• Please log in to reply
3937 replies to this topic

#1 Tim-

Tim-

squat til you puke

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Druidz

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

Note: Since warnings don't work: anything posted in this thread that is not a suggestion and/or any form of trolling or 'troll suggestions', are going to be dealt with via suspension.

If you think you have a good clan related suggestions please post in this topic and a Senior Clan Staff member will comment on your suggestion ASAP. If it's a good suggestion that could end up in improving Clan Discussion, it will be discussed among the Clan Staff.

Some basic guidelines:
  • Do not post reports on this topic, either use the Report button or PM a CL/Moderator.
  • If you want to ask about a specific topic that is alright, but expect one reply explaining it. If you debate the topic on this thread and a CL+ says enough, accept the decision. You may PM whoever replied to your concern for more detail.
  • Do not make claims of CL's/Moderators being biased in this topic.  If there is a specific problem you are having with a Clans Staff member, send a PM to one of the Senior Clans Staff members (Molson, Yoto32, and Jaacco).
  • Do not create off-topic arguments on this topic. This topic is strictly for clan discussion suggestions and this is a serious topic.
  • If you spam, it will be removed and you could be suspended.
  • Do not post suggestions regarding the UNC or the RAW list; they are independent from RSC - we just host the forum.  If you think either of the two are not upliving their own rules or standards, then send a PM to Molson.
  • For non-clan related suggestions please create a topic here instead of making a post on this topic.
Repeated instances of failing to obey those guidelines, or general trolling on this topic WILL result in a rating deduction and suspension. This topic is to help CD, not an avenue for you to get post count and complain.

This thread is for YOU.  CD is great because of the users; we need your support and suggestions to continue making progress.

FREQUENTLY SUGGESTED IDEAS
The following ideas have been suggested and won't be happening anytime soon. Please try to avoid suggesting them again:
  • Scrapping or changing the Top List - We aren't getting rid of it, and it is already pretty heavily modded. If it bothers you we really are sorry but try and avoid it.
  • Making any staff decisions based on clans. - We don't care what clan someone is in when considering whether to promote them.
  • Bias - Contrary to what you think, our moderators are very impartial and consult with others before making big decisions.
  • Modding certain topics - We have a general guideline that mods will not touch their own clan's topics. Circumstances sometimes require that they do, and we are not going to make it a steadfast rule.
  • A PM for every deleted post - Most of the time when posts are deleted, the person knows exactly why. We delete hundreds every week, and it would be too much work to PM everyone. If you are wondering what is wrong with your post, please PM any moderator and we can tell you.
  • Demoting individuals - If you have concerns about bias, PM an admin.

Most Intimidating Member 2007-2013

#2 THOMAS

THOMAS

:::Clan Discussion Addict:::

• RS Name:Mixd Up
  • Clan:RSC

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

We have wiped this topic and updated the rules. Please note that if you troll this topic and repeatedly disregard the guidelines, you will be suspended. If you are actually posting to help CD, you have nothing to worry about.

We have the old threads saved, so we have a record about previous posts, but feel free to resuggest something if you feel like we have forgotten it. There is a list in the post above me outlining some things you SHOULDN'T resuggest.

Posted Image

RSC Staff since early 2007 - Self proclaimed legend of CD

#3 Pondtail

Pondtail

Ex member of The Hunters

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

I suggest u allow the other topic to be views by normal members so we can see what has been discussed and declined or accepted.

or just have someone make a post showing whats been accepted and whats been declined to sum it up

#4 tmo

tmo

• RS Name:The Man O
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

View PostPondtail, on Sep 6 2009, 09:14 PM, said:

I suggest u allow the other topic to be views by normal members so we can see what has been discussed and declined or accepted.

or just have someone make a post showing whats been accepted and whats been declined to sum it up
Expand the hide tags in the starting post.

#5 THOMAS

THOMAS

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

View PostPondtail, on Sep 6 2009, 03:14 PM, said:

It was up for 9 months and no one read the old posts. If anyone has a specific question about if something has been suggested, we can hunt for it, but I did make a list of the common things that come up over and over. Other stuff we can re-discuss.

Posted Image

#6 Tim-

Tim-

squat til you puke

• Clan:Druidz

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

There is no harm in suggesting something that's already been discussed, but I see no realistic value in making the old thread visible to members (yes, I realize someone may possibly see an old suggestion and offer an improvement, but that's so unlikely it's not worthwhile).
Most Intimidating Member 2007-2013

#7 Da Man04

Da Man04

Act Like a Champion.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

Add a mod into these forums so that if an image is quoted a certain amount of times it is just displayed as a link.

Divine Forces

Posted Image

#8 Marinesnipe5

Marinesnipe5

Jay

• RS Name:Marinesnipe5

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

View PostDa Man04, on Sep 6 2009, 07:35 PM, said:

Add a mod into these forums so that if an image is quoted a certain amount of times it is just displayed as a link.
Agreed. It's quite annoying scrolling through the quote towers with tons of pictures in them in Clan Fights and such.

| IRC: [Jay] | RSN: Marinesnipe5 |

#9 Entendu

Entendu

RR Leader

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

View PostDa Man04, on Sep 6 2009, 10:35 PM, said:

That's more of a global RSC thing. I'll direct this question to one of the more tech-savvy Senior Mods and get back to you.

EDIT:

PM response from No1 1000:

Unfortunately, the answer is simply no. I could set it up to turn any quoted image into a link, which might work, but not only ones quoted {n} times. And either way, at this point in 2.3.6's life, it's not likely to happen. Maybe on 3.0.

Edited by Entendu101, 06 September 2009 - 10:00 PM.

Global Moderator
PM me with any questions or queries regarding RSC.

[Rune Raiders]

#10 Da Man04

Da Man04

Act Like a Champion.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for the speedy response Entendu.

I also have another query. Why was this not closed? http://www.zybez.net...owtopic=1295617. It's not posted by a leader/member of the clan, and in the past topics were closed when not posted by an actual member stating that they closed.

Divine Forces

Posted Image

#11 «RaSCaL»

«RaSCaL»

Want Castro whacked? Hire the mafia!

• RS Name:Red Rascal
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:CL

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

Perhaps because no ex-DT members have disputed the topic or asked for its closure. They (thus far) seem to be happy with its existence.
[Chivalry Legions High Council. Queries about my clan and/or members? PM me ツ]
Posted Image

#12 THOMAS

THOMAS

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

View PostDa Man04, on Sep 6 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

Thanks for the speedy response Entendu.

I also have another query. Why was this not closed? http://www.zybez.net...owtopic=1295617. It's not posted by a leader/member of the clan, and in the past topics were closed when not posted by an actual member stating that they closed.
Doesn't really matter who posts it if it really happened. When we lock it for the reason you specified is when a non-official or non-member for that matter posts a topic that is a fake closing. If Dark Tamers in this case doesn't complain, on the grounds that it is a legitimate closing, then there is no harm in Saddam posting it.

Posted Image

#13 George

George
  • RS Name:Gkef

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:10 AM

Has a decision been made on whether RSC will be enforcing clan agreements in Clan Fights?

#14 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

View PostGkef, on Sep 7 2009, 09:13 AM, said:

Has a decision been made on whether RSC will be enforcing clan agreements in Clan Fights?
No we are not. That's up to the clan community to discuss on the victory topic

#15 Lentiano

Lentiano

Lentiano

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hi :)

Could someone please clarify the rules on "best tank in X clan" "Best binder in Df" type topics please. Couldnt find any clarification in the rules :)

Thats all for now

Perm Banned by Tmo Jan-28th 2010.

Unbanned by Dark blade April-2nd 2010.

=]

#16 Proximo

Proximo

Divine Forces

• RS Name:Dea Proximo
  • Clan:DF

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

As far as I am aware, Best tank topics and such are and always have been, allowed, because they generate some forum activity.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 THOMAS

THOMAS

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

We reluctantly allow them, but if they get either too spammy or if it gets to the point where people are posting multiple times for post count then we shut them down as they have run their course.

Posted Image

#18 Lentiano

Lentiano

Lentiano

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

thank you tmal, you've been a great help, ill be sure to suggest to higher ranks that you get s-mod :P

Perm Banned by Tmo Jan-28th 2010.

Unbanned by Dark blade April-2nd 2010.

=]

#19 Killdogg9pp8

Killdogg9pp8

Proud Shadow Elf

• RS Name:Destriant
  • Clan:Solace

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

View PostEntendu101, on Sep 7 2009, 03:54 AM, said:

View PostDa Man04, on Sep 6 2009, 10:35 PM, said:

That's more of a global RSC thing. I'll direct this question to one of the more tech-savvy Senior Mods and get back to you.

EDIT:

PM response from No1 1000:

Unfortunately, the answer is simply no. I could set it up to turn any quoted image into a link, which might work, but not only ones quoted {n} times. And either way, at this point in 2.3.6's life, it's not likely to happen. Maybe on 3.0.

I don't know if this is what he meant or not, but if that can't be done, then why not have the option so that it can hide the quote towers, like you have at the top of this topic? It would tidy some of the huge posts up some what, and people could simply exand it to see what that person is replying too.

Again, I don't know if that's what he meant. :rolleyes:

Edited by Killdogg9pp8, 07 September 2009 - 03:34 PM.

Semi-Retired

#20 tmo

tmo

• RS Name:The Man O

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

Anyone can use
[hide][/hide]
tags, but i believe the question is whether the boards can do it automatically when an image is quoted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: