* * * * * 20 votes

Achievements Skilling Competition - Competition 31 Results!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Atarah

Atarah

A 70s Disco Dancer.

• RS Status:Member

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Hello, and welcome to the Achievement Skilling Competition (ASC). As many of you will know and remember, for a long time Skill-X Events have been ran by the Zybez Events Team. The decision to abscond the competition from Events and bring it to Achievements was originally suggested by "Find Emotion" in the Achievement Improvement Sticky; since that moment the idea has been expanded and we are now ready to attempt the Skilling Competition in the Achievements Forum.  We plan to run this competition sparsely throughout the year in parallel with AotM. This competition will be run by the Achievements staff pre-dominantly, and we hope to ensure that there is something new and interesting going for all of you to take part in.

A lot of you have commented in the past that you would like a competition in which the achievement of the winner was extremely clear; this competition is precisely that. The winner will simply be the person to gain the most experience in the chosen skill for that competition; two skills being in play per competition, one non-combat related, the other combat related. The idea of having two skills per competition is to give you a choice depending on your preference of skill, and it is also to encourage and motivate as large a sector of the forum as is reasonably possible.

The competition will begin on an unconfirmed date that you will be notified of before hand. Tracking devices will monitor your experience gains each day, and totals will be formed on the seventh day, rewards being given out shortly after. The winning two will receive under-banners specially made for them. These banners will be exempt from signature rules for a select period of time after the end of each competition. This means that you will have the full 150px height allowance for your signature, with additional space for your under-banner so everyone can see the achievement you have achieved. Note though, the extra limits will only be for that under-banner, and only last for a select amount of time. It will not be permanent. These will of course come with the additional archived winners, just like in AotM.

We will also now be giving our winners two months of the Zybez Exclusive rank, free of charge, for their efforts. Having your rank changed on the forums is of course optional however, and if you wish to not accept this rank you will not be penalized in any way. Finally, you will have to sign up for the competition before it begins, or we will be unable to track your performance. If you are not ranked in the skill you want to compete in, you will not be tracked. If you are interested in taking part, being kept up-to-date and being one of those tracked, please post below. You are also all free to vote for the first two skills in the vote above.

Archived Results

Competition Thirty One!

With the smaller response in past competitions we decided to take a miss of the OSRS section of the competition and focus on the still prospering RS3. We drafted a topic and let you guys choose the skills you wished to compete in as we felt this was the fairest way; landing us on Herblore & Agility which seem to be recurring skills but nevertheless they are very popular. As with most competitions the winners were holding the top spot for a majority of the competition, it's not often there's much shifting of positions these days however there are nearly always close calls towards the end, players can log out and turn over huge amounts of experience so it really leaves everyone skeptical.
We had a bit of hard luck this time around with the RuneScape highscores going down as the competition ended, giving us a bit of confusion to deal with, we've however chosen to go off our trackers we used throughout the competition to determine the winner as we feel this is the fairest to go with.

Herblore Winner: Paradite - 11,169,246 EXP
Agility Winner: Kilersnowbal - 8,354,497 EXP

Spoiler

Edited by Sector Six, 05 July 2014 - 06:18 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Atarah

Atarah

A 70s Disco Dancer.

• RS Status:Member

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

Winners!

Official Tracker results here: Agility / Herblore

Posted Image
http://i.imgur.com/nOJKBZy.png

Posted Image
http://i.imgur.com/l1RO3Jc.png

Thanks once again to everyone who got involved, whether you voted, actually competed or were just moral support for everyone along the way. If anyone has any questions about the results feel free to message me or any of the other Achievements staff.

- S6

Edited by Sector Six, 05 July 2014 - 06:16 AM.
Updated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Sector Six

Sector Six
  • RS Name:Sector Six
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

The results for competition 31 have been added! :-)

Global Moderator
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
AOTM/ASC Leader x Achievements Co-Leader x Multimedia & Design Co-Leader
If you have any price guide or board related issues or questions; feel free to PM me.
Are you interested in graphics and/or digital media? Check out my gallery here.
Posted Image

#4 Jim

Jim

I'm constant like the seasons. I will never be forgotten.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

That is a lot of Agility XP...

Great work everyone and good job to the ones who came out on top!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

Write from your heart.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Ah nice, congratzzz my buddy, Snowbal :thumbsup: and Paradite. Valiant effort from competitors that fought to the very end... we wish we could give you a spot amongst the winners, and know that this was for the fun of competition. It will be quite a while until our next competition, but keep checking back so you don't miss anything. ^_^

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   

Posted Image

Community Leader of Achievements & Questions | Official Clan of Zybez Co-leader

Posted Image

In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.

#6 theaman09

theaman09

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Gratz guys!,  since it is the summer time was hopping we would have more competitions, they are allways alot of fun and great ways to train up skills
Posted Image

#7 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

View Posttheaman09, on 05 July 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Gratz guys!,  since it is the summer time was hopping we would have more competitions, they are allways alot of fun and great ways to train up skills
I agree, it is pretty fun.  We'll see about one more before summer concludes, but no promises :-)

Unfortunately, due to some glitches on Jagex's part, the trackers ran into some errors towards the end of competition.  Nevertheless, I think we got it sorted as best as we can.  Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who participated!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 theaman09

theaman09

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostBrotherVoid1, on 06 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I agree, it is pretty fun.  We'll see about one more before summer concludes, but no promises :-)

Unfortunately, due to some glitches on Jagex's part, the trackers ran into some errors towards the end of competition.  Nevertheless, I think we got it sorted as best as we can.  Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who participated!!

meh things happened not rlly much we can do about that, but hopefully there can be more ASC's, really do love some good competition
Posted Image

#9 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

Write from your heart.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

View Posttheaman09, on 06 July 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

meh things happened not rlly much we can do about that, but hopefully there can be more ASC's, really do love some good competition
Looked pretty interesting from the way things were going. I'm sure you were the one doing the most advertising in our clan... I think :-P Any clue when invention is gonna be released btw? That would really be the perfect start of a competition!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   

Posted Image

Community Leader of Achievements & Questions | Official Clan of Zybez Co-leader

Posted Image

In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.

#10 theaman09

theaman09

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

View PostNinjasteak, on 06 July 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

View Posttheaman09, on 06 July 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Looked pretty interesting from the way things were going. I'm sure you were the one doing the most advertising in our clan... I think :-P Any clue when invention is gonna be released btw? That would really be the perfect start of a competition!

haha yeah, when ever there is an asc i usually spam the clan out with it(probably a bit too much spam tbh), and as for invention i think we can easily fit 2-3 more asc before then as invention is put on hold because of elf city, so expect invention end of the year or probably next year
Posted Image

#11 killer phildog

killer phildog

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

gratz to everyone and thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: