F2p Skill Capes

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#1 ricos

ricos

• RS Name:ricos dta
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

I myself am a P2P player and have been for a while but I have quite a few friends, one of which (fury angel) is getting 99 crafting all in f2p which is a crazy acomplishment, and after he told me how he was doing it, it just sounded like it would take a crazy amount of time, which made me want to write this suggestion for all those crazy people out there doing a 99 in the f2p world xP. It seems kinda unfair on those f2p players who must spend ages in the f2p world training skills using much slower meathods than that of p2p, and yet can't even show off their achievements, which are much more difficult to aachieve... I just think the capes need to be available for the f2p players too somehow...

Why not have a different cape for a 99 achieved all in f2p? maybe they could be trimmed in a differnt way... such as a horizontal trim? or have the words f2p on them? A lot of people say that it is a members benefit and that it wouldnt be fair on members, but I hardly even thought about the capes when I got members (never thought i would get one :P)it's hardly the only think we unlock when we pay for members :p.

And to the the people saying "members issnt expencive, they could get it for a month..." etc. You have to consider also all the people out there who have their parents paying for it all and I know that for a lot of people their parents wont let them get it because their worried about having their credit details stolen etc. I'm pretty sure mine said something about that when I asked for members :p (fools dont get technology... haha ^.^)

Thanks for all the comments so far guys, lots of good points and ideas made :) keep them coming ;)

here are some ideas for f2p capes, the capes in f2p probably wouldnt give any stat bonuses

Posted Image

Here are a few ideas I noticed mentioned, if you see any particularly good ones or want one on the list PM me :) Thanks!

Other ideas:
• Make a cape in F2P that is for anyone with a 99, the cape would represent any 99 and you could do the emote with it.
• Make it possible to buy the capes in p2p and then have the ability to equip them on in f2p, $5 or whatever it is that they spent to get the cape each time would probably make them more money, and the effort put in for a 99 has to be worth that...
• Capes without shoulder pads and the trimming bits?
• Allow them to do just the emote? maybe there could be a ring for the skill or something to distinguish them.
•       Give them capes but they have no bonuses.

also this is from fury angel which i though was pritty cool:
I recently asked 100+ people who have gotten a 99 in f2p if they have ever, or currently have another character who is p2p, here is the results.

17 People have never been P2P.
31 People have been P2P on another account in the past but are not P2P anymore.
52 People are currently P2P on another account.

So a lot of people who have 99 in f2p have paid for members at some point, or have a main in members... and no doubt by the time someone maxes a skill in f2p they have deffinatly given runescape enough of their time and advert views to diserve something in return xP

Thanks for checkin this out =] give me your opinions

Edited by ricos, 16 July 2010 - 09:13 PM.

Posted Image

#2 GTFO RS LOL

GTFO RS LOL

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

Some areas where you obtain the capes are P2P Only.

[99 Attack][99 Strength][99 Defense][99 Constitution]
[99 Magic]
[99 Cooking][99 Firemaking][99 Woodcutting][99 Fishing][99 Flecthing]

Genesis Knights <3
Posted Image
Rest in Peace;
You'll never be forgotten.

#3 ricos

ricos

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

View PostBlo0dclan, on Feb 27 2009, 11:18 PM, said:

Some areas where you obtain the capes are P2P Only.
Yea why not new ones for F2P world, except for the few thar are in F2P already like Wc

Edited by ricos, 28 February 2009 - 01:46 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Dolm

Dolm

Zybez Oldclub.

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hmm. Maybe trimmed capes could be members only?
Dolm
Web Developer/Programmer
xHTML, CSS, PHP, JAVA
[email protected]

#5 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

Just no... Making skill capes free now would be a very stupid finnancial decision on Jagex's part... Anyway, you're friend isn't paying to help keep Jagex going, he has enough features as it is, to ask for more would just be greedy. I'm a free player, and considering the amount of stuff Jagex let's us play around with, we should actually try to realize how lucky we are.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#6 ricos

ricos

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

View PostMurdoc, on Feb 27 2009, 11:38 PM, said:

Just no... Making skill capes free now would be a very stupid finnancial decision on Jagex's part... Anyway, you're friend isn't paying to help keep Jagex going, he has enough features as it is, to ask for more would just be greedy. I'm a free player, and considering the amount of stuff Jagex let's us play around with, we should actually try to realize how lucky we are.
well if uve played on f2p enough to get a 99 uve probs given them a tonne of site views, makin them more money... if thats right =/
Posted Image

#7 Edith Wharton

Edith Wharton

Para

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

I agree with making skill capes F2P.  I would trade every single new update the F2P game has gotten if we were just permitted to enjoy those few capes.  Oftentimes a 99 achievement in F2P is harder to get than in P2P, and if these capes were given to F2P I would never ask for another update again.  :P

However I guess I will have to settle for getting the cape in members and then quitting my subscription.  It still would be nice to have a cape for F2P though.

Posted Image
I can't see the stars anymore living here
Let's go to the hills where the outlines are clear

#8 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

View Postricos, on Feb 27 2009, 11:52 PM, said:

well if uve played on f2p enough to get a 99 uve probs given them a tonne of site views, makin them more money... if thats right =/
How does viewing the RuneScape hompage get Jagex money? :rolleyes:

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#9 Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain

Two Shots One Kill

• RS Name:Iamonthejohn
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

[quote name='Murdoc' post='10940861' date='Feb 27 2009, 07:38 PM']Just no... Making skill capes free now would be a very stupid finnancial decision on Jagex's part... Anyway, you're friend isn't paying to help keep Jagex going, he has enough features as it is, to ask for more would just be greedy. I'm a free player, and considering the amount of stuff Jagex let's us play around with, we should actually try to realize how lucky we are.[/quote]

[quote name='J36miles' post='10881762' date='Feb 16 2009, 01:11 PM']Kinby - Will there be a new free-to-play (FTP) quest or a members

#10 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

Many members are only paying to keep their skill capes. If the capes are in turn made available for free users as well, these individuals will most probably see no reason to continue paying whatever the monthly fee is, and just cancel their subscriptions en mass. The same applies for potential members who would have been considering signing up just to get a cape. At the end of the day, Jagex loses a fair amount of cash.

Sure they'll give us some sort of new addition, but I can't imagine their plans being on this sort of level. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#11 Devin

Devin

SoTM.

• RS Name:Woodman1014

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

View PostMurdoc, on Feb 27 2009, 07:06 PM, said:

How does viewing the RuneScape hompage get Jagex money? :rolleyes:

They got revenue from the ads placed there. They can get more/better ads that can give them more money if more people visit Runescape.com.

On topic: I don't think capes should be made F2P and I am F2P. Murdoc covered most of it, and I agree. People pay to keep skill capes. Also, if they made skill capes F2P think of the more millions of cooking capes as well as the endless flaming that would erupt due to people fighting over getting capes in F2P rather than members. I just think it is something you should pay for.

#12 Debenkey

Debenkey

Josh Hogg

• RS Name:Debenkey
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

Seems like an OK idea, has some good points and some flaws.

I do agree that F2P should get skill capes, but maybe theres wont have the same powers or something?

Debenkey

#13 Alc Jr

Alc Jr

Retired 09er

• RS Name:Alc Jr

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

It would be an interesting business decision... I know that skill capes are like the #3 reason I buy members on pures etc, but if it became f2p it wouldn't be undeserving to those who achieved the goals in a harder way.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
-Supporters add this (NEW!) ^
- CL of PK Discussion and Fitness , PM me for help with anything!
-SeMe 10/31/09- Better than candy!
- RuneScape and Cigarettes: Both are addicting and both take your life.

#14 Whatofirmon

Whatofirmon

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

I see where you are coming from and yes it is much harder to get a skill cape in F2P but if your friend wants a Skill Cape that bad then he should pay to get membership.

Jagex simply will not allow it, they lost a lot cash when they killed off the Wilderness. They need all they can get right now...and if they means people simply buying membership to get the Skill Cape, then so be it.

I personally want Skill Capes in F2P but it just will not happen.

Whatofirmon,
Posted Image

#15 aregon810

aregon810

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:41 AM

NO, i dont think this is a good idea. jagex wont give f2p that much becouse if they want have the cape they have to pay. i dont think jagex should make f2p updates =/ .. (however they made way to much already).
Posted Image
Intrested in buying this sig or other pixels, give me a pm!

#16 ricos

ricos

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

View PostMurdoc, on Feb 28 2009, 12:06 AM, said:

View Postricos, on Feb 27 2009, 11:52 PM, said:

How does viewing the RuneScape hompage get Jagex money? ^_^
more views means more more buisineses want to advertise on the site...
Posted Image

#17 Greece

Greece

When Biased happens.

• RS Status:Free

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

I like the idea, I say Capes should be ftp, but Jagex has let us use the emotes in ftp, so I say they should just get ptp if they want the cape itself.

~Jaja

View PostUn_t0uch, on 02 November 2009 - 07:57 PM, said:

A wild Jagex mod appears

pokemon skill confirmed

#18 Elve Fisher

Elve Fisher

• RS Name:Live At Home
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

I would like this done, However, People who might have become P2P just to get a SkillCape would be feeling pretty annoyed..
lol

#19 [Thomas]

[Thomas]

• RS Name:Nemsis Pk

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

i dont think it's a bad idea
maybe a different look, maybe not
keep on discussing

and never heard of people buying members for a cape ^_^
The new zerker pure on the block

#20 elementbryce

elementbryce

very poor

• RS Name:TheArchibald

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

View PostiBadgerow, on Feb 28 2009, 10:27 AM, said:

Hmm. Maybe trimmed capes could be members only?

exactly wat i was thinking trimmed capes p2p and non trim f2p.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: