5.2 - Ranging bork
    5.3 - Ranging bork
  • 6.0 - Frequently Asked Questions
  • 7.0 - Credits

i - Revision history [optional]
» 06/02/2009 - Guide created
» 28/08/2009 - Added Magic section

1.0 - Introduction
» Hi all who are reading this guide, this is my second time making a guide and my first one I am writing for the general guides section.
» This is a guide specially made to teach you how to kill this amazing charm dropper, bork, using range and melee methods.
» Bork is a monster found in the chaos tunnels and you can kill it once a day, it drops 14 charms upon killing it and he summons minions who will help it fight.
» Now lets have a look at who you are facing against

Posted Image
Name: Bork
Combat: 267
Lifepoints: 3000
Max Hit: 254
Nature: Aggressive
Attack Style: Melee
Weakness: Magic, Stab
Note: This monster has very very high defence and it hits often if you don't use protection prayer against it.
*This monster resets at 0:00 GMT everyday*

Posted Image
Name: Ork legion
Combat: 70
Lifepoints: 500
Max Hit: 82
Attack Style: Melee and range
Weakness: Slash
Note: Bork summons these monsters after it reach around 2/3 health. The amount of the monsters is random but it usually summons 3 to 4 of them.
*I would refer to this as minions for the later part of the guide*

Name: Dagon'hai Elite
Combat: NA
Lifepoints: NA (You can't attack him, he has a blue magic shield to protect him)
Max hit: 290
Attack style: Magic
Note: This is the irritaing guy who keep blasting you with magic once in awhile. He hits damage in the 200s often and magic resistant armour seems to do little or no effect against his attacks. For more infomation on how to counter his attacks, read the <Extra infomation> section.

2.0 - Requirements
As I said earlier, bork isn't just any normal monster, I consider it as strong as a king black dragon, so of course certain skill requirements are needed to achieve ideal results.However, before you are able to fight bork, you need to complete some quest.

• Quest requirement
    Rune Mysteries Quest
    What Lies Below

I added the url for the quest guide so just click on them and you get linked to the guide.
  • Combat requirements
    As my guide is made up of the range section and melee section, I have 2 sets of requirements depending on your choice of melee and range.

Minimum Melee requirements
    Hitpoints ---> 75+ (To eat more damage before you start to heal)
    Attack ---> 70+ (Weapons and accuracy)
    Defence ---> 1+ (Monk robes will do but higher defence allows you to use initiate or proselyte armour)
    Strength ---> 70+ (Higher damage ends bork faster = less life loss)
    Prayer ---> 55+ (Oglog pools if below 65, note that low prayer requires the use of prayer potion so 65 is recommended)

Mimimum Range requirements
    Hitpoints ---> 50+
    Range ---> 61+ (Rune crossbow, 70+ recommended)
    Prayer ---> 43+ (80 to on eagles eye throughout the fight)
    *Optional*
    Attack ---> 42 (Void knight armour)
    Strength ---> 42 (Void knight armour)
    Defence ---> 42 (Void knight armour)

Mimimum Magic requirements
    Hitpoints ---> 50+ (To eat more damage before you start to heal)
    Magic ---> 40+ (To use mystic)
    Defence ---> 20+ (To use mystic)
    Prayer ---> 55+ (Oglog pools if below 65, note that low prayer requires the use of prayer potion so 65 is recommended)

3.0 - Inventory and equipments
This is the part which determines if you can kill bork in ease so do look carefully as I have few kinds of combinations to bring.

• Melee inventory and equipments
    *All of these are just recommended items, if you know of better items combination, use them*
    Equipments
    Headpiece --> Helm of neitiznot > Beserker helm > Any other helmet which gives good prayer or strength bonus.
    Amulet ---> Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory > Amulet of power
    Top ---> Veracs brassard > Proselyte hauberk > Initiate harness > Best armour
    Bottom ---> Veracs plateskirt > Proselyte cuisse/tasset > Initiate platelegs > Best armour
    Shield ---> Dragonfire shield(Full charged) > Obsidian shield > Anti-Dragon shield > Any godbook
    Boots ---> Dragon boots > Rune boots > Any other boots.
    Weapon ---> Chaostic longsword/rapier(These weapons practically never miss) > Any Godsword > Abyssal whip > Saradomin sword > Dragon scimitar
    Gloves ---> RFD gloves > Any other gloves.
    Cape ---> Firecape > Skillcape > Obisdian cape
    Ring ---> Beserker ring > Warrior ring > Ring of life > Any other ring.

Inventory
    1 click teleport
    Holy wrench (Optional if you have high prayer)
    Strength potion (Super strength if you want, these are easily obtained from Mr. Hyde random event)
    Dragon dagger super poison (This is really useful on bork to get him to summon his friends fast)
    Anti-dragon shield (Optional)
    Rest of inventory of food (Lobsters+)
  • Range inventory and equipments
    *It is recommended to use void however other armour will produce same results*

Posted Image <<< My setup

Equipments
    Headpiece --> Void ranger helm > Armadyl helm > Best range attack bonus headpiece.
    Amulet ---> Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory > Amulet of power
    Top ---> Void knight amrour > Armadyl top > Best Range attack bonus top> Best prayer top without -range bonus.
    Bottom ---> Void knight armour > Armadyl bottom > Best range attack bonus bottom > Best prayer bottom without -range bonus.
    Shield ---> Anti-Dragon shield > Any godbook.
    Boots ---> Ranger boots > Snakeskin boots
    Weapon ---> Rune crossbow
    Gloves ---> Void knight gloves > Barrow gloves > Best vambraces
    Cape ---> Ava's accumulator (This is a MUST or else you would be wasting your bolts)
    Ring ---> Archer ring > Ring of life > Any other ring

Depending on your range level, use bolts which you are confident that you can kill bork.

Projectiles(50 to 100) ---> Diamond bolt(e) > Broad bolts(55 slayer) > Mithril bolts > Other bolts

Inventory

1 click teleport
    Range potion (Optional but it helps)
    15-20 High healing food (Lobsters+)
  • Magic inventory and equipments

Equipments
    Headpiece -->Ahrims Hood > Farseer helm > Mystic hat
    Amulet ---> Amulet of magic
    Top ---> Ahrims robe top > Mystic robe top
    Bottom ---> Ahrims robe bottom > Mystic robe bottom
    Shield ---> Anti-Dragon shield > Any godbook.
    Boots ---> Infinity boots > Wizzard boots > leather boots
    Weapon ---> Chaostic staff > Staff of light > Staff of fire
    Gloves ---> Chaos Gauntlet > Barrow gloves > Infinity gloves
    Cape ---> God cape > Any other cape
    Ring ---> Seers ring > Ring of life > Any other ring

Inventory

1 click teleport
    Runes for fire bolts
    15-20 High healing food (Lobsters+)

Optional : Enhanced excalibur (Heals you and let you tank bork quite well even without pray)

4.0 - How to get there
If this is your first time killing bork, please refer to this guide instead
Hunt for Surok

I shall show you route to rift and route to bork's portal if this is not your first time killing bork.

Route to rift

Posted Image

Route to bork's portal

Posted Image

On your way you will encounter an extremely dangerous monster, the mummies(Location 2 on map).
This monster is able to hit extremely high damage despite it's combat level so protect from melee against this monster.

Posted Image

Once you reach bork's portal, drink a dose of your potion(strength or ranging) and prepare your dragon dagger special attack, then enter.

5.0 - Killing bork
Once you are inside, you will receive a message like this.

Posted Image

As long as your message is still there, the battle won't start so take this chance to change your camera view to this

Posted Image

• Melee bork
    Now you got your camera view at bork, right click and attack him and get your first hit. Your dragon dagger special attacks with prayer and potion would give bork a good opening hit and if you are lucky, he may even summon his friends by your 4th special. If you are using a saradomin godsword or excalibur(e), keep your special attack bar until bork summons his friend, thats where you use your special to heal your prayer and life.

After you run out of special bar, its time to pull out your weapon. Hit him till this message appears 'Bork strikes the ground with his axe.' and this picture will appear.

Posted Image

Kill all of his friends, it wouldn't be too difficult. The amount of friends bork summons are random and each of them drop a charm usually so its like a bonus. You can choose not to kill them if you want to save time.

Now that you are done with his friends, continue attacking bork till he falls and you will get a picture like this.

Posted Image

• Ranging bork
    This is a method which I am going to introduce and its very effective for low level players as all you need is range, hitpoints and prayer.

Once you switch your camera view to bork, get your first hit on bork and run towards the northern-most wall like this

Posted Image

Next get to this spot. This is a safespot if you done what I said correctly, you have to ensure bork is not too far away from you to do it successfully.

Posted Image

Switch to accurate attack style and on protect from magic prayer, this would stop the magician's attack. You then keep shooting bork and on/off your prayer once in awhile base on your attack speed (I will talk about this later).
    When bork summons his friend, switch to rapid attack mode. First attack the minion that is ranging you and switch to protect from melee. You can choose to switch to protect from magic if you are able to catch the attack speed.

When the friends are dead, you should have a scene similar to this. Take the charms and go back to your safespot quickly.

Posted Image

Finish bork's remainding hp with the same method and if you have 30+ prayer left, use eagle eye prayer to kill him faster.
  • Maging bork
    Same tatic as range.

5.0 - Extra infomation
  • Bork and legion Drops
    Ork legion drops: Gold charm, Green charm, Crimson charm
    Bork drops: Big bones, Coins (2000-9973), Blue charms (5), Crimson charms (7), Green charms (2), Uncut sapphire, Uncut emerald, Uncut ruby,Clue scroll (Elite)
    *The clue scroll is an extremely rare drop*
  • Oo'glog
    This is a great place to go before you go bork and its very useful for lower leveled player. This place requires you to do the quest As a first resort. This place allows you to use their pools which can boost your prayer, hitpoints and give you unlimited run for a period of time.
  • Dagon'hai Elite attack rate
    This is particularly useful as you will be able to know when to switch to protect from magic prayer. I will list down a few common weapon used and their timing.

Weapon
    Abyssal whip/dragon scimitar/saradomin sword ---> 6 hits with this before you switch
    Godswords ---> Around 5 hits before you switch
    Rune crossbow ---> 5 hits if you use accurate, 5.5 hits if you use rapid

5.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is diamond bolt(e) worth using against bork?

» A:
Yes it is worth it, although I said that you need 50-100 bolts to go bork, you probably won't use more than 15 bolts to kill bork and friends if you use ava's accumulator.That would cost you around 10k. Bork will drop cash and I average it to be 4k so in actual fact, you are spending 6k to get 16 charms or so.

Q: Holy wrench does nothing when you are not using prayer potion, then why bring it? (Joshuaisnumber2)

» A:
This is not true, it does gives extra prayer points when you drink a prayer potion. However, it also works like prayer armour and slows down your prayer drain rate, although its not significant, its worth bringing in case you are in a tight battle.

6.0 - Credits
Ben_goten78: Provider for template
Zybez.net: Provider for maps, infomation, pictures and quest guide.
Imageshack: Allowing me to host my pictures
Hayapi7171: Sharing with me infomation on melee
Joshuaisnumber2: Provided me with a relevant question to answer :-)
tonton: Added Magic section

Guide Copyright Notice:
All Guides are Copyright © Zybez RuneScape Community Guides forum and the original author, 2001-2010+; All Rights Reserved.

All Guides submitted to Zybez RuneScape Community become property of the Zybez Guides forum. Use on any other website without the author's permission is PROHIBITED!

Edited by CakesAreLies, 23 February 2012 - 08:25 PM.
fixpix

#2 Avicenna

Avicenna

Lost beneath the clouds

• RS Status:Member

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

Approved!

Posted Image

#3 Barrel

Barrel

Darkness Imprisioning Me

• Clan:Looking...

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

May I please ask what is so great about killing this guy? 10 Charms doesn't seem that great to me, but I may be missing something. Also "Prayer ---> 55+(Oglog pools if below 65)" I thought that it was spelled Oo'Glog, although I am probably wrong. Good guide other than that.

Edited by Pathetic, 10 February 2009 - 12:13 AM.

Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was inappropriate (obscene, flaming, or bad language). To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
Atarah

#4 Ukon Kun

Ukon Kun

• RS Name:Ukon Kun
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

View PostPathetic, on Feb 9 2009, 11:16 PM, said:

May I please ask what is so great about killing this guy? 10 Charms doesn't seem that great to me, but I may be missing something. Also "Prayer ---> 55+(Oglog pools if below 65)" I thought that it was spelled Oo'Glog, although I am probably wrong. Good guide other than that.
It doesn't take that long, and it 4 charms iirc, are blue. Can you mage bork? If so add a section on that.

#5 Natmonster

Natmonster

• RS Name:Miho

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:56 AM

Ty for the spelling mistake you pointed out, i will edit it when i get a chance to edit my original copy. Bork is a great way of getting charms, you could easily kill it in 5-10mins(inclusive of walking time) and get 14 charms++ which equals to around 5k summoning xp or more at higher lvls. You also get some gems and coins so its very worth it in the long run.

I made this guide in a rush and i would add more pictures and infomation if i have the time, so meanwhile, do add more comments =)

It doesn't take that long, and it 4 charms iirc, are blue. Can you mage bork? If so add a section on that.
I thought of using magic once as bork is weak to magic according to zybez monster database. However the cost of spells would be higher. Taking 4 minions and bork's hp inclusive and you hit 8 on average using fire bolt and chaos gauntlets, it would cost you 10k?(not counting miss hits). However i would consider your suggestions and try out the best possible way for magic.

If you are interested in more charm collecting do check out me rock lobster guide too =)Fatey's rock lobster guide

#6 mstrling70

mstrling70

• RS Name:mstrling70
  • Clan:None

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:31 AM

I pray melee and Blood Burst him and his minions.  I don't even need food because the blood attack heals for 1/4 the total damage, and I don't need any prayer pots because he is dead in under two minutes.

He is a good bonus source for blue charms.

I wear full Ahrims, Zammy cloak, Zammy book, Unholy symbol, Barrows gloves, wizzy boots, Explorer's ring, and the Ancient Staff.

#7 Natmonster

Natmonster

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

I pray melee and Blood Burst him and his minions. I don't even need food because the blood attack heals for 1/4 the total damage, and I don't need any prayer pots because he is dead in under two minutes.

He is a good bonus source for blue charms.

I wear full Ahrims, Zammy cloak, Zammy book, Unholy symbol, Barrows gloves, wizzy boots, Explorer's ring, and the Ancient Staff.

Ty for your infomation, however i have to say that ancients is a set of very expensive spells, each blood burst cost around ummm 1.5k? How many spells you did take to kill bork and friends?

I have to say magic is a expensive way of killing bork, so i would range it, it requires 5 lobsters or so though which cost around 1.5k too but its a better way of healing.

#8 Greece

Greece

When Biased happens.

• RS Status:Free

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:55 AM

This guide is nice, you can also get a clue from bork, right?

~Jaja

View PostUn_t0uch, on 02 November 2009 - 07:57 PM, said:

A wild Jagex mod appears

pokemon skill confirmed

#9 Natmonster

Natmonster

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

This guide is nice, you can also get a clue from bork, right?

~Jaja

I've never killed Bork but now it doesn't look so bad.
Nice Guide.

Ty for compliments, i wrote this guide on the fact that lots of non-experience players don't know about this, experience players may also not know of the benefits it gives =)

Bork isn't a difficult monster to kill if you are strong but if you are weak, this guide probably helps =)

And yes! bork gives clue i believe but the chances are so small that its better not to expect a clue i believe.

#10 joshuaisnumber2

joshuaisnumber2

welcome to the wildy how may i kill you?

• RS Name:Pillerkiller

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

i beleive holy wrench does nothing if your not usuing pray pots... holy wrench gives +1 pray per dose
Posted Image[/code]
[b][color="red"]

#11 Natmonster

Natmonster

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:09 AM

i beleive holy wrench does nothing if your not usuing pray pots... holy wrench gives +1 pray per dose

Thats not true, it does give extra prayer points when drinking a prayer potion tho, but it also works like a prayer armour and slows down your prayer drain.

nice guide keep it up
Oooooh another lovely comment :thumbsup: ty

#12 Borschwicz

Borschwicz

• RS Name:Borschwicz

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

A very well written guide, but do you even have to make a guide for Bork? All you need is mage def armor and prot from melee and food...thats it.

#13 Natmonster

Natmonster

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:17 PM

A very well written guide, but do you even have to make a guide for Bork? All you need is mage def armor and prot from melee and food...thats it.
I find that there are still alot of players out there who doesn't know the benefits of bork, even if they do, they are afraid of fighting it, this guides explains the method and i added a range method....currently researching magic method tho.

easy :D! great guide ^-^ i can do bork with 1 shark and a whip :P epic no :D?
1 shark and whip ooo thats great, i usually do it with 2-3 lobsters ranging.

#14 The Equation

The Equation

I am a Banana

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hmm, the only issue I can see with this guide is that you recommend Void.

After spending hours on end getting the armor, I would have to say that it's not very useful for these situations, especially if your range is a lower level.  For higher levels it works like a charm.

Think of it this way:

Void provides a ~20% damage boost and takes 20ish hours to get

Black d'hide set gives a +60% accuracy rate (c'bow is 92?, and d'hide is about 60) and costs 15k

#15 Natmonster

Natmonster

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:10 AM

View PostThe Equation, on Feb 16 2009, 08:50 AM, said:

Hmm, the only issue I can see with this guide is that you recommend Void.

After spending hours on end getting the armor, I would have to say that it's not very useful for these situations, especially if your range is a lower level.  For higher levels it works like a charm.

Think of it this way:

Void provides a ~20% damage boost and takes 20ish hours to get

Black d'hide set gives a +60% accuracy rate (c'bow is 92?, and d'hide is about 60) and costs 15k

Hmmm Bork has a pretty high defence so hitting high is important so I recommend void. However, using other armour works equally well.

#16 Natmonster

Natmonster

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

Ty for your comments, this guide is quite old, somehow you managed to find it and helped me bump it :$

#17 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostNatmonster, on Apr 25 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

Ty for your comments, this guide is quite old, somehow you managed to find it and helped me bump it :suspect:
Hey, It's still useful  :thumbsup: It will remain in the General Guides, don't worry about that  :whistle:

Posted Image

#18 Natmonster

Natmonster

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:05 AM

View PostAragon, on Apr 26 2009, 11:09 PM, said:

View PostNatmonster, on Apr 25 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

Ty for your comments, this guide is quite old, somehow you managed to find it and helped me bump it :-P
Hey, It's still useful  :lol: It will remain in the General Guides, don't worry about that  ^_^

oooh, glad to know that. Its just that it appeared after it disappeared for months, finally someone bumped it, me happy :-/

#19 Discouraged

Discouraged

What Rules?

• RS Name:Thepker163

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

I wish I read this when I fought Bork the Dork. XD
This is extremely helpful, though some of your minimal levels should be lowered.
But now I can range Bork in peace thanks to that safe spot, thanks :D

Edited by Discouraged, 05 June 2009 - 05:41 AM.

View Poststtmbera, on Jun 2 2009, 06:55 AM, said:

my first time in the wilderness, someone attacked me and i ran away... deeper into the wilderness >.<

View PostMurdoc, on Apr 27 2009, 02:54 PM, said:

Because the number of strings are very important on an air instrument, right?
95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are in the 5% that would shout 'Jump

#20 Natmonster

Natmonster

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:45 AM

View PostDiscouraged, on Jun 4 2009, 08:16 AM, said:

I wish I read this when I fought Bork the Dork. XD
This is extremely helpful, though some of your minimal levels should be lowered.
But now I can range Bork in peace thanks to that safe spot, thanks :D 5/5

thank you for your comments, very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Edited by Natmonster, 04 June 2009 - 07:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: