• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gratemage

Gratemage

10 Years of Runescape

• RS Name:Gratemage
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

I do understand that Karil's Crossbow gives you +84 on range attack and the Rune Crossbow gives you +90 on range attack, but which of them hits faster?

Also, which would you prefer if you were pking?

#2 sozer

sozer

C.R.E.A.M.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

Karil's is faster, and 2h.

Rune xbow is slower and 1h.

I wouldn't use either as my main weapon, though people have used both.  It's just a matter of personal preference.

http://img.got-skill...ear Dot Inc.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#3 Nipaw

Nipaw

The real Nipaw.

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Personally, I prefer the rune one for Pk'ing in love level single, since it has big hits, but is slow, and I like the Karil's one when PK'ing deeper with ancient magic, because that one is way faster and is like 99% accuracy.
K, I changed my avatar, but I'm still going to be a douche.
TRY TO STOP ME BWAHAHHAHAHA!

Arrancar8 said:

U used pots to boost up your attack and strngh right? at first i thought it was hacked, but i remembered potions.

#4 rm 157

rm 157

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

Karils is 2h and the bolts aren't recoverable, even with accumulator.  Rune c'bow is more accurate and has stronger ammo and is 1h, but it makes for more awkward switches to ko weapons (if you are using them) in edge.
~~The Seniors are better than you, and they know it~~

http://www.danasoft....g/Pessimist.jpg [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Awsome text RPG : HCS - Sign up

#5 Carnage

Carnage

• RS Name:Fail2Comply
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

Karil's XBow is very fast, hits high, and is very fun to pk with.

Have any questions? PM me.

Also known as GT-R

#6 Drop

Drop

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

Although karil's c'bow looks fun to pk with in the end a rune c'bow with D bolts will help you more, especially if your hybriding  ;-)

#7 Cyborg

Cyborg

The Robot Pker

• RS Name:Cyborg
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

Well if you are using KO weapons such as D Claws or Ags use Karil's Xbow, but if you are just tanking then use the Rune XBow.

#8 a can o corn

a can o corn

• RS Name:Mandems
  • Clan:#rseos

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

View Postpatel p00ner, on Jul 29 2009, 09:35 PM, said:

Well if you are using KO weapons such as D Claws or Ags use Karil's Xbow, but if you are just tanking then use the Rune XBow.

I'm sorry but that is the stupidest comment ever, considering karils crossbow protects over claws.

Posted Image

#9 Zor

Zor

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:55 AM

I'm pretty sure on pvp servers the protected item is based on G.E value, so that's not true.

I'd say K-Bow if you're wanting some nice quick combos and you have a KO weapon, but Rune X-Bow if it's your only weapon being used.

#10 Carnage

Carnage

• RS Name:Fail2Comply

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:30 AM

View PostZor, on Jul 30 2009, 02:58 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure on pvp servers the protected item is based on G.E value, so that's not true.

No, JaGEx has their own way to determine how items are protected. So yes, Karils does protect over Dragon Claws. The same way that Guthan's Plateskirt protects over whip.

Have any questions? PM me.

Also known as GT-R

#11 Club Cheval

Club Cheval

Xezt Dinasty

• RS Name:Club Cheval

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

View PostZor, on Jul 30 2009, 09:58 AM, said:

I think its based on alchemy value :)

Posted Image

Club Cheval

#12 Hege

Hege

のヮの

• RS Name:Smart Cirno

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

Rune c'box and karil x bow both have their good and bad sides, and they have a really "depends" type of uses.

I personaly love Karil bow though, it hits rapid 20+'s and if you combine that with poisoned Morrigan jav special.. Its a serious overhelm.

Rune c'bow however has the lovely d bolt special.. And other special bolts. Works great as a sudden KO as its self, and good with veng to hit heavy damage.

I'd personally pick karil bow over rune c'bow any day, just cause of the speed. If you have a high ranged level, you can combo your opponents food down so fast its not even funny, for your opponent that is.
Posted Image
D.C.L.A.W.S.: Digital Cybernetic Lifeform Assembled for Worldwide Sabotage

#13 blue hawk117

blue hawk117

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

View PostZor, on Jul 30 2009, 03:58 AM, said:

I'd say K-Bow if you're wanting some nice quick combos and you have a KO weapon, but Rune X-Bow if it's your only weapon being used.

Feel free to pk with a partyhat in a +1 world, after all, youll protect it! ^_^

In all seriousness I'd say go for the rune crossbow. I enjoy the k bow a lot, but its hits are more predictable but with an r cbow and dragon bolts you can hit 50+. Plus, if it means anything you get to keep some of your bolts where in a k bow you lose them when you shoot them.
Removing my posts without reason results in a re-post.

#14 Link Unit

Link Unit

Playa kill

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

I personally think the rune crossbow is better especially with emerald/diamond or dragon bolts (enchanted of course) but karils x-bow is really fun to pk with for some reason. Think of the x-bow like a machine gun in how fast it shoots and it's perfect if your going to switch to a dds or ags for a ko.
Ex member of Runescape Dinasty, Dead on Arrival and Damage Inc.
Can't relive the past.

#15 Larsen

Larsen

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

Ill go for karils..But id say Rune cbow for single and karils for multi or ko with dds

Edit. I think Rune cbow and maul is quite good.

Edited by M0nkey12play, 30 July 2009 - 09:16 AM.

( : (

#16 sacredsword2

sacredsword2

MM #1

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

View Posta can o corn, on Jul 29 2009, 11:08 PM, said:

View Postpatel p00ner, on Jul 29 2009, 09:35 PM, said:

I'm sorry but that is the stupidest comment ever, considering karils crossbow protects over claws.
Not all of us are welfare.... *makes a mental note never to use karils with claws*

It totally depends on what you are going for. If you are only using one weapon, Rune Xbow.Karils is good if you have maybe some morrigans javelins or a gmaul to ko with.

Posted Image
Not really sure why I have -4 rep...

#17 BlitzGT

BlitzGT

• RS Status:Free

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

I personally favor xbow > morrigans javs.

View PostWhyare_Udead, on Aug 13 2009, 04:56 PM, said:

Use Silverlight, same stats as Iron Longsword but you only need 1 Attack to wield it.

#18 Sdn

Sdn

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

Karil to javs or rune c bow and d bolts is good

You could also do msb to javs or rune c bow.

#19 Amigop

Amigop

Gingers Do Have Souls

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

They are really nothing alike besides both having Crossbow in the name.

Karil's is fast, moderately powered, and has 1 type of ammo.

Rune Crossbow is mediocre speed, huge hits, and several bolts could be getting shot at you.

Karil's fits the "main weapon" mold perfectly, while a Rune Crossbow is more of a finisher weapon or a weapon for Tanking.
Posted Image

#20 Vinny`

Vinny`

Keep it simple .

• RS Name:Vinnn

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

depends on what type of account you're going to use it on , i prefer karils x-bow above any other range weapon
on my pure,then again i would never use on one my main because it would be inaccurate on rune/barrows.

If you're looking for speed & a weapon that can combo with melee weapons/magic go for Xbow
if you're looking for big hits go with rune Crossbow

Vinny`

Sleeping is for dreamers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: