We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Community Memories

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#21 brenty

brenty

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Ren Styrke
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 24 June 2009 - 7:02 PM

I remember having my "house" in varock and i would try to keep the door closed when people came in :).tey to block them out lol. I would only let my "wife" in. Good times.

kinda embarresing

#22 Sttmb12r_

Sttmb12r_

BOOM HEADSHOT!

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Sttmb12r
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 24 June 2009 - 9:48 PM

- I spended almost 2 nights on toturial island

-i was only 11 as I started Runescape as I thought runescape was part of miniclip, which was why i always played runescape on miniclip

-I finished dragon slayer at cmb 68

-I somewhat still remember my very first good friend

-when I was in the wilderness, some player attacked me and I went up deeper into the wilderness thinking I could escape

-when I died afterwards, I told my good friend I was going to quit forever and i got real mad, the next day i got back on, never seen my friend ever again.
<--- Fps Doug, the Fps Legend

#23 amar

amar

Posted 24 June 2009 - 9:52 PM

Trying to 'X' out while about to die to PK'ers thinking I would log out lol.

Edited by Lordamar69, 24 June 2009 - 9:52 PM.

#24 HDBalab

HDBalab

You're the cheese on my macaroni.

• RS Name:Smokekill1

Posted 25 June 2009 - 1:17 AM

I remember when I actually had to be afraid of Wizards hanging around the Wizard Tower. I had been boasting to my friends about how I had not yet been killed in Runescape, only to find myself in Lumbridge a few moments thereafter.

Holy crap, I remember luring kids into that tower and taking their stuff. I got my first addy 2H there, and it was a big day. I was not a very morale scaper...

My favorite memory? One day I was at the arena, down like 30M probably. I had been losing consistently, and it was getting on my nerves. I saw a 41 willing to stake his red mask (I thought it was a joke at first; I was 43 I think), and I requested him so fast. Apparently the kid thought he was legit because he had PC'd his HP; it was about 5 or 6 levels above the average for having ~60 range. Little did he know, I was a HP staker too, except I just gotten mine from training strength. I got first hit, whipped out my Zammy book without missing a hit, and hit a 10-10 MSB spec to finish him off with ~half HP to spare. He ended up getting desperate and staking his blue mask as well. I finished the day up like 35M, and was able to buy my first red P-Hat - my favorite one.

"Of all that breathes and crawls across the earth, our mother earth breeds nothing feebler than a man. So long as the gods grant him power, spring in his kness, he thinks he will never suffer affliction down the years. But then, when the happy gods bring on the long hard times, bear them he must, against his will, and steel his heart."

Moments of magic will glow in the night
all fears of the forest are gone
and when the morning breaks
they're swept away by golden drops of dawn, of changes

#25 Devin

Devin

SoTM.

• RS Name:Woodman1014

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

I lost so many items like that. I thought everything would magically be okay if I just got out of the screen. :-) That worked out well, didn't it? :-)

#26 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Mew Lp
  • Clan:Cu Clux
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 26 June 2009 - 8:12 AM

I lost so many items like that. I thought everything would magically be okay if I just got out of the screen. :-P That worked out well, didn't it? :mellow:

I did that probably around five times, yet looking back -- I don't understand why I didn't stop after the first two times at least. :huh:

XabJkFa.png

GuthixUnder-1.png

“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#27 I Flareon I

I Flareon I

• RS Name:Zaroterasu

Posted 26 June 2009 - 8:18 AM

I remember having my "house" in varock and i would try to keep the door closed when people came in :).tey to block them out lol. I would only let my "wife" in. Good times.

kinda embarresing

I remember something similer, some people had a house near Varrock (Gertrudes cat one)
And wouldn't let me in.

I eventually told them i was a bailiff and they had to pay me 10K or they lose their house :-P
Never got the money though...or get them to leave :mellow:

#28 kill_zone590

kill_zone590

• RS Name:kill_zone590

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

I remember finally being able to wear full rune and finnaly being able to cut magic logs.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Narcadius

Narcadius
  • Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

I remember...

...training woodcutting and firemaking with my real life friend all day the first day I created an account. I managed to get 40 in both.

...running from the Vampire from Vampire Slayer.

...believing that Elvarg was going to obliterate me at 49 combat with my full rune and addy plate, yet I slaughtered that tyrant. :-)

...picking tons of flax and spinning bow string. B-)

...training for the requirements to complete the Legend's quest, and how proud I was to wear that sleek, white cape at 77 combat.

...trying to "note" my drops via Giles while doing a Troll task on Death Plateau. I dropped all of my valuables (whip, d hally, obby shield, and a granite shield I had just received as a drop) so they wouldn't be noted, and then I talked to him but answered the question wrong or something. I was then teleported away to the Wizard's Tower. :-) I immediately PMed the "friend" I had just made to save my stuff. He said the whip hadn't shown up, and as I ran my little pixels legs up towards the Plateau, I saw him log. There went my 10k lobs I fished and cooked in order to buy my abyssal whip for 3m. :-)...

Ah, good times.

#30 Kelly Bean

Kelly Bean

• RS Name:Pademe5

Posted 28 June 2009 - 5:17 PM

I remember dying doing Dragon Slayer. Twice.

I remember not dying at all doing it. I brought a lot of lobsters and cakes for food. I probably didn't die because I waited for so long that there was only a minimal chance of dying.

-i remember carrying all my stuff in my inventory because the bank was not helpful

Now that you mention that, I remember when I first started I had all my items in my inventory as well. I don't even think I knew we could put items in the bank and use it. :-P I had my tinderbox, map, and all that other junk in my inventory. It took up a lot of space and I recall wondering what I was going to do when I acquired more stuff. Eventually, I learned that the bank was a valuable thing and that it was a usable, safe place to put my items. :-P

I remember... that quest on Karajama with the bananas. I wasn't using a quest guide and couldn't figure out how to get the rum past customs. It cost me a lot and the stupid customs people kept taking the rum I was trying to smuggle. :lol:

I remember... when I fell for the item trimming trick. Somehow I threatened the guy into giving me my items back. He was far too nice to be an "item trimmer". ^_^

I remember... being tricked as a new player who just joined. I was fishing in Draynor and I got PMed and was told to PM some guy and say I was a J-mod and wanted their money. Well, I was stupid enough to do so and didn't know the rules very well at this time. The other guy PMed me and said "reported, you're gonna get banned noob" or something along those lines. I was furious that I was tricked and fell for it because in the end I did end up getting banned and had to make a new account all over again.

Ouch Mike lol, you got tricked quite a bit haha.

I didn't get tricked too often, well people tried. I was like the ultimate safer. I trained at cows until I could wear mith, LOL. A friend tried bring me to moss giants when i was like level 70 or something and i was still too scared to go. Thought I would die for sure. I always remember seeing people around saying they could trim armour and stuff lol. Or trying to lure people into the wild to get lots of money and stuff lol.

Posted Image

#31 NCIS

NCIS

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:NCIS
  • Clan:We Are Epic

Posted 29 June 2009 - 7:19 PM

Probably the old style lumbridge, the old varrock, big bank trading, luring in wildy,
buying guthix plateskirts for 100k behind big bank in w1, then selling for 120k, getting a Christmas cracker, keeping it and sellig it once it got to 1M, only if I had kept it longer, 750M nowadays, party hats and Santa hats, selling for cheap prices, stakig in duel arena, random events old style, the flesh crawler auto attk finish kill a rat and bury bones together a random event, which doesn't work anymore, and meant you didn't have to run until you saw the loading bar appear, the days without hunter and summoning, where qp was on the level interface, the old congratulation signs, king duffys 99summon party.
Rs has given me many memories, and it probably will for as log as I play it (at least 4more years (18) )
also, when I first did tutorial island and my friend traded
me 100k to start off, dreamig of getting 1k total and 80cb, both achieved within 2008.
Other goals set, making money and high alching, getting from 1-44herblore (1.2M) in a day, even killing my first soloed cockroach.

#32 Mage Old Day

Mage Old Day

Never mad, never sad. Always glad; I'm MILAD

Posted 02 July 2009 - 9:51 AM

Ah the old memories... :-S

I do certainly remember how the style of PKing was back in the day. :thumbsup: People running with Dragon Longswords PKing in Edgeville was so fun back then. Only people that brought Whips then were considered rich. If you had brought D Long, you were supposedly a "noob". :-S Those were some good times, wish we could have them back again. :lol:

BEST REGARDS, MILAD

#33 Find Emotion

Find Emotion

I know the truth, it won't save you.

• RS Name:Find Emotion
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

I definately remember asking people what "Colour" I was when they hovered their cursor over me and it showed my name. :thumbsup: I always thought it showed how good you were, didn't know it depended on the other person's combat level.

Similarly, I also remember asking people what my combat was, not realising for weeks that it was on the combat tab.

#34 Atarah

Atarah

A 70s Disco Dancer.

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

I remember when the box the wise old man random event gave you was based on what colour a side was, rather than what shape. But it got changed as those who were colour blind complained it was unfair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Wristé13

Wristé13

The mysterious stranger

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Wriste13

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

Similarly, I also remember asking people what my combat was, not realising for weeks that it was on the combat tab.

I totally did that too!!!

I also being afraid of anything aggressive, and being impressed at people who could one-hit giant rats.
Okay, so you pronounce my name like this: "Rist'ay thur'teen.' It's not "Rist," "Riste," or "Rist'uh," and if you spell it "Wristle," you will meet a very, very painful death.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Dylan

Dylan

Old friends, message me if you see this <3

• RS Name:squirl100

Posted 02 July 2009 - 2:32 PM

I remember when the box the wise old man random event gave you was based on what colour a side was, rather than what shape. But it got changed as those who were colour blind complained it was unfair.

++
I remember that. It sucked, since I'm colorblind. I always had to screenshot it and show it to a friend to see which one it was. ^_^
~Dylan

#37 HDBalab

HDBalab

You're the cheese on my macaroni.

• RS Name:Smokekill1

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

I remember when camo was trade-able and only one ore could be had from ever rock....

"Of all that breathes and crawls across the earth, our mother earth breeds nothing feebler than a man. So long as the gods grant him power, spring in his kness, he thinks he will never suffer affliction down the years. But then, when the happy gods bring on the long hard times, bear them he must, against his will, and steel his heart."

Moments of magic will glow in the night
all fears of the forest are gone
and when the morning breaks
they're swept away by golden drops of dawn, of changes

#38 Dan

Dan

Community Guard

Posted 04 July 2009 - 3:02 AM

I remember when whips came out. ^_^ Then Barrows took over... then other armor... Now Whips are merely a common sight.
Suggestions Competition Winner (December 2007, August 2008)

中国国家足球队和广州恒大球迷 。

(Profile updated since January 28, 2013)

#39 Aflstar

Aflstar

• RS Name:Aflstar
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 04 July 2009 - 7:31 AM

I remember doing tutorial island and thinking bronze bars were chocloate bars. Also remember seeing a person wearing a green mask and full gree dhide and thinking that it was a crocodile suit. I also sold iron ores to the crocodile man for 10gp ea :P

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1814/ryulongcropcopyug5.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#40 Maxman

Maxman

I Know You

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

I think the earliest memory I can think about is on Tutorial Island. I thought it was the game. When the Magic wizard teleported me to the mainland, I hated it and wanted to go back. :blink: I think I just sucked it up and just started playing... eventually enjoying it. :lol:
Retired from RuneScape | 99 Cooking | 99 Fletching | 99 Fishing | Quest cape
Posted Image- Feel free to PM Me
- Retired Zybez RS Database/Maintenance Crew
- Ex-CL of Guides
- Ex-CL of General Discussion

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: