Which Item Is (rather) Expensive That Spawns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Timmy Ownage

Timmy Ownage

Proud to be Brutality

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

I am trying to figure out an item that spawns somewhere in the game which is fairly expensive. The reason for this is simple. There probably is an item spawning somewhere in the game which I cannot currently think of which is rather expensive and respawns. You could use this to pretty much transfer money from one account to another, whereas it is not exactly transfering but at the same time it is. You could simply pick this item up continuously on the account you want to transfer to and then sell it to the account that you are transfering from. Basically you have a permanent buyer for the item you pick up. The item just has to be expensive enough/spawning fast enough to make it worth doing.

I hope someone can think of something (A)

Edited by Timmy Ownage, 30 July 2009 - 05:09 AM.

#2 tlin25

tlin25

• RS Name:tlin25
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:OfTheGods

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

That's fairly clever, except that in order for it to be transferring money (rather than just making money) it would have to be an item whose GE value far exceeds actual worth. (otherwise you could just sell the item via GE on the account that's picking it up). Usually this will only be the case for items that have been merched and dumped. So for example if some clan merched Snape Grass or Mort Myre Fungi up to 3x their normal value and dumped them, then this would be doable.

#3 Nibble

Nibble

Every Little Helps :)

• RS Name:Justice Act
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

I know there are the Potato Cactus in the Kalphite dungeon, 1.4k each, and are in threes in the dungeon, however, you are vunreble to being attacked by the soldiers and poisoned until the aggression wears off.

Quit Runescape in September 2010.

#4 Timmy Ownage

Timmy Ownage

Proud to be Brutality

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

View Posttlin25, on Jul 29 2009, 11:20 PM, said:

That's fairly clever, except that in order for it to be transferring money (rather than just making money) it would have to be an item whose GE value far exceeds actual worth. (otherwise you could just sell the item via GE on the account that's picking it up). Usually this will only be the case for items that have been merched and dumped. So for example if some clan merched Snape Grass or Mort Myre Fungi up to 3x their normal value and dumped them, then this would be doable.
I thought of that. I went through every secondary ingredient item for herblore, but none of them were worth doing with the "normal" prices. Obviously it would be worth it when it has been merched by a clan, but what I am trying to look for is an item that is easy to get your hands on. If the item is far away from a bank that is not a real problem. You can just trade, for instance, 27 of the item to the other account which drops them, then repeat.

View PostSnozzles, on Jul 29 2009, 11:24 PM, said:

I know there are the Potato Cactus in the Kalphite dungeon, 1.4k each, and are in threes in the dungeon, however, you are vunreble to being attacked by the soldiers and poisoned until the aggression wears off.
That might be worth looking into. Don't they just spawn next to the Kalphite Queen though? If they also spawn somewhere else, which I am not aware of, then it will be worth it because getting unagro to the soldiers and stuff isn't too hard, even on an account with one defense. Just take a few prayer potions and a few anti-poison potions and you'll be set.

EDIT: I looked it up on here. There are only three spawns in the room where there is no kalphite queen. Waiting for the respawns will take too much time and therefore I don't think it's a good idea to do that.

EDIT 2: Perhaps an item that might be worth looking in to are whiteberries. They spawn in the Red Dragon area, at around 42 level wilderness. One thing that might become annoying will be the revenants... However, even though Revenants are around you might still be able to gather/drop a good ?2k? per hour, hopefully more and transfer around 1.5M/hour doing so.

Edited by Timmy Ownage, 29 July 2009 - 04:37 PM.

#5 blue hawk117

blue hawk117

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

I know for a fact that whiteberries are your best option. You could also try blue dragon scales, and bring a pestle and mortar and grind them up before you trade for an extra 50-100 gp per.
Removing my posts without reason results in a re-post.

#6 skil_z

skil_z

Aussie Aussie Aussie

• RS Name:skil_z

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

Best way before they changed it was morrigan javs p++ but they fixed it ages ago.. Also grapes from chest where u buy burrows gloves but they nerfed it too fml

. : :A u s s i e   U n i t : : .

#7 Mind Freak

Mind Freak

• RS Name:blink_man182

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

I always liked red spider eggs. They are a good place and you can find spots where they respond at 4(ish) at a time, then bank.

Posted Image

[126 Combat][99Attack][94Strength][95 Defence][97Hits]

Natural Born Killer

Message me if you have any questions!

#8 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

This isn't really a spawn, but if you plant the cactus special bush in Al Kharid (requires 55 farming), you can pick the 3 cactus spines off it every hour or so which are 3.2k each currently. You do not need to replant the cactus in order for the spines to grow back.

Posted Image

#9 IZephyrI

IZephyrI

• RS Name:IZephyrI

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

Monk Robe tops are 1k-ish each last I checked. Just need to get into the monastery.

Any herblore second ingredient. Whiteberries, Snape Grass, Red Spider Eggs, etc.

Also, it's not as expensive, but there's more spawns of it... Swamp Tar. 200-ish each? Been awhile since I looked. In Lumby swamp there's like 20 spawns, though. Plus they're stackable.

#10 akknight

akknight

My Attitude is Tattooed

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

Ive seen people transferring items from their mains to pures/skillers, etc. in Red Dragon isle in the wilderness. There are 2 whiteberry spawns there, so its a decent amount of money that you can transfer. They then trade the berries from the pure/skiller to the main for the items and the main drops the berries, and so on until the items are transferred. Revenants are not too common here, and if one comes you can run into another part of the isle and avoid it. I warn you though, I'm pretty confident this is a bannable offense.

Posted Image

#11 The Mau

The Mau

• RS Name:Mau
  • Clan:N/A

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

A black scimitar respawns in Ardougne castle, but the spawn is terribly slow, it respawns about once ever 5-10 minutes.

#12 `A-lex

`A-lex

• RS Name:Kalashnykov

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

Another one would be graak furs they spawn and i can make over 600k an hour on graak furs and thats with banking so without maybe 700k an hour.

-[DK]RuneScript- *** [ GE ]: [M] Graahk

#13 embulldogs99

embulldogs99

• RS Name:p0wn3d u1

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

View Postakknight, on Jul 29 2009, 07:29 PM, said:

Ive seen people transferring items from their mains to pures/skillers, etc. in Red Dragon isle in the wilderness. There are 2 whiteberry spawns there, so its a decent amount of money that you can transfer. They then trade the berries from the pure/skiller to the main for the items and the main drops the berries, and so on until the items are transferred. Revenants are not too common here, and if one comes you can run into another part of the isle and avoid it. I warn you though, I'm pretty confident this is a bannable offense.

this is the way to do it.

just sit on a whiteberry spawn and click below yourself. they spawn quickly and they cost a lot.

another item is snape grass-  on waterbirth island snape grass spawns very fast.  all you have to do is start fremmy trials (dont need any of the requirements) and pay 1k to the guy on the far western dock and he will take you.  there you will find lots of snape grass.

i hope this helps
91 of 94 mage

Posted Image

#14 ic3s tzhaar

ic3s tzhaar

• RS Name:Ic3s tzhaar

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:36 AM

apple's and grapes at the cooking guild seem to work okay

I don't post here that often anymore

Posted Image

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Posted Image

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves..." - bh

#15 Timmy Ownage

Timmy Ownage

Proud to be Brutality

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:12 AM

View Postblue hawk117, on Jul 29 2009, 11:46 PM, said:

I know for a fact that whiteberries are your best option. You could also try blue dragon scales, and bring a pestle and mortar and grind them up before you trade for an extra 50-100 gp per.
Whiteberries are definitely faster than scales.

View PostAragon, on Jul 30 2009, 12:34 AM, said:

This isn't really a spawn, but if you plant the cactus special bush in Al Kharid (requires 55 farming), you can pick the 3 cactus spines off it every hour or so which are 3.2k each currently. You do not need to replant the cactus in order for the spines to grow back.
That takes way too long if you are trying to transfer say, a good 30M.

View Postakknight, on Jul 30 2009, 01:29 AM, said:

I doubt it. As long as the accounts aren't directly in contact with each other it's not bannable. I can just have a friend buy it off me and then I buy it off that friend :P

#16 Rayan

Rayan

Asian Win

• RS Name:Rayan

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

View PostTimmy Ownage, on Jul 30 2009, 10:15 AM, said:

View Postblue hawk117, on Jul 29 2009, 11:46 PM, said:

Whiteberries are definitely faster than scales.

View PostAragon, on Jul 30 2009, 12:34 AM, said:

That takes way too long if you are trying to transfer say, a good 30M.

View Postakknight, on Jul 30 2009, 01:29 AM, said:

I doubt it. As long as the accounts aren't directly in contact with each other it's not bannable. I can just have a friend buy it off me and then I buy it off that friend :P

4. Can I give items to another player from one of my accounts, so that they can then give the items to another character that I play?

No, this goes against the rule. You may not transfer items between your accounts in any way.

This is a direct quote from the runescape database and you admitted to breaking this rule.
http://rsig.eu/stat/kzot3ij5/Rayan.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#17 Sumilidon12

Sumilidon12

-Sumi

• RS Name:Sumilidon12
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:38 AM

Transferring through money from one account to another is against JaGex's rules and here on RSC we firmly agree with all the rules and want our members to follow them. People who do break them and blatantly admit to doing so, will be punished. Since you were only asking a question on how to break a rule, you should be fine. It's a question however, that will not be allowed/answered here. JaGex implemented the unbalanced trade rule for a reason.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other Questions CL.

Thanks. ^_^

-Sumi

- Former Community Leader of Questions and Money Making
- Former Community Leader of Events
- Former Senior Member
- Former Events Team Member
- Former Achievements Skilling Competition Staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: