90% of the posts on this board.

#3866 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostDeeno1993, on 21 February 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostToeJam, on 20 February 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

There's probably 7 year olds that play runescape, but you can still turn the filter off on that. Couldn't we at least have the option to turn off the filter?

There isn't a feature on ip.boards that allows for an optional filter. With that said, how difficult is it to refrain from using profanity to express yourself well? Be creative... witty posts can still be witty without some random f word or whatever thrown into the mix.

View PostPhaeo, on 21 February 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Allow 3PP

There is a topic dedicated to the discussion of those kind of changes here. The final decision lies with the cd forum staff, but we're are asking members of the boards to bring up suggestions.

View PostSir_Severed, on 21 February 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

I think you should just allow a free for all and allow the board to do with itself as it may. Throughout its history it has been overmoderated and that has created the environment it has today. Obviously keep things relevant to Runescape, but peel back the lame rules and think long and hard before adding more. Then maybe we can get rid of the trolls, meta trolls, and propagandists that make up 90% of the posts on this board.

Standards is the first word that came to mind reading that. That being said, we are actually quite leniant if you compare moderation to other parts of the board. As for 'lame rules', again, please refer to the topic that I linked above.

Posted Image

#3867 Sir_Severed

Sir_Severed

Old School

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Standards are obviously important but the ones right now are misguided. You've quelled all real discussion and conversation and only allow posting that fits into the approved template, everything else is locked, warned, banned. We aren't kids any more, we can control ourselves better and want to be free to do as we like within limitations.

#3868 ^jordy

^jordy

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:37 AM

Although I personally like your idea, 'the clan world' however seems not. Most people are saying that we need to be more strict and enforce higher standards. Please continue on Bow's topic, it may be an idea to post your idea there and to find out what the rest says.

Retired 15-03-2014
Posted Image

#3869 Sir_Severed

Sir_Severed

Old School

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

I want to post just one last time in here to tell you we do need a substantial amount of enforcement under clan fights. That forum should be kept as pure as possible in order to allow people a true glimpse at the clan world. Listen to the regulations people want on that. We hold that section to certain ideals and standards because we want an honest spot to go to where we can see how the clan world is actually doing in the wild. But that doesn't mean you should disallow all banter, heck even flaming so long as there is a basis to it beyond "your mom died". There's an ignore button for a reason. Clan discussion however should be just that, a place for all clans to come together and discuss whatever they want. Not have their topics constantly locked, themselves warned and banned for mods overreacting, and be told to post an approved response in an approved stickied or official thread. We want you guys to do one thing, give us an place to discuss what we want however we want.

Edited by Sir_Severed, 22 February 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#3870 Sector Six

Sector Six
  • RS Name:Sector Six

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

One persons opinion on what is suitable and is letting users discuss things as freely as possible will vary dramatically between people due to loads of different factors; it's harder said than done is what I am saying.

There is a topic currently open here discussing some current ideas brought upon by both users of the board and the staff which might be relevant to your post, why not voice your opinion the matters and put your own ideas in there as well.
http://forums.zybez....y-interest-you/

Global Moderator
AOTM/ASC Leader x Achievements Co-Leader x Multimedia & Design Co-Leader
If you have any price guide or board related issues or questions; feel free to PM me.
Are you interested in graphics and/or digital media? Check out my gallery here.
Posted Image

#3871 Vio

Vio

The Chaosrider

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostToeJam, on 21 February 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

There isn't a feature on ip.boards that allows for an optional filter. With that said, how difficult is it to refrain from using profanity to express yourself well? Be creative... witty posts can still be witty without some random f word or whatever thrown into the mix.

Related but unrelated question - is it possible to toggle on/off the feature that fixes caps in topic titles (Eg. "VR STRONG" to "Vr Strong")?
I can see it's usefulness but sometimes multiple consecutive caps are necessary :unsure:

Rejoined WG. New sig soon.

Posted Image

#3872 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

It's the end of the line

• RS Name:Killerred005

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostVio, on 26 February 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostToeJam, on 21 February 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Related but unrelated question - is it possible to toggle on/off the feature that fixes caps in topic titles (Eg. "VR STRONG" to "Vr Strong")?
I can see it's usefulness but sometimes multiple consecutive caps are necessary :unsure:

Since it's a board-wide suggestion you'd have better luck suggesting it here.
Posted Image

Former Divine Forces and Shadow Elves
Global Moderator of Zybez RuneScape Community
Board Leader of Recruiting
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Join "ZChat" - Zybez Friends Chat

#3873 Falcon2k5

Falcon2k5

Echo of SIlence

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Down to 20 active users of Clan discussion due to staff mocking clans with outdated rules, but at least you still have standards.

#AF

<%ggs> DI does fight in p2p

#3874 ^jordy

^jordy

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostFalcon2k5, on 06 March 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Down to 20 active users of Clan discussion due to staff mocking clans with outdated rules, but at least you still have standards.
Thanks for pointing out that we have standards, that's very nice of you. Yeah we're doing our best to increase the activity in CD again, that's why we've posted the 'Proposed Changes To Clan Fights, They May Interest You.' topic. If you have any ideas to change the rules, please post them there, so your fellow CD comrades can reply as well and we can discuss the subject.

Retired 15-03-2014
Posted Image

#3875 Falcon2k5

Falcon2k5

Echo of SIlence

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

View Post^jordy, on 07 March 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Thanks for pointing out that we have standards, that's very nice of you. Yeah we're doing our best to increase the activity in CD again, that's why we've posted the 'Proposed Changes To Clan Fights, They May Interest You.' topic. If you have any ideas to change the rules, please post them there, so your fellow CD comrades can reply as well and we can discuss the subject.
I didn't say you had good standards, which is evidently the problem you are so unwilling to address.

#AF

#3876 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

It's the end of the line

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostFalcon2k5, on 07 March 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

I didn't say you had good standards, which is evidently the problem you are so unwilling to address.

If you have a problem with it, then you're better of posting it in the topic that ^jordy posted. It doesn't help anyone if users point out that a problem exists without identifying what it is.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3877 Falcon2k5

Falcon2k5

Echo of SIlence

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostKevin♫, on 07 March 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

If you have a problem with it, then you're better of posting it in the topic that ^jordy posted. It doesn't help anyone if users point out that a problem exists without identifying what it is.

Problems have been identified a thousand times over, and are quickly swept under the carpet unless the staff take a liking to it.  

Also whoever pointed out that other forum sections are against our suggested rule changes should be made aware that clan discussion is half the reason these boards are still open.

#AF

#3878 Ralph ツ

Ralph ツ

• Clan:Downfall

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

This topic still pertains to changes to CD that would improve it, and as such telling people to move their suggestion somewhere else is just one of the stupid replies people are complaining about getting from CD staff. This topic is ALSO about improving CD (if you don't consider Clan Fights a part of CD then that's your prerogative I suppose).

If you want it to improve stop overmoderating it (simple) and try to do the same thing Mat K does with Runescape (attempts to bring awareness to PKing/clans) but on Zybez, give people a reason to click on Clan Discussion. Used to be you didn't need to do that, now you do. It benefits us because maybe someone will think hey I want to join a clan, and you get more activity in this area of the boards.

We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer, or die.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.
[x-Dark Slayers][x-Illusion][x-Legacy][x-Resilience][[x--Downfall]
Posted Image

#3879 Kevin♫

Kevin♫

It's the end of the line

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostRalph ツ, on 19 March 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

This topic still pertains to changes to CD that would improve it, and as such telling people to move their suggestion somewhere else is just one of the stupid replies people are complaining about getting from CD staff. This topic is ALSO about improving CD (if you don't consider Clan Fights a part of CD then that's your prerogative I suppose).

If you want it to improve stop overmoderating it (simple) and try to do the same thing Mat K does with Runescape (attempts to bring awareness to PKing/clans) but on Zybez, give people a reason to click on Clan Discussion. Used to be you didn't need to do that, now you do. It benefits us because maybe someone will think hey I want to join a clan, and you get more activity in this area of the boards.

The reason I redirected that particular suggestion to that topic is because that topic is where we were asking for those particular kinds of suggestions. It's much easier for us to have replies in that one topic so we can piece them together (and discuss it) properly.

Your suggestion, however, does not belong in that topic as it's not about rule changes (which were being brought up in that topic).

Now, in response, what can be done to encourage more clicks to the Clan Discussion forum? We have already implemented various advertising techniques (linking Clan Discussion topics into the price guide alongside clan advertisements). If there's anything else that can be done I'd be glad to hear it.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3880 Ralph ツ

Ralph ツ

• Clan:Downfall

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

I don't remember the exact year, but I remember in like 07 or 08 Corruption thought they'd be cool and fight all of Tip.It so they asked Tip.It to host an event where Corruption warred all of them in the wild/clan wars (honestly don't remember). Zybez could do the same thing if people even go to Zybez events/would be interested, it's all about exposure for the clan world at this point. They could all fight RoT in P2P or DF in F2P or something like that.

I don't know if this would fly, not if it would gain traffic, but expanding the clan forums to the way Tip.It has it set up (where it's an entire section rather than just a single forum) would pseupsychologically bullcrap people into seeing more clan-related things each day and make it more probable that they'd check the forum out.

Actually I saw the thing on the price guide I think (Think it promoted AF or something?) and quite liked it.

Edited by Ralph ツ, 19 March 2014 - 10:32 PM.

We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer, or die.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.
[x-Dark Slayers][x-Illusion][x-Legacy][x-Resilience][[x--Downfall]
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: