Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-11-30 at 21:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Community Memories

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#41 MrSunburst

MrSunburst

Bursting

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:MrSunburst
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 04 July 2009 - 1:22 PM

i remember when con was released. it was very strange and unexpected (at least it was for me), my account got stuck online that day. go figure.

None shall escape the T-bag of justice, not even teammates! - VortexContinuum

| Gamer Tag: Viiper |

#42 Pale Silver

Pale Silver

Making First Pixel

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:TzTok-FlSH
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 04 July 2009 - 2:15 PM

When I first started RuneScape (on my second account, now my main), I remember running whereever I felt like on tutorial island ROFL

I also remember being a great player back in classic, but now that account is lost forever, since there is no switching.,..

Edited by GLADIATORS, 04 July 2009 - 2:15 PM.

#43 Ifflix

Ifflix

i think you're forgetting egwene al'vere

• RS Name:Rekh
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:14 AM

I remember thinking I was trapped in Lumbridge. You see, I though Lumbridge and Al Kharid were the only two cities in the game, and when I didn't have the 10 gp to pass through the Al-Kharid gate, I thought I was trapped in Lumbridge.

:-/
The Golden Crane flies for Tarmon Gai'don!

#44 Devin

Devin

SoTM.

• RS Name:Woodman1014

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

I remember thinking I was trapped in Lumbridge. You see, I though Lumbridge and Al Kharid were the only two cities in the game, and when I didn't have the 10 gp to pass through the Al-Kharid gate, I thought I was trapped in Lumbridge.

:-D

You never went north? :-P :-P

I remember spending hours killing cows for their hide, and then trying to sell each inventory in Lumbridge square. I didn't grasp the concept of banks, I thought that stuff would be gone forever. I took me at least three hours to make 1,000 gp.

#45 Maxman

Maxman

I Know You

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >

Posted 07 July 2009 - 4:30 PM

I remember the rule no luring came out. It was funny because that was just when I started watching Jojo30090's videos. My real life friend and I wanted to lure so bad. That failed. :-(

I remember voting on runescape.com's poll. I was the 2nd person to vote. I thought it was pretty cool, but didn't screeny.

I remember the old RuneScape log-in interface. Man, that was horrible compared to what we have now. It's so different!

I remember all those scams (I'll trim your armor; **** It won't let you say your password, look!; Drop your items and press alt-F4 and you'll duplicate your items; etc.). I actually fell for the password trick. I was on my brother's account and he ended up getting hacked. He hated me for a week. -_-

Edited by Maxman, 07 July 2009 - 4:31 PM.

Retired from RuneScape | 99 Cooking | 99 Fletching | 99 Fishing | Quest cape
Posted Image - Feel free to PM Me
- Retired Zybez RS Database/Maintenance Crew
- Ex-CL of Guides
- Ex-CL of General Discussion

#46 Firekev

Firekev

• RS Name:Firekev
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 07 July 2009 - 5:21 PM

I remember in Classic, it was rare to see someone in full rune.
I remember when you would be woodcutting, a tree would appear in a thought bubble, a fish when fishing, and a pick when mining.
I remember having to click on the fishing spot after -each- fish caught.
I remember those horrid sleeping bags.
I remember the RS2 beta, and when the game finally switched from classic to new graphics, I didn't want to switch.
I remember when Runecrafting came out.
I remember when Slayer came out.
I remember when Barrows came out, and people were claiming they were too powerful compared to dragon.
I remember when Construction came out, and people started selling whips for 1.8m, the lowest price yet.
I remember getting scammed for the first and only time, when I was selling a rune scim for 40k (gotta love prices back then), and only getting 4k for it.
I remember I made my first 1m by spinning flax into bowstring, then proceeded to spend that 1m of a d med.
I remember before Farming came out, you could kill farmers for seeds and farming gear.
I remember the changes to staking and the riots, followed by the removal of pking and those riots.
I remember how hyped up Summoning was.

Ahh, good times..
99s in order of achievement: Fm | Fletch | Attack | Fish | Cook | Magic | Pray | Strength | Defense
Quest Cape owner | 2200+ total [EoC]
-----------------

#47 Seraph

Seraph

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

i remember the trimming armour scam and how people would say they could un-note your items
i also remember in f2p worlds when a friend and i would lure lower levels into the wilderness by promising them a nice place to train (gah! that was wrong)
i remember when traveling to Varrock was dangerous and i remember when i used to play the game with the sisters (they stopped playing a long time ago)

#48 Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski

20XX

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Vriska
  • Clan:Zchat
  • Team:Gold Star

Posted 10 July 2009 - 3:23 AM

I remember going round asking people to help me become a wizard :-)

hCnqskF.png

Retired Global Moderator | Retired Achievements Leader | Retired Aotm Leader

#49 Suarez

Suarez

• Rating: < -5 | -4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Peety
  • Clan:Super Peet

Posted 10 July 2009 - 5:22 AM

I remember Black pures with R2H's

and PK trips in rs classic

Posted Image

#50 tha boas

tha boas

ex-MK Guardian :$

Posted 10 July 2009 - 5:41 AM

I used to mine iron east of varrock with a mith pickaxe.
Then i'd go to al kharid and make them into steel bars.
Then i'd go to varrock and make them into steel armor.
After I had some armor i'd sell it to the shop :D

The road from varrock to al kharid was the only road I used for like a week, it was all I knew in runescape.

This was my way of making money back in the old days. Needless to say I didn't made alot of cash lol.

I wanted black armor so I sold enough iron armor to the shop to be able to buy full black :D Then someone offered me to trim my armor. Back in the days I wasn't aware of where trimmed armor came from or how you obtained it so I trusted this person and gave him my full black. Needless to say what happend.
So I decided to earn my money back and to buy black armor again ... got offered to trim my armor again and I thought that this guy may be more honest.
Lost full black armor again.

Eventually I earned enough money back to buy yet another full black set and I had learned my lesson with the armor trim scam.

At some point at the iron mine we got told about this amazing pickaxe shop in dwarve mines where they sold RUNE pickaxes. I decided to go and try and find the shop. Was a whole adventure really. Eventually I found the shop :D

Even though I can be considered pretty nooby back then it were amazing and fun times :D times which I don't really have in runescape anymore.
Now that I know all about RS I wont hear about an amazing store which sells amazing stuff in a far distant (and unknown to you) city.

#51 Megann

Megann

IRC ADDICT LOL

• RS Name:Azurefirem
  • Clan:Corruption

Posted 10 July 2009 - 4:47 PM

I remember getting lost in East Varrock during my first month or so playing the game.
And I remember finally finishing all the f2p quests a few months after getting members.
There was also the time I lost my first set of rune :( I was killing lessers on top of Crandor and lagged out and died.
And of course, the first clan. Nobody ever forgets their first clan. Mine was Brotherin clan in March 07 -- they merged with Rikku around July/August of the same year, and later died.
I remember Queenvix's memorial PK in early May 07, I went with SA a few days before my band trip. First one dead. GF me.
My first "real" clan was Solar Angels in August 08. I'd been a longtime member of their Junior clan until it split and died :(
Hmm. I also remember my first war -- with SA in CWA. August 08. Pretty sure it was against KTS.
Umm, then there was learning to tank :) Thanks to Noonshade0, Xtozze, and Cantstopal13 mostly.
And the first PVP war I ever went to -- with Cor. Lasted an entire half hour and got a kill message too :O They thought I was the coolest freaking intro in the history of cool freaking intros. XD

Umm that's about it :o
<Mattbrazil_2> as I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I fear no evil for my bank pin is with me.

#52 _Zap_

_Zap_

Stop looking at this and read that ->

Posted 12 July 2009 - 7:25 PM

I remember:
- Needing my friend to show me to Varrock.
- Finding an uncut ruby on the ground. My friend said it was his so he traded me a staff for it.
- Being attacked by a mugger and saved by a level 35 in mithril armor.
- Falling for the "grab the zamorak wine and get 10k" trick.
- Following a level 100 into the wilderness for a party then getting attacked by a level 11 and dying
- Thinking I could kill a level 7 wizard and dying
- Trekking randomly around runescape with my friends.
- Begging. A lot.
- My cousin giving me 15k and an adamant platebody (I thought I was rich!)
- Becoming a member.
- Finally becoming a member.
- Thinking the Tzhaar Fight Caves were an awesome training ground.
- Finally getting rune.
- Buying granite armor for ridiculously high prices thinking it was awesome.
- Getting 60 attack and my first dragon longsword.
- Finally finishing Dragon Slayer.
- Getting my first abyssal whip.

Good times :thumbsup:
Posted Image
"Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes."
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
- Mark Twain

#53 Skillzy

Skillzy

• RS Name:Uga Skillzy
  • Clan:Fatality

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

I remember 5 years ago when I was in lumbridge and I was 12 years old and begging for cash Noobshow style :P.

I got 2k from a guy and went CRAZY!!!!

Good times, Good times...

My first acc was banned from scamming black sets... I finally got enough to buy full mystic for 200k lol

Former member of the Events and Blog team.

Ex- High Council of the #1 Pure Clan Fatality.

Retired 2011.

Posted Image

#54 Moof

Moof

You're just jealous.

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >

Posted 13 July 2009 - 7:45 AM

i remember 7 years ago. haha. logging in, making my account all that. i remember when I was wandering around as a low level and classic was confusing as hell.

good times haha

♫♪Quit again, runescape and it's community are dead.♪♫

Moof (Main) 12 99s 138 combat
Comedy (Zerker)
90 attack 95 Strength 95 prayer 99 Range 45 Defence
My 171m PK (Outdated.)
Click here to go to my Pk gallery of over 6Billion GP
Profile Lure

#55 Zurial Khan

Zurial Khan

• RS Name:Zurial Khan
  • Clan:Pk Pures

Posted 13 July 2009 - 5:42 PM

I remember killing a level 101 in level 30 something wildy way back when barrows first came out. I was level 70 and i saw him. He had 1/4th of his health left and i poisoned him with my DDS. He ran and before he made it out of the wildy he died, leaving me guthan's spear and helm. That was a very proud moment.
Posted Image

#56 Sonic

Sonic

A penguin from the waterpark

• RS Name:Sonic32525
  • Clan:Soulfire

Posted 15 July 2009 - 3:52 AM

I remember doing dragon slayer with just half an inventory of lobsters, a rune dagger, and a anti-dragon fire shield
:wink:
and I remember my first day in RuneScape, like 5 years ago. Man that's so cool thinking about it now lol......

Posted Image Quest Cape - January 10th, 2009
Posted Image99 Woodcutting - 13,247 to achieve 99 - March 24th, 2008
Posted Image99 Firemaking - 14,107 to achieve 99 - August 28th, 2008

#57 Tasty`

Tasty`

A book of my quotes is being written

Posted 15 July 2009 - 2:02 PM

my oldest runescape memory is when i first started my friend a ultra high lvl 47 (aka god imo) gave me 10k to start out and i was like the richest guy in runescape
than this guy comes up to me and is like do you wanna buy a gold ring for 7k its made of real gold and its worht it dude all the high levels have it
so im like hells yea and buy it from this lvl 34 i met on the road
next day i try to sell it and find out its only worth like 500 gp maax, i nearly died
so i go to my friend in school the next day and im like dude you have to kill this guy, hes lvl 34 and he scamed me. my friend then explained the wilderness and all the pvp stuff

another memory of f2p
is walking through falador and finding full black(g) noted on the ground
now i had seen people wearing this and was amazed but i had no idea how to get it out of note form
so i dropped it

first members memory
is starting quest with little boy in front of witchs house
but not knowing how to do it
it was one of the last quests i did for quest cape

#58 Cynical

Cynical

Death comes

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Cackerot
  • Clan:DS/EH

Posted 16 July 2009 - 9:02 AM

I remember when pure pk'ing was fun and profitable back in old wild, most of the noobs would wear full addy/rune items and killing them was fun

#59 camels_juice

camels_juice

• RS Name:camels juice
  • Clan:Fatality

Posted 16 July 2009 - 5:56 PM

i remember my first time in runescape, i couldn't get out of the training lvls (x about 4years ago.
when i was finally came in lumbridge and sow some guy with 150gp i thought he was rich (:.
and i saw a lvl 34 i was like wtf? :o, afther playing about 1year i came my first time in wildy
, i took my real life friends for a trip (: we were with 9 or something it was fun (:.
later i began my first pure together with a real life friend who made also 1 we made a lot of fun in wildy we trained our skills in wildy (:, it was a lot of fun . made a lot of money with it.
afther wildy update i quitted for few months and started playing on and off.
i miss those times in old wildy :(

#60 shaw93

shaw93

• RS Name:J Shaw
  • Clan:N/A

Posted 16 July 2009 - 6:04 PM

I remember doing tutorial island for the first time and thinking this game was really confusing.
I remember saving up to buy full rune with a chain to do dragon slayer and it turned out to be really easy at like 70 combat.
I remember when people used to pk in dhide with a magic shortbow.
I remember when i fell for the if you say your password it gets censored trick and getting really annoyed.
I remember when me and my friends went to kill cows together and thinking we were amazing.
I remember the good times of RS when we weren't covered in cotton wool and protected from everything by Jagex.

SHaw :XD:

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: