Why not have a different cape for a 99 achieved all in f2p? maybe they could be trimmed in a differnt way... such as a horizontal trim? or have the words f2p on them? A lot of people say that it is a members benefit and that it wouldnt be fair on members, but I hardly even thought about the capes when I got members (never thought i would get one :P)it's hardly the only think we unlock when we pay for members :p.
And to the the people saying "members issnt expencive, they could get it for a month..." etc. You have to consider also all the people out there who have their parents paying for it all and I know that for a lot of people their parents wont let them get it because their worried about having their credit details stolen etc. I'm pretty sure mine said something about that when I asked for members :p (fools dont get technology... haha ^.^)
Thanks for all the comments so far guys, lots of good points and ideas made :) keep them coming ;)
here are some ideas for f2p capes, the capes in f2p probably wouldnt give any stat bonuses
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2035/f2pcapes.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Here are a few ideas I noticed mentioned, if you see any particularly good ones or want one on the list PM me :) Thanks!
• Make a cape in F2P that is for anyone with a 99, the cape would represent any 99 and you could do the emote with it.
• Make it possible to buy the capes in p2p and then have the ability to equip them on in f2p, $5 or whatever it is that they spent to get the cape each time would probably make them more money, and the effort put in for a 99 has to be worth that...
• Capes without shoulder pads and the trimming bits?
• Allow them to do just the emote? maybe there could be a ring for the skill or something to distinguish them.
• Give them capes but they have no bonuses.
also this is from fury angel which i though was pritty cool:
I recently asked 100+ people who have gotten a 99 in f2p if they have ever, or currently have another character who is p2p, here is the results.
17 People have never been P2P.
31 People have been P2P on another account in the past but are not P2P anymore.
52 People are currently P2P on another account.
So a lot of people who have 99 in f2p have paid for members at some point, or have a main in members... and no doubt by the time someone maxes a skill in f2p they have deffinatly given runescape enough of their time and advert views to diserve something in return xP
Thanks for checkin this out =] give me your opinions
Edited by ricos, 16 July 2010 - 09:13 PM.