How To Keep Track Of Slayer Tasks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 W13

W13
  • RS Name:W13
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

How do I keep track of slayer tasks? I want to know how far I am into completing a task. How do I check that?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Can't tan pon it long, naw eat no yam, no steam fish, nor no green banana" - Sean Paul

#2 nut legend

nut legend

• RS Name:paladin nut
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

Hey,

You can get a combat braclet, or you can use the diamonds you can buy from slayer masters.

Regards,

Josh
Posted Image
Paladin Nut - Made on the 16/7/09 - Done DT and MM - Visit my G & A, here

#3 bolsh

bolsh

understanding

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

using a combat braclet while on a slayer task will tell you how many you have left; using a slayer gem and talking to your slayer master will tell you; using the lunar spell "contact NPC" will also let you talk to your slayer master, ask how many left. there are a myriad of things you can use in order to see how many monsters you have left on a task.
"Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#4 anselhelm

anselhelm

Moved On

• RS Name:anselhelm
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

Don't forget rings of slaying.

#5 mule

mule

: ^

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

All of these are good options, but they carry a cost.

Slayer rings are probably the best natural option, because they have dual purpose (teleporting) and you probably have one anyway.

However, sometimes taking the time to check your task is not an option. This method requires you to be a fairly reliable note taker, as well as a decent multi tasker.

Step 1) Know the monster you're fighting, how many you have and how much slayer exp you get for each kill (not applicable to variable tasks).
Step 2) Record your starting slayer (or hp if you're not doing slayer but want to kill a certain amount of a monster.)
Step 3) Calculate your ending exp.
Step 4) Use your current slayer exp to know how far into your task you are.

This sort of information is easy to plug into a spreadsheet for fast updating.

If you only care about if you're done with a task or not, you can simply check to see if you're gaining slayer exp after a kill. Gain exp? Still on the task. No slayer exp? Finished with task (or you're killing the wrong slayer monster.)

This is a bit more complicated than other methods, but sometimes you want the extra inventory spot, or you forget the gem, and who wants to waste perfectly good combat stats from barrows gloves on the slayer bracelet?

I have had this method come in handy quite often, especially when logging in to areas after some time where I'm attacked immediately and cannot check my slayer ring. (Note if you use the ring very quickly after BEING attacked you can often get to the window in time before you get attacked again. I use my slayer ring in combat to check how many are left on a fairly regular basis.)
0x2DF
http://stats.leetsig...astermule52.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: