48 replies to this topic

#1 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

Posted ImageF2P WoodcuttingPosted Image
A continuation of the F2P series

The Woodcut skill has been in the game since its release (Jan 4, 2001) and it was the first skill ever to reach 99 (by Everdred) on August 2001. It has also been one of the more popular 99s and a popular money making method for F2Pers. This guide will go through everything related to Woodcutting in F2P. It may seem short but it really is not :). I have compacted it all so it looks organized, detailed, easy to understand, and to the point. Enjoy the guide and remember to leave some feedback, please!

Table of Contents
  • i - Changes & Updates
  • 1.0 - Information to know
    1.1 - Random Events
    1.2 - Trees & Logs
    1.3 - Axes
  • 2.0 - Leveling WC from level 1 to 99
  • 3.0 - Making money using WC
    3.1 - Worlds
  • 4.0 - Frequently Asked Questions
  • 5.0 - Credits

i - Changes & Updates
» Sept 11, 2010: Added 3 new willow spots! All are always empty
» Dec 5, 2008: Guide finished & posted in GG. Accepted!
» Dec 2, 2008: Guide made & started working on guide.

1.0 - Information to know
Some random events are specific to what you're doing. There was a WC random event that would take the head of your axe and it would appear somewhere nearby. You will also learn about the trees, logs, and the axes.

1.1 - EXTINCT Random Events
NOTE: Due to recent updates, these random events no longer happen. They shall remain as a historical recognition :)!

Tree Spirit*
Will appear and melee you if you been cutting trees for too long.
Posted Image

Ent
If you continue chopping after it appears, your axe will break.
Posted Image

*Its combat level depended on your combat level.

1.2 - Trees and Logs
These are the trees and logs you will find throughout the F2P map.

Tree
Posted Image
Required level: 1
Exp per log: 25
Per log value: Here

Oak Tree
Posted Image
Required level: 15
Exp per log: 37.5

Willow Tree
Posted Image
Required level: 30
Exp per log: 67.5

Yew Tree
Posted Image
Required level: 60
Exp per log: 175

1.3 - Axes
The better the axe, the faster you will obtain logs. The higher your WC level is, the faster you will obtain logs. If you don't have the required Attack level to *wield* the axe, your character will instead just use it to chop.

Bronze Axe
Posted Image
Price: Here

Iron Axe
Posted Image

Steel Axe
Posted Image
Required level: 6

Black Axe
Posted Image
Required level: 6

Mithril Axe
Posted Image
Required level: 21

Adamant Axe
Posted Image
Required level: 31

Rune Axe
Posted Image
Required level: 41

2.0 - Leveling WC from level 1 to 99
Leveling Woodcut in F2P is pretty simple but where you do it can make all the difference. In this section, is a detailed tutorial from 1 WC to 99 WC. Only the best places where you can get the most exp are here.

1 Woodcut to 15 Woodcut (drop logs)
[Location]
Its outside of Port Sarim's rune shop. Tons of Trees and Oak Trees.
Posted Image

This is the best spot to level from 1 WC to 15 because you're surrounded by Trees. Although at this level, *where* you cut doesn't matter.

[Steps]
1. Cut 20 Trees. You have achieved 6 Woodcutting, congratulations!
2. Cut another 76 Trees. You have achieved 15 Woodcutting! You can now cut Oak Trees.
Total Trees cut: 96

15 Woodcut to 30 Woodcut (drop logs)
[Location]
Posted Image

Same place as 1-15. It is packed with Oak Trees.

[Steps]
1. Cut 69 Oak Trees. Congratulations, 21 Woodcutting! Equip your Mithril Axe (or drop/bank/sell previous axe [bronze, iron, steel]).
2. Cut another 222 Oak Trees. You are now 30 Woodcutting, congrats! You are also now able to cut Willow Trees.
Total Oak Trees cut: 291

30 Woodcut to 60 Woodcut
[Location]
[always empty] This is the best spot to chop Willows in F2P. It is in Rimmington. Sell your logs to General Store instead of dropping (much faster).
Posted Image

[Steps]
1. Cut 21 Willow Trees. Congratulations, 31 Woodcutting! Equip your Adamant Axe.
2. Cut 390 Willow Trees. You can now equip a Rune Axe (do so).
3. Cut  3445 Willow Trees. Hurray! You can now chop Yew Trees (60 Woodcut).
Total Willow Trees cut: 3856

60 Woodcut to 99 Woodcut
Most people cut Willow Trees until 75 WC then switch to Yew Trees. Others wait until 80 or 85 WC until switching to Yews. Some just do Willow Trees all the way until 99 (with, of course, some once in a while breaks to chop something else). The choice is yours to make. To view where to chop Yew Trees go to "Making Money Using WC". Below are the spots to chop Willow Trees.

Spot 1
When I released this guide, this spot used to always be empty. Now it is hard to find an empty world in F2P. It is in Rimmington. Sell your logs to General Store instead of dropping (much faster).
Posted Image
Number of trees (Willows): 5

Spot 2
[sometimes people] This is above what I call chicken house in Lumbridge. People are here every so often but for most of the time, it is empty.
Posted Image
Number of trees (Willows): 3

Spot 3
Sometimes there is people, other times there isn't. In German Worlds and in PvP worlds, it will always be empty. It is in Port Sarim next to the bar.
Posted Image
Number of trees (Willows): 4

Spot 4
This spot is totally unknown and always always empty. There are 7 Willow Trees all within close proximity. The bank, Draynor, is pretty close as well.
Posted Image
Number of trees (Willows): 7

Spot 5 (BEST SPOT)
This spot used to be *plagued* by bots. I don't know what happened, but I guess they forgot about this spot and moved to the Rimmington one. This will *always* be empty on any world
Posted Image
Number of trees (Willows): 8, one is offscreen

Spot 6
Empty in most worlds. There are 5 Willows close to each other and about 2-3 more that are spread in the same area.
Posted Image
Number of trees (Willows): 5

Spot 7
Has people in some worlds, other worlds it's empty. Somewhat of a popular botting place.
Posted Image
Number of trees (Willows): 4

I recommend doing Willow Trees until 90 WC and then Yew Trees only from then on. At 90 WC you will cut Yew Trees at a fast rate and beat the competition.

Below is how many how many logs you need received FROM CUTTING A WILLOW TREE to achieve such level (60-finishinglvl).

NOTE: The amount of Willow Trees you need to chop is alot in comparison to Yew Trees and Yew Trees give more exp BUT the rate you chop logs cutting Willow Trees is A LOT  faster than Yew Trees. I would say 3x faster (or 2.5x)

TIP: If you want to estimate how long it will take you to cut this amount of logs, figure out logs/hour (look at FAQs for detailed formula) then decide how many hours you want to spend WCing daily.

WILLOWS
60-75: 13875
60-80: 25367
60-85: 44220
60-90: 75149
60-99: 189047

3.0 - Making money using WC
To make money using the Woodcutting skill, the best way is to cut Yew Trees and sell the Yew Logs. All the locations of the Yew Trees are identified on the World Map with an icon that looks like this: Posted Image and because of this, all Yew Tree spots are known to the world and you will have to do it like everyone else. Though, you have some advantages mentioned in section 3.1 :).

Price of a Yew Log: Here

3.1 - Worlds
The emptier your world is, the emptier your spot will be therefore more profits. Also, the more people a world has, the faster the respawn rate for trees (after you cut them down, for them to reappear) is. Less people = slower respawn. If you are good leveled, you can try WCing Yew Trees in PvP Worlds. If you are high leveled (115+) I totally recommend you WC Yew Trees in PvP worlds. If, however, you still can't find an empty-enough world and don't want to risk dying in PvP, then the complete solution is to go to a German world. They are *very* empty (usually 40 to 90 players at night, no joking) and the PvP worlds are even emptier (I have seen 22 players at night). Although everything is in German, every single thing (dialog, words, everything) is in the exact same place.

German worlds link: Here

4.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

1. Is Woodcut the easiest skill to level in F2P?
No but for some reason, it is amongst the most common 99s for pure f2pers. The easiest skill is Cooking, 2nd is Firemaking, the 3rd easiest is Fishing, and WC is 4th.
Rankings made assuming you used the fastest exp gaining method for each skill
Thanks to: Skill Aid

2. I don't understand the point of being pure F2P.
The reasons why some players are pure F2P vary widely. Some have had the chance to become P2P but have chosen to stay F2P reason is because their account is in an advances stage of being a pure F2P. Another reason is, some pure F2Pers simply prefer a Runescape that leveling isn't made 3x easier as a year passes on.

3. Uhh, why don't you include exp/hour for the training methods? You should. It will make your guide better.
The amount of exp a player gets an hour depends on many factors such as the skill level, agility level (unless player is pure F2P), axe being used, how much attention is being paid, how distracted you are, and how long you take to get to bank and go back to spot. For these reasons, there can't be an accurate (or proper estimate) of exp/hour. It simply varies per player. Therefore, please do the formula below, it will give you the exact amount of exp/hour you will gain.

I DID NOT GO INGAME AND TIME IT. THIS IS MADE UP DATA. DON'T JUMP INTO CONCLUSIONS AND THINK THAT EXP IS SLOW. DO THE TEST/FORMULA FIRST
Step 1. Get a timer, set it to 5 minutes. Go to your spot. Start timer and at the same moment start cutting the tree. If you reach to be full inventory, run to bank and run back to spot. When your timer reaches 0:00 minutes, stop cutting. Count the amount of logs received in those 5 minutes.

Example (read red text): I was able to obtain 27 Yew Logs in 5:00 minutes.

Step 2. Now multiply the amount of logs you were able to obtain in those 5 minutes by 12. The answer should be the amount of logs you will receive per hour.

Example: 27*12=324. I calculated that I can obtain 324 Yew logs in an hour (60 minutes).

Step 3. Now go find out how much exp each logs gives (look at top of guide) and multiply so by your previous result.

Example: Since I was cutting Yew Trees, I received Yew Logs. Each Yew Log gives me xxx exp in Woodcut. I multiply 324*175=56700. So 56700 exp an hour.

Tara! You have the exp/hour.

If you want to find out how much cash/hour, (step 3) instead of multiplying by exp, multiply by individual price of logs (for me 324*pricePERyewLOG=moneyMADE).

4. Do you have any other F2P guides?
Yes, I do. They are: High Level Training In F2P (General Guides), 1-99 Fishing In F2P (Content Camp, hopefully GG soon), and F2P Firemaking (to be posted soon).

Any questions? Post them :).

5.0 - Credits
Zybez: Used many item pictures.
MoneyMan: Suggested to include map in pics.

YOU BEEN SCHOOLED.

Guide Copyright Notice:
All Guides are Copyright © Zybez RuneScape Community Guides forum and the original author, 2001-2010+; All Rights Reserved.

All Guides submitted to Zybez RuneScape Community become property of the Zybez Guides forum. Use on any other website without the author's permission is PROHIBITED!

Edited by Rarez, 04 November 2010 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image

Runescape Classic Fact Sheet
Very interesting. 150000+ views, 600+ replies

#2 Avicenna

Avicenna

Lost beneath the clouds

• RS Status:Member

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:55 PM

Approved.

Congratulations :thumbsup:

Edited by Avicenna, 06 December 2008 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:03 PM

Yay! Thank you :)

edit: have made some small changes :). should make the guide look prettier

Edited by Rarez, 06 December 2008 - 05:14 PM.

Posted Image

#4 albino124

albino124

[|skiller|]

• RS Name:Albino124
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

This could be the first guide to be posted to GG instantly? Well nice guide but when you say from lv 60 woodcutting to lv 99 woodcutting what should I cut all the way?

I currently have 65 woodcutting and I do want to make some money out of Woodcutting so I wonder if I train 10 more levels at Willows than cut yew logs all the way to 99?

#5 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

View Postalbino124, on Dec 6 2008, 06:28 PM, said:

This could be the first guide to be posted to GG instantly? Well nice guide but when you say from lv 60 woodcutting to lv 99 woodcutting what should I cut all the way?

I currently have 65 woodcutting and I do want to make some money out of Woodcutting so I wonder if I train 10 more levels at Willows than cut yew logs all the way to 99?
It certainly is not because my other GG guide was made as a new topic here and accepted. I dunno rly.

Yep, 75 WC would cut Yew Trees at a fair fast rate. 65-75 is easy to get. So ye.

edit: updated pic for 1-15 & 15-30

Edited by Rarez, 06 December 2008 - 06:53 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Devin

Devin

SoTM.

• RS Name:Woodman1014

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

For many of the willow spots I cant be sure where they are. It would be nice to have a small picture of the map, like you have with the 1st willow spot. Great guide by the way, I am going for 99 woodcutting so it helps a lot.

#7 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

View PostMoneyMan, on Dec 7 2008, 10:45 AM, said:

For many of the willow spots I cant be sure where they are. It would be nice to have a small picture of the map, like you have with the 1st willow spot. Great guide by the way, I am going for 99 woodcutting so it helps a lot.
I suppose you're talking about spot #4 because the other three spots have the location mentioned above picture and in the picture. Anyways, will include a map picture.

Thank you =)

edit: map added to pics

Edited by Rarez, 07 December 2008 - 11:11 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Lab B203

Lab B203

Hai

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

Very nice guide :thumbsup: I am going for 99 woodcutting, F2P and I was also wondering: Which is faster, cutting willows from 90-99, or yews in like a German world 90-99?

#9 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

View Posttdude75, on Dec 7 2008, 01:45 PM, said:

Very nice guide :thumbsup: I am going for 99 woodcutting, F2P and I was also wondering: Which is faster, cutting willows from 90-99, or yews in like a German world 90-99?
willows would be fastest exp while yew = gp

ty

View Post`avalanche, on Dec 7 2008, 01:58 PM, said:

i must say thats quite a well put together guide.
true da true da

Posted Image

#10 Lvl3pwnsyou

Lvl3pwnsyou

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

Well, I only woodcutted willow logs until level 65 and then went cutting yews, that went all good for me, I don't have any troubles with the guide though. NICE JOB (Y)

#11 Lab B203

Lab B203

Hai

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

View PostRarez, on Dec 7 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

willows would be fastest exp while yew = gp

ty

View Post`avalanche, on Dec 7 2008, 01:58 PM, said:

i must say thats quite a well put together guide.
true da true da

I guess I'll do the 5 minute time thing you said to do for both types of logs when I get to 90. If they're closeish, I'll do yews for cash. If not, willows for exp.

#12 unclean God

unclean God

• RS Name:Unclean god
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:none

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Very detailed and thought out well.

although couldn't you use a proto-tool to quicken it up a little?

#13 The Mechanical Wonder

The Mechanical Wonder

• RS Name:Pioneer Fall

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

I like it very much even though I'm a member. :innocent:

I knew every single spot you mentioned though so I guess I'm in the "know"    :wub:
If you had 22 dreams last night, but dreamed you had 21- then how many dreams did you have?
22- Very logical, but wrong. I am not in your head; therefore me telling you that you had 22 dreams is inaccurate.
21- Once again very logical. But you -dreamed- you had 21.
You only had one dream. (I think.... not too sure yet.)
(Signature inspired by the song "22 Dreams" by Paul Weller)

#14 eldest015

eldest015

• RS Name:Eldest015

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

Very nice guide :unsure: I am going for 99 woodcutting, F2P and I was also wondering: Which is faster, cutting willows from 90-99, or yews in like a German world 90-99?

Willows are faster xp but they don't make as much money as yews do so people usually end up doing yews for money
he said yews are like 3x or 2.5x faster

nice guide tho
i have 84 wc and i am gonna go for 99 eventually

#15 Skill Aid

Skill Aid

• RS Name:Skill Aid

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:03 PM

Pretty good guide, I would put a suggested Yew spot though. There may be alot of yew spots on f2p but the best is in the ruins south of edgeville. Also the easiest skills on f2p to be raised is probably
1- Cooking (by far easiest)
2- Fishing/Wc
3- Firemaking (easy to do but is so boring and tedious most players give up)

Just my opinion but Cooking is definatly easiest. Even on f2p you can get 800k exp a day easily.
Posted Image

#16 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

The Yews south of Edgeville always have people there. Even in PvP worlds. Don't know about German worlds. Although French worlds certainly do have people there as well. Lol oops ya, I totally forgot about cooking. Will add it. :)

Posted Image

#17 Skill Aid

Skill Aid

• RS Name:Skill Aid

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

View PostRarez, on Dec 28 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

The Yews south of Edgeville always have people there. Even in PvP worlds. Don't know about German worlds. Although French worlds certainly do have people there as well. Lol oops ya, I totally forgot about cooking. Will add it. :)

Glad I could assist, this has the potential to become a really great guide with a lil work so keep at it and good luck.
Posted Image

#18 C-C-C-P-Maul

C-C-C-P-Maul

• RS Name:C-C-C-P-Maul

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

best guide on f2p woodcutting in existence, im using this for my f2p pure, made pretty good m00lah so far :p
[size=3]40,349th to 99 Strength on C-C-C-P-Maul.[/size][size=3][url="http://apps.facebook.com/dopecity/hellYeah.php?o=721914834"]
[/url]
[/size][quote name='

#19 Lab B203

Lab B203

Hai

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:55 AM

View Postunclean God, on Dec 22 2008, 04:43 PM, said:

Very detailed and thought out well.

although couldn't you use a proto-tool to quicken it up a little?

It's an F2P guide, so no SC.

#20 The Unknown

The Unknown

• RS Name:ikindnessi
  • Clan:n/a

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

very well made, learnt some new spots i didnt know about before :D thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana