Jump to content


Keep Getting White Screen On Rs


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Buscape

Buscape

    whoyoufinnatry

  • Posts:5,248
  • Joined:13-November 06
  • RS Name:King Niisku
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

I keep getting that annoying white screen constantly on RS client while I play, how do I fix this?

< -5 | 4 | +5 >

Posted Image

xex-senior member/ex-PK CL.


#2 GLaDOSDan

GLaDOSDan

    I got hepatitis C from a horse

  • Posts:7,232
  • Joined:31-July 07
  • RS Name:Black Mesa
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

I can has sticky?
Posted ImageRather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you... if and when your time comes round again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Dr. Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of... well... I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime... this is where I get off.

-G-Man, Half-Life 2

#3 Slam

Slam

    Multi-Tasking

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

View Post911 Gt3 Rs, on Jan 13 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

Yours is the screen is black and not loading. He loads and starts playing, but during game play the screen will turn white and you pretty much lag out of the game.
Posted Image[-Former Achievements Leader-]
[-Former Senior Moderator-]
[-Former Zybez Content Team Member-]
[-Former Zybez DJ-]

The democrats took your birthday cake. They split it up and gave it to those who weren't fortunate enough to have a birthday today.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 GLaDOSDan

GLaDOSDan

    I got hepatitis C from a horse

  • Posts:7,232
  • Joined:31-July 07
  • RS Name:Black Mesa
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

View PostSlamajama, on Jan 13 2009, 07:06 PM, said:

View Post911 Gt3 Rs, on Jan 13 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

Yours is the screen is black and not loading. He loads and starts playing, but during game play the screen will turn white and you pretty much lag out of the game.

Black - White - same thing.

Issue is probably related.
Posted ImageRather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you... if and when your time comes round again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Dr. Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of... well... I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime... this is where I get off.

-G-Man, Half-Life 2

#5 Betta

Betta

    Member

  • Posts:7,278
  • Joined:13-November 03
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

View Post911 Gt3 Rs, on Jan 13 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

View PostSlamajama, on Jan 13 2009, 07:06 PM, said:

View Post911 Gt3 Rs, on Jan 13 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

Yours is the screen is black and not loading. He loads and starts playing, but during game play the screen will turn white and you pretty much lag out of the game.

Black - White - same thing.

Issue is probably related.

No, it's not. The White screen of death means the game has loaded, and java is working (because he's playing the game before hand). Java has issues with repainting once something has been drawn over it. The problem has actually DECREASED since newer javas have come out. The only recommendation I can make is to either reinstall the latest Java, or use IE.

-Betta

#6 GLaDOSDan

GLaDOSDan

    I got hepatitis C from a horse

  • Posts:7,232
  • Joined:31-July 07
  • RS Name:Black Mesa
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

View PostBetta, on Jan 13 2009, 07:16 PM, said:

View Post911 Gt3 Rs, on Jan 13 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

View PostSlamajama, on Jan 13 2009, 07:06 PM, said:

View Post911 Gt3 Rs, on Jan 13 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

Yours is the screen is black and not loading. He loads and starts playing, but during game play the screen will turn white and you pretty much lag out of the game.

Black - White - same thing.

Issue is probably related.

No, it's not. The White screen of death means the game has loaded, and java is working (because he's playing the game before hand). Java has issues with repainting once something has been drawn over it. The problem has actually DECREASED since newer javas have come out. The only recommendation I can make is to either reinstall the latest Java, or use IE.

-Betta

Eek, Didn't see that he'd already got in, my bad.
Posted ImageRather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you... if and when your time comes round again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Dr. Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of... well... I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime... this is where I get off.

-G-Man, Half-Life 2

#7 Buscape

Buscape

    whoyoufinnatry

  • Posts:5,248
  • Joined:13-November 06
  • RS Name:King Niisku
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

I'm going to update Java, if it continues I will delete and reinstall completely and see how that run goes.  :wub:

< -5 | 4 | +5 >

Posted Image

xex-senior member/ex-PK CL.


#8 doorknob60

doorknob60

    Linux Nerd

  • Posts:2,032
  • Joined:21-January 07
  • RS Name:doorknob60
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

Actually, I think they might both be related with Latest Java+Firefox. On my computer, it white screens before anything loads, but on my parents computer, with the same software combo, it starts but white screens after like a minute or two. In Windows on my computer it simply refuses to load. I suggest using IE (or another browser) until these issues get resolved. This post assumes you're using Firefox already. If my assumption was wrong, still try a different browser I guess.


Posted Image
Proud Arch Linux User
How to train Magic and make a profit


#9 MattyWah

MattyWah

    Member

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: