• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nickehh

Nickehh

Longboarding

• RS Name:Beastly Nick
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Hey, I want to catch red salamanders. I'm wondering the best and fastest way to do this. Im not familiar with all the clothing and such.
Posted Image

#2 dockster

dockster

pure no. 28479273452

• RS Name:Dockeysnakee

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

You catch them by the ZMI altar entrance north of castle wars. There is no cloths to help you catch them easier like in the jungle however I suggest something light, the best would be penance gloves, spottier cape and boots of lightness since the salamanders will keep you heavy.

As for the rest, just bring 4 small fishing nets and 4 ropes. It's pretty fast xp so I suggest you do it till you're at least level 80 and from there you move on to red chinchompas in the jungle.

Edited by dockster, 23 March 2009 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image

#3 .Enigma

.Enigma

There is no Answer

• RS Name:Enigma Blood

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

Take about 4 or 5 nets and small fishing nets to the area north of the observatory (which is north of castle wars). Wear full larupia (the furs can be bought in the ge quite cheaply. Take these to the fancy dress store in east Varrock to buy the camoflage set)

There are a group of 3 young trees very close to each other on the west side of the hunting spot. Use these to minimize the amount of running you'll have to do

Edited by .Enigma, 23 March 2009 - 02:42 PM.

#4 Tramp

Tramp

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

The only place where it is possible to catch them is West of the Gnome battlefield near Ardougne.  As far as I know, there is no camouflage gear that helps with red salamanders, but it wouldn't hurt to wear full larupia I suppose.  You need a rope and a small fishing net for each trap and the best spot available has different spots where you can set up traps, but I would take at least 8 trap sets as it's pretty easy to accidentally lose a few ropes/nets.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: